Status: In Progress~

Concerning the Young Man in the Woods...

Lucky Cat, Lucky Cross

June 7

In an unexpected turn of events, I am more alive than I previously thought I would be! Isn’t that somethin’, Journal? I’m not only alive, but well! …for the most part…my leg’s broken…and so’s my arm…yeah…it’s hard to write…

Yeah…I think an explanation is due…

As you know, Journal, the last we spoke, I had decided to follow my completely damnable curiosity (and my worry) and chase after Feliciano, as he had gone off (like an idiot) to that house by himself. So, I drove over to that forest path and, flash-light in hand, I boldly (read: shaking slightly, and cussing out Feli with just about every curse I knew) ran off to find him.

When I had gotten to the top of the hill, where I first found the house, the first thing I noticed was that the gate was closed. Now, in my mind, this meant one of two things. One: Feli hadn’t gotten to the house yet. Or, two: he had just closed the gate behind him. Well, due to my (utterly damnable) curiosity, I just had to try and open the gates, and head inside.

Boy, was that stupid.

Anyway, as I walked through the gates, everything seemed to turn upside down, and inside out, before settling to (somewhat) normality again. Of course, if my common sense was working at the time, I would’ve run like hell out of there but, alas, it was not working properly, and I kept going.

It was odd though; the place seemed to be trapped in time. There were other people (whom I correctly assumed to be “the others” which had been mentioned before) frozen where they stood; all of them looked like they had been either running or fighting off something. Once again, had my common sense been working, I would’ve run like hell, at that point but, it was not, as you can probably tell, Journal.

As I continued closer to the house (damn my curiosity, damn my curiosity, damn my curiosity! I knew it would almost get me killed one day! Sheesh…it’s like that one time I wandered into some dark cave…don’t go into the cave, they said…it’s dark, you’ll fall and get hurt, they said…but, did I listen? Nooooooo…) my common sense finally began to kick in, and I thought “Hey, there’s no sign of that idiot, might as well get the hell out of Dodge, before something actually comes along!” and, I did just that. That is, I began to creep my way out of there, before hearing a slight growl (or some sort of sound) behind me.

I’m not proud of what happened there, Journal but, it really did happen, I need to acknowledge it…

I screamed like a horror movie heroine, ran for the gate, and was promptly grabbed by a giant, grey alien monster thing. That did not help matters at all! Needless to say, I was freaking out, as the thing seemed to be examining me, most likely trying to figure out if I would taste better fried, or baked, before realizing that raw would do nicely.

But, from information from the “ghosts” and, now personal experience, that thing likes playing with its food. To be specific, it sure liked to hear me scream, and nearly crushed me in its massive claws. Remember that broken arm and leg I mentioned earlier, Journal? Yeah…

So, anyway, there I was; screaming, wounded, terrified, and desperate for help. I would’ve taken any form of help by that point, really, but, of course, I called out for the one person I knew would be nearby.

“FELICIANO!!!” I screamed, as the thing squeezed me tighter. *CRACK* broken leg

“FELI!! HELP!!” *CRACK* broken arm

“ITALIAAAAAAAA!!!!” was the last, desperate cry, before that thing decided that it was done playing with “insignificant prey” (hey, when you’ve been eating nations, regular humans must taste like convenience store fare).

I’d like to say that my life flashed before my eyes but, really, I was just thinking “I am so screwed right now”, and braced myself for the end…







Well, of course I lived, Journal! How could I be writing this, if I didn’t? Seriously, can ghosts even write in journals? I guess it’s kind of anticlimactic to write about a near-death experience, when you know that the person is gonna be okay, in the end…I’ll have to remember that, for future reference.

But, I digress.

Of course, the end didn’t come, and, instead, something knocked that thing in the forehead, causing it to drop me. Now, Journal, things are a bit fuzzy from here, so, I’m gonna try and recollect it the best I can…

Um…okay, now, all I know for sure is that someone dragged me over somewhere, there was a bright flash of light, and that thing disappeared in a cloud of smoke. From that point, my head had cleared, and I was able to see what the aftermath was. Let me just put it this way, Journal, thank God for coincidence! Well, not really coincidence…apparently, Feliciano had taken a wrong turn somewhere (though, I have a feeling that’s a dirty lie), and had made it to the house right before that thing was about to eat me.

Great timing, right there…

Now, due to the time-stream being pretty much repaired, and such, the others slowly began to unfreeze. Of course, they would’ve freaked out, had they seen the strange girl who was being all buddy-buddy with one of their friends (and, trust me, they did, later, but, I’ll get to that) so, due to that (and my utter insistence), Feliciano helped me limp into the house, and see where the others had er…died? Honestly, it’s pretty weird to try and come up with a word for whatever that “spell” did…

But, that’s not the point, is it?

