Status: New story! Bear with me :D

When You Come Around

You're Going To Be Fine

“Miss, we’re here” I felt a tap on my knee, the security that was posted in my car woke me up, I rubbed my eyes and gather all my belongings and open the door, just to find a gazillion paparazzi swarming the hotel lobby. Oh great!

“Briana! How was the qualifying?”

I put up two thumbs up as if saying that it went awesome, which is true, since I’ll be starting pole position tomorrow. My first pole position!

“Where’s Sebastian? Aren’t you together?” shouted the other photographer

I just shrug in response to that question as the security scurries me inside the hotel. I breathe a sigh of relief since they’re not allowed inside the hotel. I looked around and found Sebastian standing in front of the elevator with Jean and Christian, I skip my way to the three of them.

“Hey, it’s wild out there huh?” Jean asked concerned

“Yeah, but I’m getting the hang of things… Just a bit scared, that’s all” I smiled and he smiled back. When the elevator reaches the lobby, we all pile up inside and the awkward silence filled the air. Sebastian and I said goodbye to jean and Christian when we reached their level and continued the awkward journey to the 21st floor. I pretended to check my phone and browse through my twitter but that doesn’t seem to be working, and for some reason the elevator journey is excruciatingly long.

“Well… This is awkward” I looked up from my phone and found Sebastian smirking from the other side of the elevator

“Hah! You can say that again, I thought this was never going to end” and as cued, the elevator reaches the 21st floor.

“You tired yet?” he asked suddenly as we got out form the elevator

“Not really, why?”

“Let’s stay in and order pizza, what do you say?” he said as he lean back against his suite door

“Alright, your room, mine needs some extensive cleaning before anyone can come inside” He laughed and lets me into his suite

There are only three suites per floor and the third suite is vacant so there’s basically only the two of us in this floor, it’s nice knowing that people can’t just go up and ‘invade our privacy’. I went into his suite and it is surprisingly clean! His clothes are perfectly hung in the closet; his bed is already made up, no left over food on the counter. The total opposite of my room!

“What?” he smirked

“Your room is… creepily clean. The total opposite of mine” I laughed and proceed into his living room, plopping myself on his couch and open the room service menu

“What are we having tonight? Besides pizza?” I asked him

“I want burger, maybe pasta or Japanese. Damn I’m starving!”

“Alright, I’ll order, can you pick a movie?” the room has this movie menu that we can rent for 2 days, from horror to chick flicks, they have the best movie selections!

He nodded and begun flicking through the menu selection on TV, after half an hour of contemplating, we both finally agreed on The Expendables 2. Our food arrives shortly after the movie starts and we both start gobbling our food without question. We talked about our racing strategies and about tomorrow, I told him I was nervous for tomorrow’s start because I’m starting pole position and Sebastian is starting third on the grid, I also told him about my engine problem and how petrified I am that it would result an accident.

“It’s going to be fine Brie, we have the best mechanics and crews in the whole history of racing! Nothing is going to happen to you, if it makes you feel better, just… pray” he smiled and I know he means it. He knows that I’m a pretty religious person and he respects it.

“Yeah, it’s just nerve-wrecking! I have never feared racing in my entire life, shit” I leaned back to the couch and let out a long sigh, none of us is actually paying attention to the movie by now. I look at my watch, it’s only 7 PM, but I’m already tired as hell. I can’t even think about waking up 7 am tomorrow and do the press conference for the Red Bull team.

“You tired?”

I stifled a yawn and nod

“You wanna go back to your room?” he asked again

I shook my head, pointing to the TV, telling him I still want to watch the movie, although the real reason was just I don’t want to be alone while battling with the negative thoughts in my head

He laughed and pats my head. “Alright, stay here I want to take a shower”

I nod in response and continue watching the movie. Not realizing that I was falling asleep, fast.