Status: I wrote this a few years ago. It will probably remind you of a familiar story, but dont judge me.

Secret

Notes

Tristan Carp:

We’ve been here all of 4 weeks and my brother is already obsessing over a girl who hasn’t even noticed his existence. He’s so head-over-heels in love with her he’s sending her secret love notes. I have to say, she is pretty cute. Too bad she’s a loner. Why does my brother always go for the weird ones? I mean we’ve been on this planet for 150 years, hasn’t he had enough of the weird ones already? And this one’s extremely weird too. I mean she wants us to leave her alone. I’ve never met a person who tells us to go away. Most people are either too scared or too intrigued to tell us to leave them alone, but not this girl. She has a weird name to Jenn. And it’s with two ‘n’s, I can understand one ‘n’ but two? That’s just odd. But I guess in this time my name would seem strange, Trey’s especially. My brother is insane. Sending notes to a human, it’s not like he can actually love her. She smells so delicious it’s almost too hard to abide, though I have to for my brother’s sake. I do not understand how he can contain himself. Sitting so close to her. I can hardly handle it. The both of us have been dating around long enough to know that a relationship with humans just does not work.

Trey Carp:

So there’s this girl, who has stolen my heart and I don’t know if she even realizes I exist. But I know that I know she exists. She told my brother and me she was an outcast. I can still not believe a single word she said. She said that the whole high school thing did it too her as she stared at a girl, who I know is called Sylvia McArthur. I do not know much about either Jenn Marshall or Sylvia McArthur but I do know that they are not on good terms with each other. It seems they have had some kind of quarrel with each other a while back. My brother does not understand the feelings I have for Jenn. He does not understand that I have to express them as they come to me. And because I cannot under any circumstances speak to her I must leave her notes, in signed notes that I write from my heart. My brother thinks it is clichéd or cheesy? I am not sure of the terms people use now. Things have changed so much. Anyways Tristan has done most of the talking with Jenn the few words I have said near her were to Tristan. I am thinking of writing her another note but I am not sure of what to write. I do not want the note to sound like a cliché and give my brother what he wants but all I can think of are old saying from poets and such. I shall think of something soon though.

Jenn Marshall:

It’s been about 2 weeks since my last note from my secret admirer. I’m getting worried that he lost interest in me. One day I walked to my locker and found a note. I opened it and started to read.

Dear Jenn,
The speech of someone in love bores everyone but the loved one. I know you are probably annoyed with theses notes-

I am not. I thought. Then I continued to read.

But this is the only way I can express myself. Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away. And all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then in silence, I can only hope, my eyes will speak my heart. Actually that is all the time not sometimes. I feel horrible that you have to deal with my nonsense-

It is not nonsense. I thought, and continued.

And I hope that one day you can forgive me for all this. But for today please promise me you will try. Try to make nice with all the people who you have hurt or have hurt you. Please. And I promise you one day we will meet.
Sincerely,
Your secret admirer

I was stunned. This guy thinks I don’t like his notes. But he still cares. I was so confused with all this. At lunch I was sitting in my corner when Tristan and Trey walked over. My heart started to speed up as they got closer. I have no idea why it does that but it only does it when I see Trey. I think I’m going crazy. I thought to myself. Tristan and Trey each sat on one side of me. I pulled out my peanut butter sandwich and started to eat it. In my time eating lunch with Trey and Tristan I had noticed a few things. 1) They never ate. 2) Some days Treys eyes are darker than usual, almost black. 3) Tristan always seemed to be staring at my neck. And 4) they NEVER looked me in the eye. I didn’t understand why they did this. Maybe they ate a huge breakfast before school, or maybe Trey wore contacts, or maybe they were shy around girls. But I doubted that. I couldn’t answer all my questions and I couldn’t really ask for the answers to some, but there was one I could ask about.

“Hey Tristan. How come you guys never have a lunch?” I asked hesitantly. Tristan looked at Trey.

“Well... Um... I don’t know we just aren’t hungry I guess.” He said. I looked at Trey suspiciously.

“Ya... well... We eat a lot at home and stuff.” He said in his rhythmic voice. Whenever he spoke my mind always seemed to wander. His voice was like the kind you imagined on a ‘prince charming’ or a famous person. Never anyone you actually knew and had face-to-face conversations. Though our conversations weren’t really face-to-face, since Tristan did most of the talking. Well I got a pretty good answer. I thought. So I decided to be risky.

“Trey. Have you ever noticed that your eyes change colour?” I asked looking away from him.

“They do huh?” Trey replied. “What do you mean?” He asked me. I sat for a minute thinking.

“Well on some days your eyes are emerald green, or sea green, but on other days your eyes are closer to black than any eyes I’ve ever seen.” I answered him. I heard Tristan gasp quietly.