Status: In Progress~

Concerning the Young Man in the Woods...

Colored Pencils and Oddities of Sorts

Chapter 3
Colored Pencils and Oddities of Sorts

April 13

Some police officers came by today, asking if I had seen any missing people. They showed me some sketches of what they were described to look like; but, I didn’t recognize any of them (save one that bared a slight resemblance to Feliciano but, trust me, it must’ve been someone else, or…does Feliciano have a brother? I’ll ask him later…)

Apparently, they were pretty important people though, as the officers asked me again and again if I was absolutely sure that I hadn’t seen any of them. I simply shook my head and wished them luck but, they still handed me some copies of the sketches and told me to keep an eye out.

I just set them on top of a random bookshelf, not entirely sure what to make of the situation. I mean, yes, I’m worried; it’s a troublesome situation whenever someone goes missing, no matter what but, exactly why are these people so important? The last time someone went missing, they simply posted flyers around the neighborhoods and such, why are they going door-to-door now?

Later on though, Feliciano managed to catch sight of them, and promptly asked me where I found the sketches. I told him that some people went missing, apparently, and that the police are going around, trying to find out if anyone had seen them. Of course, I had noticed his eyes widen slightly as he went over the sketches and, I asked him if he knew any of them. Then, for one, lovely moment, I, Agatha Jane Blake, had managed to catch someone hesitate on an important question (something that I am not at all that good at, as you know, Journal). That said, he seemed to start to say one thing before shaking his head and saying “No, I don’t know them.” He paused for a second before adding “but…do you mind if I take these?”

Although I wasn’t exactly sure, why Feliciano would want the sketches if he, apparently “didn’t know” the people that were drawn, I went ahead and let him. After all, it’s not hurting anything, right?

. . .

April 14

Nothing of major importance really happened today. Perfectly normal, really…



Save for the fact that, for some reason, I can’t seem to find my old colored pencils anywhere…and Feliciano says he hasn’t seen them. It’s kind of a bummer…for some reason, I wanted to doodle in my writing note-book a bit today. I’ll look for them more tomorrow, once I’m done with everything else, of course.

April 17

I’ve noticed that Feliciano seems to be a little less melancholic as of late (and he has been talking in his sleep less and less, good for me), which is a nice change. Of course, I credit this to Florina and her excellent skills as a therapist or whatever! Thank God for her! However, it’s just a small step forward, as, according to Florina, he’s still not opening up about the incident; that is, he’s a bit more open about himself and such but, not about what happened (which, also according to Florina, is not at all that unusual).

But, moving on, I also decided to straighten up the house a little, while the “therapy session” was going on. And, lo and behold, I finally found my colored pencils! They were in Feliciano’s room the whole time (cheeky boy, he lied to me! But, it wasn’t malicious, I guess…)! Of course, I was a bit mad that he had lied…until I saw what they were being used for…then I was just confused…

I managed to find the stack of sketches from earlier on a desk in the room (the same desk where the pencils were, for your information, Journal) and, I noticed that half of them had been carefully colored in. At that point, I was just jealous of the fact that Feliciano is way better than me at working with colored pencils (oh, what am I saying, I can only draw stick figures!) but, then I realized something. Had Feliciano lied about not knowing these people? Why was he coloring the sketches in? I don’t know, Journal, but, isn’t it a bit odd?

Still though, I’ll be sure to sneak in some other time to see if he’s completed them…



Don’t judge me, Journal, I’m just curious, that’s all! Besides, you didn’t see them so, you have no right to judge! Hm…either way, I’ll be sure to describe them here once they’re finished.

. . .

April 18

Today, I managed to sneak a peek at Feliciano while he was working on the sketches. What? I had never watched an artist work before, so don’t judge me, Journal! Anyway, he looked so focus, like he was trying to remember something or…something…

I wonder why he’s putting so much into those drawings…I mean, it’s strange and, if he really doesn’t know them, a bit concerning. However, I chickened out and didn’t confront him on it. And, yes, Journal, you can judge me for that one.

I haven’t told Florina about it either, maybe I should; it might be important, after all. Either that or, he has a hobby and it has absolutely nothing to do with anything…either way, really.

The good news though, is that he seems to be almost done with them so, I’ll sneak in and take a look tomorrow. And, yes, Journal, I have no shame.

. . .

April 20

I finally managed to sneak in and get a look at the drawings! And, I must say, Journal, they were quite lovely when finished~

I’ll give it to Feliciano, he’s pretty good with this sort of thing. I mean, the colors looked great! My favorite parts were the eyes; they seemed so…alive, to put it simply. Which reminds me, Journal, I was going to describe them to you, wasn’t I? I’ll just be quick about it.

An innocent-looking young man with violet eyes, and silvery-blonde hair, wearing a scarf.

A…very feminine man? With long dark hair and brown eyes (honestly, I couldn’t tell if ze was a man or a woman, like I said, very feminine but…I have no idea)

A suave-looking man with wavy blonde hair, dark blue eyes, and chin scruff

A bold-looking young man with bright blue eyes, blonde hair with a weird cowlick, and glasses

A similar looking young man with wavy blonde hair with a strange curly-q cowlick thing, indigo eyes, and glasses (the two seemed to be related somehow…)

A serious looking man with spiky blonde hair, venomous green eyes, and the largest eyebrows I had seen in my entire life. I mean, seriously. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear that they were caterpillars that got stuck to his face!

A somber-looking young man with dark hair, and dull, brownish eyes

A cheerful-looking man with messy brown hair and warm green eyes

A brash-seeming man with white hair and blood red eyes, an albino, no doubt

A serious-looking young man with blonde hair and icy blue eyes; he seemed to have something similar to Feliciano’s medal-thing…

And, finally, the young man who seemed similar to Feliciano, colored in with darker hair with a curl sticking out to the right, and hazel eyes.

It totaled to eleven drawings, all of which, like I said before, were all pretty good. Still though, I wonder why he went and filled in the color. Was he just bored? I don’t know, Journal, it’s just bugging me. And, to add to that, for some reason, I feel that they’ll come important later…I don’t know why but…it’s just a feeling…who knows?

April 25

Florina seems to be growing worried about something. I asked her if it was something to do with the case but, strange enough, for once, she didn’t want to talk. Can you believe it, Journal? Florina, of all people, is so bugged with something that she can’t talk about it! Sheesh! I mean, I’d press her about it but, this is serious business, Journal!

I mean, in all the years I’ve known her, Florina has just been this cheerful, crazy person who just happens to be pretty darned smart under it all. And, as you know, Journal, she is a chatterbox! It’s very much out of her character to be so quiet about something…

I know that I complain about her talking too much but, with all that’s going on, Journal, I can’t help but worry…

Still though, I have this nagging feeling that she knows something that I don’t…gah…if this were a book, I’m sure that the readers would feel that’s it’s a stupid deus ex machina or something that’d she’d be involved or whatever…or…would they? I don’t know, I haven’t finished my book yet…and by that, Journal, I mean that I haven’t figured out what to write about yet…it’s really bumming me out. However, I’m sure that inspiration will hit me one day…yep…it’ll just come like a train out of nowhere and hit me…or be like some guy bleeding to death who I just happen to find in the middle of the forest, and who ends up having to live with me (why does that sound like a rom com tag-line of sorts?)…

Which reminds me, there’s still a lot of unanswered questions, right, Journal? Well, don’t ask me, I have no idea. Nope, none at all. I’m at a loss. Really though, Journal, it’s all very odd, isn’t it? I mean, it’s like I’ve landed in the middle of someone’s first draft of a screenplay! However, I’m sure that it’s one of those where, with a little-no, make that a lot of tweaking, it could be at the very least, nominated for an award of sorts. A positive one, mind you, I’d hate to be in a movie that was “awarded” a Razzie…

But, I’m just getting off track, aren’t I? The point is, this is weird. I’ve known that for awhile now. How long has it been? That’s right, it’s been around a month and things are still weird! Well, I guess it can’t move too quickly, ya know? Then again…I guess things have been a more…normal sort of weird. Like, the weird is still there but, it’s starting to kind of dissolve into normal quirkiness…something like that; I don't know how to describe it, really...

You know what? I’m tired and rambling. The point is, I’m worried about Florina, I feel like I’m in a screenplay, and my life has basically gotten weird. Who knows what’ll happen from this point on? Don’t ask me, Journal, I don’t know…

. . .

April 26

I think there’s a weirdness bug going around. Florina still won’t talk to me, and Feliciano’s been acting a little odder than usual too. I mean…wait…maybe he just has a cold or something…he has been looking a little pale…

Which, is weird because he seemed perfectly healthy (physically) a few days ago, and he told me that he was fine (which, I believe might be another dirty lie, personally). Still though…I can’t help but feel like something is…off. I don’t know, Journal...I just don’t get it. Then again, I’ve been saying that a lot lately, haven’t I? sigh…what am I going to do, Journal?

Well, the obvious answer would be to take him to the doctor but, there’s been…quite a crowd lately. Oh, I forgot to mention, Journal, there have been suspicious reports coming in from hospitals and the like. That is, people are getting sick…a lot. Professionals have been saying that symptoms are similar to fevers, sometimes worse. Apparently, it’s a world-wide thing too so…yeah, saying I’m concerned is the understatement of the century.

They’ve also been saying that, if anyone has any symptoms similar to what’s being described then, you should get them to a doctor ASAP. Yeah…I’m going to play it safe and wait a day, see if he feels any better, ya know? I’m sure it’ll be fine…right?

. . .

April 27

Okay, I’m taking him tomorrow. It’s official.

Why is it official, Journal? Well, Feliciano is pale as a ghost, coughing, cold at one point, and burning up at another. I swear, why didn’t I take him yesterday?! …because I’m a complete idiot, that’s why! God, what was I thinking?! Well, it’s too late to take him now, and, when I called up the doctor’s office, they said they were busy checking people for symptoms of the “epidemic” (as Florina calls it).

Speaking of Florina, due to Feliciano being sick, she didn’t come today…



Or, at least she wouldn’t have come if she had any common sense but, she came. She still came for the “appointment” despite me telling her again, and again, and again, that Feliciano wasn’t feeling well and I had confined him to his room for rest but, like I said before, she showed up anyway. One does not simply tell Florina that she can’t see a “patient” (God, what is wrong with her? And, more importantly, why do I still hang out with her?!).

And, in case you’re wondering, Journal; no, there’s nothing really new. And, no, she still hasn’t been told about the sketches. Looking back on it though, I probably should’ve brought it up. But, I was just a little occupied with trying to figure out how to get her to leave (by the way, all plans I tried failed…miserably).

Still, I’ll tell her about it tomorrow...probably…

Yeah…yeah I’m going to tell her tomorrow, first thing! But, first, I need to make a note to myself to buy cough syrup, Feliciano’s really making a rac
. . .

. . .

Publisher’s note:

The previous entry was not edited in any way. We asked Ms. Blake if she would want to finish the entry but, she refused, saying that it would “damage the integrity”. Of course, in case you were wondering, dear reader, the journal entry in question had a long pencil strike, as if it were still writing and then dragged and dropped in a hurry, and there was quite a bit of blood splattered on either side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like the "cliff-hanger"! I'm sure that it would be more of a cliff-hanger if it wasn't implied that AJ was still alive in the prologue. Darn...I should've changed that! Not about the alive thing but, just some detaling to make this a bit more dramatic, hahaha!

Either way, I thank everyone who's been commenting and I give a very, very special thank you to my subscribers~! Thanks, guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter~