Status: In Progress~

Concerning the Young Man in the Woods...

The Cuckoo-lander was Right

May 15

First off, Journal, one simple thing…

It’s official. My life has become a sci-fi film.

I know it was official before but, now it’s even more official, you know? Bleh…at least I got a little bit of clarification on this whole matter.

So, as was said before, I was secretly hoping that I would be able to get more information from the next “attack” (I am a horrible, horrible person…), and, wouldn’t you know it? I got it.

To clarify, Journal, I was out and about, when I got a phone call. Now, I have a feeling you know very well where this is heading, Journal and, yes, you’re right. I would like to transcribe most of it here for you…

“*COUGH HACK* p-ple *HACK COUGH HACK*”

“Oh, God, I’ll be right there, hold on!”

“*HACK COUGH* *phone dropping* BEEEEEEEEEEP”

It was the shortest conversation I had ever had on a phone…well, save for that one political thing…

“Are you voting for our candidate?”

“No *hang up*”

Of course, I do that with just about every spam call; telemarketers, campaigners, fake credit card checkers…the like.

But, that’s beside the point. I know it sounds like I didn’t care but, trust me, Journal, I did. I mean, ya know there’s always that chance that he could, oh, I don’t know, die, from whatever was happening and, of course, as his care-taker, I’m supposed to prevent that. Also, Florina and John are very invested in this case and, I don’t want either of them feeling guilty about “not being able to do as much” or something. Or, worse, I have to face Florina’s wrath…you know what that entails, Journal…it’s not pretty…

Moving on to when I got back home, the same thing had happened…except on the carpet…

(Oh, it’s gonna take forever to clean! I’m going to have to call an official cleaning person, have to explain why there’s blood on my carpet…or, I could cover it up with a rug…yeah…that works…)

But, anyway, the point is, when I got home, I was greeted by a “split personality”.

This time, it was this rather soft-spoken fellow, Matthew, as I would soon learn (but, we’ll get to that later).

“Um…oh…you’re back…we’re sorry about the trouble but…”

And, that was quickly interrupted by Alfred “Crap, she’s back!”

Arthur “No, really? I didn’t notice! We have to go through this all over again, I assume?”

We did, Journal. It was the same situation, all over again.

Go to the table. “Do you have any tea?” “Forget the tea, do you have any booze?” And, WHAT ARE YOU?!

Of course, this time, they found my gun…and learned that it was unloaded the whole time “Really?” said Alfred “Aren’t you worried that you won’t have any protection? Ya know, since you’re living by yourself and all…”

Which was quickly interrupted by Arthur “Don’t start your practical split-personality politics now, this is important!”

…I honestly have nothing to say to that…go crazy, Journal…

Anyway, so, we were there, at the table, and after brief introductions, and an awkward silence for a moment, Arthur began, saying “So…I assume that, by now, you realize that we aren’t exactly…”

“Human?” I interjected “Well, saying as you seem to be possessing my guest, I can only assume as much…unless you are all split personalities or I’m hallucinating or something.”

I was feeling so clever from that…

But, while I was, in all truth, scared out of my wits from the situation, my (damnable) curiosity just begged me to ask as many questions as I could.

“Well, here’s the thing. It’s a bit hard to explain but-”

He was cut off by Gilbert

“Cut the formalities, Arthur, we don’t have time for them. Anyway, we’re countries!” he said, proudly. Well, with an ego the size of an entire country, I guess it makes sense, in a way that he was one...was…since, ya know…Prussia’s kind of non-existent now (“Do you have to remind me?” he had said when I brought this up).

Of course, me being well, me, and not someone more open-minded (like Florina…wait…she was right! There really are personified nations! Well, shoot…what else is she right about…?), I didn’t exactly believe this…at first.

But, with all of the evidence piled up for it, I eventually accepted that this was really happening, and that I was not crazy. And, trust me, Journal, it took a lot of evidence to convince me. In fact, it took so much that I’m not really going to relay it here, it would take up too much space, even though it happened in only…five minutes, or so. After that though, they filled me in on their little “situation”.

“At first, we had all gone together, it was Alfred-san’s idea but, as we eventually learned, Feliciano-kun had first heard of the place, and then related it to the former” Kiku (the nation of Japan) began simply, before switching over to Yao (the nation of China, who, yes, Journal, is actually a guy. You could’ve fooled me.)