So, after having much difficulty with the stairs (hey, broken leg, remember?), I finally saw where everyone else was. Thankfully, despite it being months outside, time had only just begun to move inside, and the bodies were still intact (after all, coming back to skeletons or such is very…disheartening, to say the least). At this point, I decided that it was best to leave Feliciano alone, and sat down at a nearby table, silently watching.

Of course, while I sat there, I couldn’t help but feel an obvious question creeping up on me. How were the “ghosts” going to make it back to their bodies? Did Feliciano know? If he didn’t, then why did he come here? To save the others, perhaps? Well, while that was all well and good, I was still having trouble figuring it out (and, mind you, I still am). But, I wasn’t left to think about it for long, as, yet again, there was an “attack”; except, this time, it was worse than just about all the others.

Now, Journal, I won’t bore you with the details of how much I screamed and tried in vain to help as the blood spread to the floor, and Feliciano collapsed, and seemed to be dead (emphasis on seemed there, Journal, I was having a panic attack at the time, so details were not exactly very clear for me); instead, I’ll just get to what you want to know. There was a flash, of sorts (I was paying more attention to the bleeding at the ti-…whoa…déjà vu…) and…how to put this…?

In simple terms, the previously dead bodies were not so dead. In fact, at the moment, they were very much alive and well, and it was odd to hear the actual voices, and not just the accent (accents are mental then? Who knows…). Of course, the immediate reaction was to get Feliciano stable (coughing up enough blood to fill a few gallon bottles is generally not a good thing; but, I could be exaggerating on that measurement...a lot...). It was quite heartwarming, to see Feli’s reaction (even though he was totally out of it, from blood loss, most likely, and thought he was dead…) consisting of a rather slurred version of “Oh…whaddya know…I’m dead…that’s nice…” (like I said, totally out of it) before fainting.

While that was all well and good, the group nearly left me, and, after I so courteously reminded them (“I’VE FRACTURED MY F****** LEG YOU IDIOTS, I CAN’T WALK!!!), I ended up slung over Alfred’s shoulder (“It’s the duty of the hero to save the damsel in distress!” he had said…knight in shining armor, he is not). Now, to make a long, complicated series of questions very, very short, everyone else was very confused when we got out of there, and explanations took longer than I was happy with.

But, fast-forward a good hour or so, I end up here, in the hospital, with the cover story of “fell in a ditch”



That is the most legit cover story I’ve heard in my entire life.

Needless to say, they fell for it (or, did they? I guess they’re just going with it, for now) and so, here I am.

Isn’t that lovely, Journal? Thankfully, I was able to get John (ran out first, when he heard, bless his heart) to get you so, now I can record everything here.

Hopefully, I won’t be in here too long, and, when my parents find out, they won’t flip tables (ya know, saying as I haven’t been able to call them yet)…

June 9

Florina is alive!

Well, then again, of course she is, Journal, she’s practically made of iron!

All joking aside though, all the victims of this “illness” thing seem to be recovering

She’s says that she has a lot to tell me but, will explain later.

I dunno, Journal, if she was comatose the whole time, what would she have to tell? Maybe there’s something I’m missing here…

Anyways, my parents are coming over to see me in a day or two; hopefully, it’ll go well, and result in as little blood-shed as possible for all parties involved (not me, of course, but I fear for Feliciano’s safety, if they suspect him of anything…).

As for John, he visited today, told me how worried he was, and asked if I was doing alright, and such. I told him that I was fine, and that it was nothing to worry about (although, I guess being attacked by a supernatural entity is something to worry about, I was thinking more about the arm and leg…yeah, probably should’ve thought about what caused those to happen). I, in turn, asked him if he’d seen anything concerning our “patient” and anything related. At this, he happily told me that the “missing” signs were finally being taken down, and that the “epidemic” was now a medical curiosity, that scientists were working on ensuring that it never happened again.

Well, that’s good news, isn’t it, Journal? Although, I doubt that this situation will ever happen again, God willing.

But, besides those little bits, nothing very special happened today. It’s a bit odd, Journal, I feel like I’m at the end of a book; ya know, where, after the climax, everything starts to wind down, and all things are settled (or, at least, somewhat settled)? Yeah, kind of like that…

Weird…

June 10

Florina finally explained everything, Journal.

And, by everything, I mean everything.

Now, I can’t go into details, since some of that stuff is “classified” but, I can say this little tidbit of information.

She faked her “illness”

And, trust me, Journal, when she told me that, I was ready to strangle her.

