Status: I wrote this a few years ago. It will probably remind you of a familiar story, but dont judge me.

Secret

Questions

It all started one morning on my way to my locker... Well actually it didn’t start there but that’s where I have decided to start... So anyways I was standing in front of my locker. As I opened my locker a slip of paper fluttered delicately to the ground. I bent over and picked it up. I examined the sheet for a few seconds then opened it. It read:

Jenn,
I’ve seen you around school many times. I think you are beautiful. You are as graceful as a swan and make my head swim when I see you. I wish I had the guts to talk to you. But you’re just too much for an ordinary guy to handle.
Love,
Your Secret Admirer

I looked around quickly, looking for any sign of my mystery man. Nothing. I was so confused I didn’t notice the first bell had rung till I was pushed, causing my books to go flying all over the floor. I groaned, bent over and picked them up slowly. I headed to my class. I went through school in a haze, filled with questions (Who? Why? Where? When? Me?), all day.
When I got home I logged on. My best friend Sara was already on. She and her family had moved to England 2 years ago. Now I was alone, after all that Silvia had done to me, I was truly alone.

Sara_bff#1: Jenn!!!!

Jennie101: Hey Sara

Sara_bff#1: So wats new???

Jennie101: Not much...
Apparently I have a secret admirer...

Sara_bff#1: OMG!! Do you have any idea who it might be???
Oh! Oh! I know how about Ben? No Alex? No Todd? No Jay? NO!!!!!! Phillip?!?!?

Jennie101: No I don’t think so... I really don’t know who it might be...
It’s just really weird.

Sara_bff#1: OMG! You have to keep me posted ok??

Jennie101: Ya I will I promise... But I gotta go do homework... k bye!!!

Sara_bff#1: k bye
*signs off*

I did my homework then went downstairs for dinner. After dinner I sat in my room listening to music. At around 11:30 I decided to go to bed.

The next morning when I got to my locker the first thing I saw was people staring at my locker. What was that about?? I walked up to my locker and saw why they were staring. There was a beautiful red rose taped to my locker. Again I looked around suspiciously. But there was no one who looked guilty of this unexpectedly thoughtful act. I bent over and gently pulled the rose off my locker door. I examined it carefully. It was fresh. It smelt beautiful. I didn’t notice someone was behind me till I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Uh... Excuse me....” The voice trailed off behind me. I turned around. It was a boy I had never seen before.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Um... I was just wondering did your boyfriend, by any chance, give that to you?” He asked. What a weird question. I thought to myself.

“Um... No.” I said. The boy nodded. Then he turned away.

“Alright...Thanks.” He said. Then he turned fully away and left. I stood there wondering why someone would ask a stranger such a personal question. I walked to class not knowing that the next day would be even stranger.

Today when I headed for my locker no one was starring. That had to be a good sign. But I had no idea about what would happen next. I walked to my locker and opened it. No secret note tucked away safely in my locker. No hidden flowers. No nothing but my everyday items. I was preparing for my first class when someone knocked into me from behind. I spun around and saw Silvia looking back at me with a smirk plastered on her face. I shrugged it off and continued with my day. At lunch I walked over and sat down in a corner in against one of the buildings. I pulled out my IPod and turned it on. I pulled out my lunch. I turned up the volume as to block out all the other kids. I started to eat my cheese sandwich, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned my head and sighed. It was ‘I-need-to-know-all-about-your-personal-life’ guy. I pulled a head phone out my ear and looked at him. He sat down beside me uncomfortably close (in my opinion) and stared at me.

“Hey.” He said smiling.

“Uh... hi.” I answered.

“So how’s it going?” He asked.

“uh... Ok I guess.” I answered.

“So who did give you that rose?” He asked. More personal questions. Just great. I thought. I stared at this guy that I didn’t even know. I didn’t even know his name! And he wants me to tell him all these personal things! Well I guess it’s better than not being talked to at all.

“I...I don’t really know actually.” I answered. He looked at me confused, nodded, and stood up. “Wait!” I called. He stopped and looked at me. “I don’t even know your name!” I said. He chuckled and said.

“Just think of me as a friend.” He said.

