I Love You...Like A Gun To The Head

The Day Seattle Died

There was a light flickering in the back of an abandoned home, illuminating every aspect there was to see from the lights origin. Believe me, it wasn't much to see. Just a neglected room furnished with just a couch, television & coffee table. Everything else had been taken.

A light blanket of dust covered those few belongings, if that's what you could even call them. There was no one to claim them now. Not a single living person to call this place home any longer.

With the flickering light came a voice. That of a middle aged women. There was nothing cheerful about her voice. Very solemn & serious it was, with just a hint of grief. It was coming from the television along with the light in the dark house. But there was no one there to watch it.

"Grief has struck Seattle, and quite possibly the entire country tonight in what can only be described as a tragic crime of passion. Famous singer & resident of the Seattle area Jessica "Blaze" Thomson, front women for the Rock Band Candy Hearts For The Illiterate, has been arrested & charged tonight for the devastating murder of her fiancee Joshua Mosley, younger brother of another famous rock singer Lacey Mosley. Reporter David Jensen is on the scene."

"Thank you Patricia," followed the women's voice as a man appeared on the screen. "I come to you tonight in front of the house where singer Blaze Thomson shot & killed fiancee, Josh Mosley. The deadly shot was fired at approximately 10:37 PM in this upscale Seattle Development. Police have yet to release a statement as to what caused Ms. Thomson to take the life of the man she loved. As you can see behind me the light from the television in the living room still plays as I stand here. But no one will be home to watch it. All other household furnishings are being taken away by forensics as evidence. There are rumors that Blaze's own twin sister Maribeth witnessed the murder as it unfolded. Only she can tell us what happened in that fateful upstairs bedroom. But no more additional information has been released."

"Thank you David. And we will be sure to update all of you as soon as more information becomes available to us. Now in our next story...."

Another room in another house the reporters voice faded. A ring from the telephone caused the man standing there to jump, startling him.

"Alex? Have you seen the news?" Rushed a frantic male's voice through the earpiece.

"Yeah, Brandon, I just saw it." His voice was a monotone, no emotion. Eyes simply taring ahead.

"Can you fucking believe it! They're saying she caught him cheating on her, Alex. With MB!"

"I always knew he wasn't good enough for her." He was in a trance.

"Alex? Are you alright?"

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, B." CLICK

Alex aimlessly set the phone back in its stand, eyes still glued to the television but not really paying attention to it.

"Shoulda listened to me Princess. Shoulda listened to me." And his ironic laughter boomed through the entire room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is it
This is the End for you my friends!

Yes it was short, but what else did you expect for the ending?

I really hope you all enjoyed this story.
I hope to have another one up soon so look out for that.

Thank you to ALL my readers from the bottom of my black heart for reading &/or commenting.
It's been a pleasure & I look foreword to your comments in the future!

-MUAH!!!!!!!-

Death-Grip Hugs & Cyanide Kisses
- Jessica "Blaze" VanL.