After all, she scared me to death! And, of course, I gave her the mother of all “WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!” speeches, and, unsurprisingly, she explained it quite well.

Like I said before, most of the details are classified but, it has something to do with going under-cover or, something like that, and sending word about the house to Feliciano. That is, she snuck into my house the day he left, told him everything (“well, not everything” she had said “I couldn’t mention the little “possession” thing; it would’ve been too much to handle in that short amount of time”) and that it would be best if he wait ‘till I show up to go in. “Why?” you ask. Simple. Because Florina knows me too well, and outright knew that I would put two and two together with the false note, and go to the mansion anyway. She also knew that, despite any common sense I have, I would’ve gone in, and most likely have found some serious trouble. Of course, she was right on all accounts, and it’s a good thing that Feli listened to her.

“After all…” she had said “exactly how many times have you gone into a place you knew was dangerous?”

“…not counting” I mumbled.

“Because, in all the years we’ve known each-other, I’ve counted around…forty-two.”

“There’s no way there can be that many!”

“Yeah, I think it’s that many…1. Sliding into that deep ditch. 2. Going down to the slippery river bank…” she went on to list all the times…and I am currently wondering whether or not I am too dumb to live…(24. Slipping through a construction zone to save time…32. Going on the rocky country road that was a “short-cut”…) “and, finally, 42. Going into that house alone!”

Yeah, I think I feel too dumb to live right now…that is…well…I’d rather like to live but, I swear, my curiosity’s going to kill me one day…I mean, it already broke my leg, my arm, my pride, and my self-esteem…

Still, after awhile, we said our good-byes, and, she handed me a small box, “you forgot to give him this…” she said, with a laugh “I found it shoved in your purse!”

Deciding to ignore the implication that Florina looked through my purse (oh, what am I kidding, she definitely looked through it…she better not have taken any cash...), I took the box, and suddenly remembered: Feliciano’s necklace. I had meant to give it to him so long ago, and had forgotten the entire time! Wow, some friend I turned out to be…

But, you know, Journal, due to certain circumstances, it was pretty easy for me to forget about the trinket.

Either way, I’ll be sure to return it, if when I see him again.

June 12

So, my parents came over today, along with my personified call to adventure but, not exactly at the same time…a matter which spared my former guest a few injuries, most likely…

Now, Journal, you know very well that my parents tend to be a bit protective…



Okay, really, just my mother. While Dad did give me that gun, he thought that it’d be good to just keep around, in case anything happened. However, Mom, as you know, was the one screaming over the phone about how I had a “MURDEROUS PSYCHOPATH” in my house (while Dad just threatened to shoot him if he “dared to try anything without [his] consent”…well, at least he didn’t say he was a murderous psychopath who would “KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!”). Needless to say, when she found out that I was injured in the hospital, she practically ran out the door, and drove like mad. Thankfully, Dad managed to catch up with her in time, and calm her down a bit, so that there wouldn’t be any blood-shed (the hunting rifle was a good hint of what she was thinking of threatening…).

I can understand her paranoia though, saying as she had no idea what was going on previously, and had never met Feliciano, who, mind you, I am still having trouble identifying as a centuries old nation.

That all said, she showed up first; Dad would come later. Of course, she was freaking out, and asked me what had happened and if “that…that…freak” had "hurt" me (after she went on a “I knew this would happen!” rant, that is). Now, Journal, I’m not proud of what I said here, but, I thought it was clever…

“Oh, nothing,” I said with a sly smile “he just made violent love to me, Mother.”

Yeah…that was a really, really bad idea…

She didn’t exactly get the joke (even though I could’ve sworn I poured on enough sarcasm to drown a horse) and Feliciano picked the absolute worst time to poke his head in and say “Oh, hi, Agatha, I just wanted to pop in and say that I’m sorry for-”…

The following act was so violent, that I cannot describe it…



Okay, I’m exaggerating but, I’m pretty sure Mom would’ve drawn blood, had I not spoken up in time…

That is, she quietly closed the door, while Feliciano was saying the above phrase, and immediately grabbed him by the throat and pinned him to the wall (for such a petite thing, my mother is surprisingly strong…or, alternatively, Feliciano is as strong as a cardboard box…yeah, I’m going for the former), angrily semi-shouting (didn’t want any witnesses…) various obscenities at him, most of which, I should not repeat in polite public. At any rate, it looked like there was going to be another poor sap in the hospital, with far worse injuries than my own, so I quickly spoke up, saying that nothing happened (note to self: NEVER EVER tell her about that little sleep-walking incident from awhile back…bad things will happen) and not to murder Feliciano, and throw the body out the window, making it look like an “accident” (although, I highly doubt she would go that far).

