Silly Of Me

Unexpected

Chapter 7: Unexpected


Ryan’s brought back to reality when he feels a shot of pain coming from his side. “Ouch, Elyse!”

“Sorry! I lost you for a moment, you were just creepily staring out in space. You okay?” Elyse’s concerned eyes make him smile, always loving the feeling of being taken care of the woman in front of him.

“Yeah, sorry,” Ryan assures her, giving her hand a soft squeeze. “I really don’t want to do this now.” And he doesn’t. All he wants to do is take Elyse out, show her a good time, just be with her.

Elyse laughs, a tingling feeling erupts in Ryan’s stomach. He’s always thought that she had a beautiful laugh, but now it’s the only thing he wants her to do, laugh to show him how happy she is. “Why not? Come on Ryan, this is for charity, you’ll be helping out a lot of people.” She smiles at him. “All these women would turn into savages fighting for you.”

“Will you join in?” He shoots her a smile making Elyse laugh once again.

“No, I always see you, someone can have you for a night.” Elyse’s reply disappoints Ryan, but he masks it.

“Are you making a bid for anyone?” Ryan questions.

“I might,” he sees her eyes slightly drift over to Michael before meeting his again. “His girlfriend asked me bid on him.”

“You talk to Ana?” This new found information surprises Ryan. Surely nothing is going on between Elyse and Michael, especially if Elyse knows Ana. Elyse is not that type of girl, he knows that.

“Yes, of course I do,” Elyse replies. Ana and Elyse have met a couple of times during the meets and eventually became friends. It was hard not to especially if they always saw one another. “I talk to her quite often, Lochte.”

“How come you never told me about this?”

“I know how jealous you get when I’m close to other people other than yourself.” She teases him, letting out a chuckle. “I’m kidding, I don’t know. I mean, I never thought it was something important.”

Ryan nods. “I guess not, but I thought you had a thing for Michael?”

“Ryan, shut up,” Elyse rolls her eyes, scolding him. “First of all, I admire Michael, I think he’s attractive, but I know my boundaries and respect the fact he has a girlfriend.” She looks over at Michael, making sure his attention is elsewhere. “So for the last time, stop thinking I’m going to jump Phelps, because obviously, I’m not the type of person to betray a friend.”

Ryan couldn’t explain it, but he breathes out a sigh of relief. Michael, technically, was never a competitor for Elyse, but he still feels at ease knowing that Elyse is friends with Michael’s girlfriend. Now, all he has to do is get through this night and mission get Elyse will come to life.

“Hey, wait, you’re supposed to bid on me.” He narrows his eyes at her. “That’s the whole point of you coming here.”

“I’ll have Amelia bid on you and then have Martha bid on Aaron.” Elyse replies. “You’ll be safe, I promise.”

“Or why won’t you have Amelia bid on Michael and then you can bid on me.” Ryan didn’t like the idea of Amelia bidding for him. This whole thing is obviously negotiable. Why couldn’t Elyse bid for him instead?

“Okay you big baby,” Elyse playfully rolls her eyes. “I’ll bid for you.” She takes out her phone to text Amelia the new plan along with Martha.

The host began to explain the rules of the auction. Obviously, you can only bid on one person and once you’ve won. You must raise your sign up before shouting out a bid to keep things organized. The activity you and your swimmer will be doing will be totally up to the swimmer you’ve won.

“Let’s start the auction, shall we?” The host questions, cheering and hollering is the response he receives. “Before we do, can I please call Mr. Brendan Hansen, who will relieve me of my hosting duties and continue on with this auction.”

A warm applause is given to Brendan as he makes his way to the stage. He shakes the man’s hand before stepping behind the podium.

“Good evening ladies, and fellow swimmers,” Brendan smirks. “Are you all ready to get wet?”

Brendan’s comment, though has a multiple meanings, is thankfully met with laughter. Aaron and Ryan let out a groan in unison, while his wife covers her face, trying to hide her laughter.

“Let’s get this started, just so things won’t get too rowdy, I’ll call the swimmer one at a time.” Brendan says. “Ladies, remember, this is for charity, so please be very generous.” He smiles. “And to clarify, I won’t take part in the auction, my wife won’t appreciate it.” He blows a kiss to his wife, earning some hollering and applause from the audience.

“Let’s get this auction started, let’s start with Mr. Ryan Lochte.” Brendan calls out Ryan’s name, the spotlight being focused on Ryan. The ladies in the audience cheering for Mr. Pretty Boy.

Ryan stands up, his infamous smile spreading across his face as he makes his way towards the stage. He feels at ease knowing Elyse has his back. It’s not like he’s ever doubted her, but it’s always better to have her say it. He climbs up the stairs, pats Brendan’s back and goes to center stage.

“Ryan Lochte, an Olympic swimmer, Michael Phelp’s rival and friend. A specialist in backstroke and the IM’s. He’s single, ladies.” Brendan announces. Elyse is glaring at Brendan through the darkness, wanting to kick him for the last comment he made. “Shall we start at one hundred dollars?”

Thirty signs immediately go up, making Brendan and Ryan laugh. Women, once chosen, shout out a number for how much they’ll pay for Ryan. As the numbers went past five hundred dollars, only three people remain standing. Elyse, another woman, and Ryan’s stalker who decided to show up in Texas.

“Do I hear five hundred and fifty?” Brendan points at a woman all the way at the back, seeing her sign.

“One thousand dollars,” she shouts out.

“Woah! A thousand dollars? Never knew you’re worth that much, Lochte,” Brendan jokes. “Do I hear a thousand and one?”

“One thousand five hundred dollars.” Another voice calls out.

Elyse’s eyes open widely, not knowing what to do, she didn’t want to spend more than a thousand dollars on Ryan even though it would be his money that she would be using. She looks over at the voice and it’s Ryan’s stalker.

“Two thousand dollars,” Elyse calls out surprising everyone at their table.

“Two thousand,” Brendan points at Elyse, trying to hide his shock at her bid. “Are we going higher ladies?”

“Five thousand dollars.” The third woman calls out, surprising everyone. They never thought people would spend so much money on an auction like this. These women must really want to have dinner with Ryan or whatever he decides.

Ryan squint his eyes to try and see who else is bidding for him. He only gave Elyse two thousand dollars to bid on him, just in case. For this auction, you would have to pay as soon as you win.

Brendan looks over at Elyse, “going once,” hoping that she would have a counter bet, “twice,” but she didn’t. He hesitates for a moment before finally saying it, “sold.”

Elyse looks over at Ryan, giving him an apologetic look. Ryan looks at Elyse, not being able to see her face, but he sees the woman who won making her way towards the stage, as soon as the spotlight hits her, Ryan’s breathe is knocked out of his lungs. It couldn’t be, she left him all those years ago, no explanation whatsoever, and here she is, making her way towards him.

Elyse looks over to where the spotlight is focused and her breath is taken away as well. She couldn’t believe it. Not in a million years would she think this woman would come back. She made it very clear that she wouldn’t be coming back anymore, that she was done with Ryan and coming in second after swimming.

“Avery,” Ryan whispers her name, feeling the ache of her actions coming back to him.

Avery, Ryan’s ex-girlfriend won him in the auction and that’s something Elyse couldn’t stand to watch. She stands up, walking out of the hall, Amelia following after her along with Michael Phelps.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHH! I know it took me so long to update, but real life got in the way, sorry! But thank you for still being here. I really appreciate the support and I hope you guys like this new chapter. It's short, I know, but it's an essential chapter. We're going steadily along so things are going to get better from here, depends on your definition of better. Thank you for the support again, I love you all! Hopefully the next update won't take long because I'm writing it as I'm updating now. :D