Status: Updated regularly.

Mistakes.

Animals of the party.

I pushed Scooby back into the door of my house as I stepped out and locked it. I slipped my keys  into the pockets of my brown high waisted shorts and twirled my straight hair around my finger. It had got a lot lighter recently. I set off to the end of my drive and glanced down the street. 

There I saw my best friend of a year and one month. 

"Hi John" I smiled through the darkness as his familiar face drew closer. We had gotten very close very quickly when I first moved over. So close that I applied for ASU with him. 

"Hello darlin' " he smiled at me and brought me close to his chest in a hug. "You ready?" I nodded. 

"Tim's house right?" I asked as we set off down the street. John nodded and we made mindless small talk as we walked to Tim's house. 

We were headed to yet another party and one good thing about Arizona was that these boys knew how to party. Upon arrival I noticed that not many people had arrived, but I did recall John volunteering us to help set up. 

"Hey Tim" he greeted the slightly shorter man and I smiled before muttering my hello, then we headed to the kitchen to pull bottles out of the fridge. 

Quarter of an hour later John and I were sat with a beer each as John played a few notes on an acoustic guitar and sung Travis from alive in wild paint to me. 

"Wait John" Tim stepped forwards with a huge grin on his face "your sick! Do you want to audition to be in a band!?"

"Why not? I'll give it a go!" John laughed. The two of them had already started drinking so I wasn't even sure if the two of them would remember this agreement in the morning. Countless alcoholic beverages later and at a time when the moon was lowering itself in the sky people began to leave. When there was just five of us left John dropped onto the wide sofa and pulled me into his arms. I could smell the cigarettes and alcohol on his breath, but I didn't care. I just wanted to sleep for a week. 

[c]***[/c]

"Ugh" I rolled out of what I thought was my bed and rolled onto the floor, "Ouch" I complained as I stood up and last nights events flooded back. I tried to distinguish if the banging was in my head or at the door, so stood up and strolled over to open it.
 
"Will you turn that racket down!?" An unfamiliar man screamed at me. 

"Huh?" I muttered and looked behind him recognising the old lady who lived nearby. 

"The music!? Christ!" the man yelled. "Stoned" he muttered to himself and shook his head. 

"Actually. No!" I screamed back before lowering my tone. "Not stoned, just hungover. Hungover and fed up of this bullshit" I slammed the door and walked over to the iPod dock. I turned the music down, but was tempted to turn it up, then wandered into the kitchen and grabbed some fresh orange juice. I sat sipping my juice and trying to remember the night before. Shots. Beer. Kissing. Ew. I washed my mouth out in the sink as I remembered the guy I had kissed. He was hot, yes, but a total jerk. I just hoped that he was more drunk than me last night. 

"Tils?" came John's strained whisper as he searched the house and stumbled into the kitchen. I walked over an hugged him, my head fitting right against his chest as I breathed his scent deeply.