After a rather rushed and panic explanation of what “happened” (“I fell in a ditch, and landed wrong, honest!”) and nigh-constant reassurance that no, Feliciano was not a psychopath (as far as I’m aware) she finally let up, and turned to her old, non-murderous-mama-bear self. The change in tone and action was stunning, “Oh, sorry about that,” she said politely “I just get a bit riled up when I think that someone’s hurt my daughter, in any way.”

A bit riled up is probably the understatement of the millennium but, it worked at the moment, and she left, saying that she would bring Dad over later (since he had no idea that she had made a “detour” on her way to pick up some things at the store).

After that, there was an awkward silence “so…” I began “you’re alright, I presume?”

He nodded, shaking slightly from the traumatic experience of being threatened with death by my mother “We made it back fine, and are clearing up the whole thing now. It’ll take awhile though…”

That made sense, Journal, after all, very, very important people go missing for a few months, cause a world-wide epidemic, and such, there’s gonna be a lot to fix and explain; and, after a few, more personal, explanations (“How long did you know, exactly?” “…few months…” “and you never said anything?” “The last thing I wanted was to be declared insane, and I was never really very sure…” and such) as we said our good-byes, and such, I remembered the little box on the table.

“Hey,” I said, handing it over with my good hand “I forgot to give you this, due to…circumstances…”

Surprised, he took the little package, and quickly opened it up, revealing the trinket inside. I swear, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so relieved in my whole life. It wasn’t even a minute before Feliciano, now with the item around his neck, was thanking me for finding it, as he believed it was “gone forever!”

Of course, I told him to go thank Florina, since she’s the one who managed to pick it up, and finally, we said final farewells, and he left.

I’ve gotta say, Journal, it was fun while it lasted. But, right now, I’m just thankful that I finally have an idea for a book...



Now to just develop the characters, plot, setting, fix plot holes, and make utter sense of the idea!

In other words:

TO THE INTERNET!!!



Actually, I might have to wait on that, for a bit…ya know…just ‘till I can actually use both of my arms again...

. . .

June 23

Ya know, Journal, I’ve been thinking...

Yes, shocker, I know.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking about my little “misadventure” that ended only a week or so ago.

It’s pretty amazing, isn’t it? To think that Florina, John, and I…we saved the world…literally!

I mean…wow…I’m still waiting to wake up and realize that the whole thing was some crazy dream…



Nope, the top fell.

But, I can’t help but, think that the whole thing never would’ve happened, had I not gone off the path, that day. I’ve charted this out, Journal, and here’s exactly what would’ve been different…

If I hadn’t gone off the path…

I never would’ve seen the house,

I never would’ve found Feliciano (I’m sorry, I just can’t refer to him as Italy; it’s too weird…)

In turn, I never would’ve gained him as a friend,

Florina would never have convinced me of around half of the things she talks about,

I never would’ve met John (well, perhaps not never but, you get my point, Journal),

That “epidemic” would probably have gotten worse and worse,

I never would’ve learned the truth of that old house in the forest (or, like I said earlier, its very existence),

I never would’ve gotten my idea (well, maybe I would’ve, sometime but, yeah...)

And, overall, I never would’ve had this whole “mis-adventurous mystery” thing at all!

Isn’t it crazy, Journal? How so much can start after one action? It’s like a chain effect…crazy…

I’m glad it happened though, I would happily do it all over again, and I am very glad that I survived the ordeal!

Even though I’ve managed to get out of the hospital, and such, my injuries still ache a little but, that’s to be expected. However, compared to what that thing could’ve done to me, I must confess, I would happily accept some broken bones any day!

But, look at me, blathering on about something that nobody would really care about, save for myself, and maybe John, if I wanted to tell him my thoughts on the whole thing. I should probably go to bed…

Yeah, yeah, I should, it’s getting late, and I’m not thinking straight…and I’m a poet, and I didn’t even know it, apparently. I can rhyme anytime, on a dime!

…okay, that wasn’t very funny, was it?

Well, any which way life goes from here, I think I’d prefer to give adventures a rest…



At least, for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's done...finally...done...

I tried my best to wrap it up, guys, forgive me if I fail *corner of shame*

Yeah, I hope you liked it, and I'll be working on the sequels in the mean-time; but, it'll take a while n_n;

I've got other stuff I'm working on so, I might post that stuff first *nods*

Anyways, if you've been reading this since the beginning, thanks. Seriously, I'm trying really hard to be a good writer, and, I just wanted to make something enjoyable, and such n_n;

so...thanks. Thanks, everyone c: