Status: Updated regularly.

Mistakes.

Fresh Start.

"Have fun darling!" my mother called as I left the house without giving her time to check my outfit. 

"Hi dad" I smiled as I walked down the drive and spotted a balding man. 

"Have fun Big T" he smiled at me and ruffled my hair as I hugged him. 

"Go to a school full of tall, tanned Arizonan's and not get bullied for being who I am? I don't think anybody around here has good music taste!" I laughed "Our neighbours were blasting Nicki Minaj!"

"Try and make friends? For me?" he asked. I gave him a nod and jumped into the drivers seat of a green campervan. It was only a 10 minute drive from my house to the school, but since I was used to right hand drive cars it took me closer to 20 with the amount of near crashes and stalling the car. 

Then when I did arrive good lord! The task of finding a parking space was immense, when I did find one I parked and hopped out, my old campervan standing out next to all the flashy little sports cars around it. I sighed as I realised it was a pretty good metaphor for myself. Me and my campervan were both slightly too imperfect for this perfect, preppy school. The girls wearing their tiny bandeaux tops and booty shorts with high heels, immaculate hair and orange faces so bright it hurt my eyes  Who the hell wears heels for school?Then here was me.  I was wearing a Ryan Adams baseball shirt, long denim shorts and slip on checker board vans with a 'worn effect' denim rucksack. 

Hold your head high I told myself as I searched for the office. I hated when I found out I'd have to move here to Arizona.

"Tilly May?" my mother had called as I walked in "Can we have a word?" I cautiously followed her voice into the lounge to spot her and my father looking very guilty "Darling, your dad has a very good opportunity here, and I don't know how to tell you this, but we're moving to America!"
That was when my life went downhill. 

I spotted a big sign as I flashed out of my daze that read 'principals office' so after a few dumbfound seconds where I stood staring I decided to follow the arrows.

"Do you need some help?" I heard a deep, gruff voice ask behind me. I turned to spot a timid boy with quite long brown hair. I shook my head and cursed myself for being shy

"No I'm fine, I was looking for the headmaster but I've spotted the arrow" I smiled slightly.

"Principal?" he corrected with a slight laugh and I nodded. "You're British?" he asked. I nodded my head again.

"Born and raised. I'm English, well a half Scottish" I shrugged "Hence the eyes and hair." I noticed the boys eyes flick to my blue ones and then to my dirty blonde hair. 

"Most girls around here would die for those eyes!" he smiled and I blushed "I may as well show you where to go" he turned to the red head behind him "I'll see ya' in class Jared" the boy nodded and trotted away to catch up with some of his other friends. "I'm John by the way"

"I'm Tilly" I smiled up at his out of my piercing eyes, and up it was since he was a good foot taller than me "are you a Senior then?" I asked him.

"Yup" he nodded enthusiastically "What grade are you in?"

"Despite looking like a 12 year old!" I laughed "I'm also 17, 18 this school year, so senior too, I was going to go to college then university, I had it all planned out since I was 11! Then my mum dropped this bomb," my eyebrows furrowed together slightly.  Me and John both walked along in silence for a few moments before he smiled at somebody in the hallway and looked down at me.

"You picked the wrong day to wear a Ryan Adams shirt! You better hide behind me, not that it's difficult" he laughed as he compared his large yet slim frame to my tiny and slender one as he stepped forwards to meet the guy.
 
"Garrett!" John smiled to the guy and brought him into a man hug as I stood awkwardly beside him. 

"Ryan Adams?" the boy who I assumed was Garrett pointed at me and I nodded meekly. 

"Erm, Gary, you can talk to her later, but I'm pretty sure you'll be late for homeroom as it is so run! I gotta take her to the principal" John explained. 

"M'kay" Garrett muttered "See you at lunch then John?" John nodded and we walked off again. 

"He's such a fanboy" John muttered to me and stopped outside a door "In here then" he smiled. 

"Thanks" I hoisted my backpack further onto one shoulder. "Cya later then John?"
"Yeah, I'll see ya'" he smiled and strode off down the hallway. I watched him go before slipping through the open doorway and into the offices. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Edit : 20/08/12 10:53
Formatting changed.