Status: New story! Bear with me :D

When You Come Around

Are You Guys Dating?

The dinner went like a blur, people laughing, talking, clinking their wine glass, they were having fun. I was having fun.

“Hey, are you okay?” Sebastian nudged me, yanking me from my thoughts
“Yeah, I’m fine…” I paused “… there’s that question again” I looked up to him, referring to the question the paparazzi shot us, “are you guys dating”… He looked down and fiddles with his hands, somehow the subject of dating is very sensitive for Sebastian, and for some reason he’s being really defensive and angry whenever I ask him about it.

“I know, I’m sorry but I don’t wanna talk about it right now Brie, you now I don’t like to talk about it” He sighed and run his fingers through his hair, making it messier than before

“I know you don’t like to talk about it but I have no idea why… You don’t trust me Seb?” I know I was playing with fire by asking this question, but I really need to know.

This has been going on since the first week I joined the team, I know Sebastian’s got a girlfriend, Hanna Prater. She’s Sebastian’s girlfriend since they were in high school. But unlike Jenson, Mark or Lewis, Sebastian never allows Hanna to come to any of his races and he never said her name or talks about her to anyone. And I do mean anyone, not even his teammates! On some occasion I can hear they argue on the phone and most of the time it was because Hanna is tired of being kept in the dark. Well, if I were Hanna I would feel the same thing.

“You know its not that I do trust you, I just don’t wanna talk about it now…”
“Well alright then, you know where to find me when you wanna talk about it” I shot him a sincere smile and went back to chat with the team.

After dinner was finished, we all went back to our rooms to get some rest before tomorrow’s first track visit. I was waiting for the elevator with some of the pit crew when Sebastian patted me on the shoulder.

“What’s up?”

“Do you wanna take a walk?” Shit! Is he going talk about our discussion earlier?

“Sure”

He walks towards the hotel lobby entrance and walked into the jogging path, I followed him, not saying a single word.

“I care about her, you know?” He said looking straight upfront, holy cow he is going to talk about it! I didn’t say anything, not wanting to distract him.

“She’s blonde, tall, beautiful… I’m sure she’s the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I really do care about her, probably more than I should have but… I really do care; I love her. But what I love the most is her patience, her trust and her unconditional caring, I spend more time with the mechanics than with her in a year, but even with that she would still be there whenever I came home, she would always be the same even though we hardly see each other. She’s still the Hanna I know 7 years ago. I know I’m a jerk for acting to the world that she doesn’t exist, but I just don’t want her to get hurt…” He looked down to me; his eyes are watery.

“What do you mean?”

He sighed, contemplating whether to tell me or not.

“You know 4 years ago there’s this rumor of Jenson and his girlfriend’s break up?” I nod; I know that because it was plastered on every tabloid and gossip magazine in the entire world, Jenson and Jennifer’s break up was the hot story of the summer.

“It wasn’t because Jenson was cheating on her, she was threatened by Jenson’s fan”
I gasped in shock, all this time I see Jenson as this asshole that cheated on his girlfriend for 3 years for some Brazilian model, but threatened? This is new.

“Threatened? What do you mean? Like death threats?” I asked him, quietly

“Yep, she was followed, threatened, her car was vandalized, and her house was vandalized… It was just sad and terrifying, I remembered the look on her face when she told Jenson; she was devastated.

He stopped and turned to me.

“What I’m doing isn’t because I am ashamed of her or I want to look single so I can hook up with other girls, no. I’m doing this to keep her safe and to keep her all mine, I can’t bear to think if something like that happens to her, I wont be able to live with myself”

“Did you tell her that?

He shook his head

“Maybe you should explain what you explained to me, she would definitely get why you’re being… what you’re being”

“I’m afraid she’ll leave me if I told her what happened to Jenson’s ex, it’s not something that you can discuss over pizza. I have to talk to her face to face, and I can’t just go home”

“Well, wait for the next break and then tell her. I’m sure she’ll be glad to know what’s bugging you”

“Yeah, I think I’ll do that, now I can’t wait for this race to be over so I can go home and tell her all this

He paused

“Thank you, Brie, and I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this earlier” He hugged me and kiss the top of my head, I just nod in response.

“Let’s head back, shall we?” He said and we both head back, now feeling a lot lighter, Sebastian started to joke around and talked about the upcoming race.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for not updating quickly, I was having my university orientation for a week! It was a busy week but here it is now! Please feedbacks are very much appreciated