“Bu...I...Wa....”But he had left. I sat for the rest of lunch confused about what had just gone on.
When I got home I immediately singed on.

Jenn101: Hey Sara

Sara_bff#1: Hey!!! So... how’s the secret admirer thing going?

Jenn101: Well... I don’t really know
I mean I got a rose from him yesterday but I’m not sure who it is... and there’s this guy who started talking to me yesterday but I don’t really know who he is.

Sara_bff#1: Aww... that’s soo cute a ROSE!!! He soo loves you!!!

Jenn101: No he does not he doesn’t even have the guts to talk to me!! He doesn’t know me.

Sara_bff#1: Oh come on Jenn you think it’s sweet. Stop lying to yourself. You’re already in love with him and you don’t even know who he is.

Jenn101: I am not!!! I don’t know who he is!! It could just be Silvia playing some sick joke on me!!!

Sara_bff#1: Jenn stop it!! You know she wouldn’t do that. Come on. You’re just scared aren’t you? You’re scared you won’t be good enough for him...

Jenn101: Sara I really gotta go... isn’t it like 11 there?

Sara_bff#1: Ya it is... I’m pretty tired.... just keep me posted k? Love ya.... ttyl.
*sign off*

I sat in my room after dinner and thought. I just sat and thought about what Sara had said. She was right. Of course she was right. She’s always right. She knows me too well. I know that what she said is really true. I am scared. I’m scared that I won’t be good enough for whoever this guy is. I’m scared Silvia might take it and twist it into some sick joke.

The next day I was in my car. I had parked in the student parking lot. I leaned over the passenger seat to grab my bag when there was a knock on my window. I jumped and looked out the window. It was my ‘friend’. I grabbed my bag and opened the door. I got out and locked my car.

“Hey” He said.

“Hi.” I responded.

“How’s it going?” He asked me.

“Alright I guess.” I said.

“So you found out who sent you that rose yet?”

“No, why does it matter so much to you?” I asked.

“Well I don’t know I was just wondering. Anyway I’ll see you at lunch.” He said.

“Shit.”

“What?” He asked.

“Nothing.” I had forgotten my lunch at home. I was in such a rush today ‘cause I woke up late and couldn’t find my homework I completely forgot it! Great now I’m going to starve today. Just great. I thought. I headed to my locker to get my stuff.

At lunch I sat in ‘my’ corner. And of course I pulled out my IPod and turned it on. And as I expected my ‘friend’ showed up. I pulled out a head phone and watched as he sat down. He looked at me.

“What no lunch?” He asked.

“Uh... no.” I said.

“How come you anorexic or something?” He asked me suspiciously.

“No. I forgot it at home.”

“Huh. Well I guess you can have my other sandwich.”

“Other?” I wondered.

“Ya my mom gives me two. She says I need to eat more. Build up my muscle.”

“Oh...” He handed me a wrapped sandwich. I looked at it. Then I decided to take it. I unwrapped it. Tuna. I took a bite. I looked over at the guy. He had a peanut butter sandwich. My favourite. I grabbed the other half of his sandwich and switched it with the other half of the tuna one. He looked at me weird.

“I like peanut butter better.” I said. He laughed.

“Same.” He said chuckling. I smiled. It was nice to have someone to talk to. We talked about useless things for the rest of lunch. At the end of the day I headed to my car he was standing there watching me.

“What happened between you and Silvia?” he asked as I got closer.

“None of your business.” I said as I walked around to the trunk of my car.

“What happened 2 years ago in the summer?” He asked.

“Was this your plan? Get close to me so you can get some information you think is important? Are you some reporter from the schools paper? Are you trying to exploit some sort of big mystery?? Is there a reason you need to know everything about me??” I asked frustrated. I HATED talking about what happened 2 years ago and what happened with Silvia. I HATED it.

“No!! You have it all wrong!! I just want to be your friend.” He said. I sighed.

“I really don’t want to talk about this.” I said.

“I...I’m sorry. I just wanted to know. I’m so stupidly nosey. Its gunna kill me one day.” he said. I got in my car and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I wrote this a few years ago. It's finished but I dont know how good it is. Let me know what you think. I'd really appreciate it.