“We separated to explore but, soon after, we realized that the door was locked, aru. So, we couldn’t get out. Worse though, was that we had found a monster wandering the house…and everything took a turn for the worst from there.” (oh, yeah, the ‘aru’ thing…it’s a verbal tic, apparently).

Switched to Lovino (Southern Italy) “My brother-”

I cut him off “Wait…so…Feliciano’s a nation too?”

“You couldn’t figure that out already? You’re even more thick-headed than Veneziano…”

Quickly switched to Antonio (Spain), “Lovi, be polite! I know you’re worried but, we need to stay optimistic!”

After a brief squabble between those two, Lovino continued “Anyway, my brother was the last left of a brutal massacre. Antonio and I were not aware of this at the time but, I remember feeling that something was off…”

This statement was continued by Francis (France…which makes too much sense) “And, we learned that our little Italy had become a time traveler, in order to save us. But…” he paused for a moment, most likely trying to think of how best to say the following “even if he was successful, it would’ve cost his life.”

By this point, the story started getting very lengthy…so, I’ll just sum it up. Feliciano made a deal with the whatever-the-hell-it-is/was to go back in time to save his friends, but, at the expense of his death. Okay, that’s easy to understand. But, due to one thing or another, he kept failing, kept going back, nearly cracked from the overflow of extraneous memories (some of which were traded over to Lovino, which is how he and Antonio found them), died in one “loop” (a particularly difficult subject for Ludwig, who represents Germany, to discuss, for one reason or another; I may be curious, Journal but, even I know when I shouldn’t press questions!), and then Arthur figured out how to travel through time (via some “magic” of sorts), and, I’m on a run-on sentence so, let me take a breath. *gasp*. Okay, anyway, Journal, so, before that, the others were figuring out about the other loops through breaking clocks and stuff, they had to fight off the monster a few times, eventually, they found another exit, but, the ladder had broken (ain’t the universe a b****?), so only Lovino and Antonio could help them out. However, there were other nations outside too, trying to find another way in. I assumed they were successful in the endeavor…for a bit.

Are you confused, Journal? Yeah, I know the feeling…

Anyway, so, they found out something about traveling through time and visiting other loops to find the key, or something, so they gave themselves “human names” as both a sign that they were from the same loop, and as a promise that they would all get out alive (aww…that’s really heartwarming…or, at least it’d be more so, had it not been an absolute tragedy up to that point). Moving on though, apparently, there was some deal about a temporary cardiac arrest, Yao and Ivan in the annex, and Arthur going blind at one point (a few times, actually, or, so I heard), and then everything turned upside down from there…

Oh, and, also, apparently Matthew (Canada) was a piano at one point…

Moving on, apparently, the monster appeared when they were all together again, and massacred everyone, save for Feliciano.

Whoop-de-freakin’-doo.

Now, here’s where it gets a bit more complicated, Journal…

Arthur then went on to explain that, in one last burst of magic, he was able to perform some sort of spell (he wasn’t exactly sure which one, as he just shouted the first one that came to mind) that latched everyone’s soul to Feliciano, thus trapping them in his body…don’t ask me how it works, Journal, I have no idea. I assume it’s a bit like possession except not…just don’t quote me on that.

And, by a miracle, Feliciano had managed to escape the mansion, wounded, bleeding to death, and traumatized beyond belief, most likely, and, finally, slumped beneath a tree to die (“Of course, he couldn’t” Arthur had said “Whatever spell was making us mortal was lifted the moment he walked out. I assume you should know by now, we’re quick healers.”). Of course, thanks to me, he was saved from going back there and finishing himself off. So, yes, Journal, thanks to a mere coincidence, I have now gotten myself into a sci-fi flick.

Yeah…

So, anyway, Journal, once he had finished, Ivan (Russia), smiled, asking “So, you will help us, da?”

I paused for a moment “um…I’m not exactly sure how I could be of any help…”

Switch to Alfred (America, and, if I didn’t see it before…) “You just have to keep this whole thing under wraps, cool? Sure, two others know but, as long as they don’t talk, we’re pretty much good.” He said with a satisfied nod.

I shrugged “True…but, I have questions.”

Arthur (England but, Journal, that probably should’ve been obvious) nodded “Of course, ask away”

I probably should’ve asked about the mysterious illness goin’ around, how the spell works, if they think they’ll be able to get their bodies back…but, no, Journal. I did not ask any of those. Instead, I asked…

“Why didn’t you just break down the door?”

Awkward silence all around…

“I mean, if you’re story is true, which, by the things I’ve seen, I don’t doubt in the slightest, then you had weapons. Like, ya know guns, swords, a friggin’ axe. Why didn’t you just use those to break down the door?”

More awkward silence. There was a near constant switching in that time, it could be compared to someone coming up to a microphone to explain something, not being able to, and sending up the next person. Basically, I had stumped them.

But, seriously, Journal, how could they not just break down the door? Well, Arthur finally managed to come up with something plausible (for the situation, at least).

“…I think it may have been enchanted, so that the only way to get out would be the key…” he said thoughtfully.

Good enough for me!

And, before anything else could be said, the “connection” was lost, and I followed a similar procedure of how to deal with the “attacks” as they happened.

Of course, I didn’t tell Feliciano (no, Journal, I will not refer to them by nation names, it’s still too weird for me) about it, God knows what would’ve happened if I did, and, par the course, he was none the wiser. If he was able to “hack” the “connection”, then I think he’d spill, Journal. I honestly believe he would…at least, after a few drinks but, we’re not that desperate for information…yet.

That whiskey Dad sent last month might be of good use after all…

But, that’s beside the point.

Either way, I’m going to need to go talk with Florina and John, and give them the information. It might just be the single piece we need to complete this puzzle! And, from there…fixing the rest of this mess we’ve gotten ourselves into…

. . .

May 17

Well, shoot, Journal, would you just look at what I’ve gotten myself into? Seriously, over the last, what, three months, I have taken in a tenant, been in an incredibly confusing and awkward situation, have had at least two nervous break-downs, experienced sheer terror and shock induced by a “split personality”, had my floor bloodied up twice, learned that there were personified nations in the world, that my best friend pretty much knew this all along, and, oh, yeah, that’s right, said best friend is starting to get symptoms of the mysterious illness that I really should’ve asked about when I had the chance.

It’s been a very eventful...three months, hasn’t it?

I need to explain, I believe…

So, here’s how it all went down today, Journal.

I had planned on visiting Florina with the information yesterday but, she was busy with something or other, so I went to John instead. After what felt like forever of explaining, he finally believed me about the whole nations thing, and told me that he would go over the files again, to see if there was any connection.

So, I decided that, today, I would visit Florina…and I found her collapsed on the floor. Now, Journal, you know my response to when I come home to find someone I know bleeding on the floor, but, it’s a bit different when someone you’ve known for years has just collapsed (not bleeding, thankfully) and does not seem to be waking up any time soon. Not dead, of course, just out cold. Sorry, that wasn’t very clear, was it?

Well, the sounds of panic I made sure did the trick, and she woke up fine, explaining that she “wasn’t feeling well, and must’ve fainted, or something” and telling me to “not worry” but, Journal, I was not going to have any of that.

First of all, I told her what I had found out, to which she responded with a simple nod and an “of course” and, when I confronted her on knowing the truth of the situation or not, she responded “It was just a theory. And, besides, when I told you before, you didn’t believe me”

I then went on to describe to her what I had heard, and, her response was, believe it or not, the exact same as mine: “They had weapons? Why didn’t they just break down the door?”

I’m sorry, Journal, I know it was supposed to be some sort of “enchantment” but, seriously, they had an axe. A friggin’ AXE! Part of me feels that the whole situation would be much better if they tried to break down the door…

But, that’s beside the point.

Anyway, after I had finished my story, Florina was quiet for a moment, thinking it over, no doubt, before saying “we need to figure out how to fix this. Did you already call John?”

Of course, I told her that I did and, after a rather…interesting exchange detailing Florina’s “burning” question if he had asked me out or not (and, no, Journal, as you know, he most certainly did not) she told me that I would need to find out more, if I could, and that she would do more research.

It was at this point that I realized that, you know what, maybe Florina isn’t falling victim to that illness. I think she’s just sleep deprived, that’s all…yeah…that makes sense, Journal…sleep deprivation…she’ll be fine…eventually…

May 18

Remember yesterday, Journal? When I said that Florina was probably just sleep-deprived?

Yeah…

Hahahahaha, NOPE!!!

She collapsed again today, and we sent her over to the hospital. Now, with Florina being…Florina, she is incredibly stubborn, and hasn’t fallen into a coma or anything but, she’s in no condition to keep working on this case.

Needless to say, I’m freaked out. If we lose Florina, not only would I lose my best friend (for a temporary time, hopefully) but, we would also lose our primary source of information on this case! After all, she seems to know much more about this whole thing than she lets on, and, for that matter, she is still incredibly tight-lipped about exactly how much she knows! This is not helping at all, Journal!

As for things pertaining to the case itself, John is going over the medical files again, and I have yet to witness another “meeting” with the “ghosts in the machine”, if you will. Of course, what we need to figure out now is exactly how to get them back.

And no, Journal, I’m not going to question whether or not this story is true. Why? Simple. Because my life has already become so weird, that I can pretty much believe anything by this point. Tin foil hats protect you from aliens? Sure, why not? Atlantis is hidden in the bottom of the ocean? Let’s get a submarine down there! There’s a giant ape monster thing living in the woods of America? But, of course! I honestly don’t think my life can get any stranger than this…

May 21

Okay…well…I said it couldn’t get any stranger…

I refer you to Finagle’s Law, Journal.

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and in the worst possible way.

But, I’m getting ahead of myself.

Now, to begin, Journal, I had encountered the “ghosts in the machine” today, and it so happened that they had an idea. To be quick and precise, they basically said this.

“Tell him what’s going on.”

Well, I’m sure as hell not doing that! Why, Journal? It’s simple; I’m pretty damned sure that, if I were to tell Feliciano, he’d snap and fall into either A. a blue screen of death, or B. (God forbid), a fit of insanity, and kill me. But, what do I know? I’m not a psychologist, and I am not coming to Florina with this, not in her condition, at least.

So, I told them that and, to make a very long story very, very short, we argued (which, admittedly, was pretty weird, saying as, you know, eleven other people sharing a body) and, after many, many foreign cusses (and some not so foreign- that foul-mouthed Brit!), we finally calmed down, and discussed what the best plan of action would be.

Now, due to circumstances of me not wanting to tell Feliciano that he was being possessed by eleven other people, and, for that matter, he had to go back to, what I believed to be, an utter hell hole of a house, in order to get them out, there were some complicated problems to work out. For one: how would we get them back, if he didn’t know? We decided to skip that, and come back to it later, due to another important problem coming up.

If they did go back, and were able to get in and such…what would they do if the monster found them? They would be most vulnerable, sharing a body, and, saying as the “connection” seems to be lasting less and less, as time goes on, who says that Feliciano wouldn’t end up killed by that thing? He’d be completely unprepared, and the door would most likely be locked, making the others outside unable to get in.

But, that just brought up entire other questions.

“Guys…where did the others go?” I asked “I didn’t see anyone else, when I found Feliciano…”

There was a silence, before others began to question Arthur, since he knew the most about magic and such. Arthur paused, thinking for a moment, before answering a faint “I don’t know…”

Of course, I had no idea either and, while I have no idea who the “others” were, exactly, they seemed to be important to them so…yeah…

So, as far as things were, at this point, we had the following questions/problems:

Problem: we need to get back to the house, without Feliciano knowing/in control

Problem: the monster could kill him (and thus, all of them) while he was vulnerable

Question: Just where the hell are the others? Were they killed by the monster?

And, problem: Once we get in, we have to get out.

Things are not looking good, Journal…I’ll go as far as to say we have a zero-to-none chance of fixing this mess, at this point. I guess one option is that I get some people, and we go fight that thing but, you know what? I can barely shoot a gun, hardly hold a knife, and, I swear to Heaven above, I’m terrified of giant evil monster things (I mean, I haven’t met one but…you get the point).

So, I have no clue what to do, and they are generally screwed.

The universe is a b****
♠ ♠ ♠
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!
I'm so sorry it took so long TuT;
I was trying so hard to make it really good...I don't think it went very well though orz...
I'm sorry, if anyone is too OOC, I really tried but, it's hard, sometimes...

So, once again, I apologize if you don't like it, but, I do hope that you do at least enjoy it c: