Status: In the works

Two Plus Two Equals One

I WILL EAT YOU ZACK MERRICK!

Days later, all four boys were sitting on the couch in Jack’s basement, controllers in hand, surrounded by various bags of chips and cans of coke. “WOO!!!” Alex shouts, throwing his controller into the air. “Won again motherfuckers!” He exclaims happily. “And so modest, I can tell.” Rian rolls his eyes, smiling at Alex. Alex laughs, opening another Sprite can. “I propose a toast!” “To what, you’re amazing video game skills? Don’t you think that’s a little self centered?” Jack asks jokingly. “Pfft, no...But I was gonna say, great job at the show last night everyone, we all did awesome!” Alex holds up his drink, and the other three boys clink theres against his.
“Hey, did you guys know Alex is an amazing singer? All four of us should jam sometime, how fun would that be? That would be a cool ending to both our sets too.” Jack suggests. “Wait, you mean like, without the girls?” Zack questions. “Yeah, why not? Alex can sing, the rest of us can play, besides, they’re always busy hanging out without us anyways.” Jack says. “We have fun hanging out just the four of us, we should totally do that sometime!” Rian agrees. “Whoa whoa whoa, but the girls are our best friends, we can’t just ditch them...” Alex mutters in protest. “We’re not ditching them, we’re just growing as ‘artists.’” Jack reassures him. “Well...I guess, but still, I’m not that good of a singer...” Alex whispers self consciously. “Yes you are! Besides, we could work on that song you were writing!” Jack offers. “Correction, that WE’RE writing. You helped too ya know. But I don’t know...it’s not even finished yet...” Alex trails, looking at his feet. “Come on Lex, it’s really good. Please, for me?” Jack bats his eyelashes playfully at Alex, who chuckles at his silliness. One of the reasons he likes Jack is that he’s not afraid to do stupid things just to make him laugh. “Fine, we’ll try it. I still feel bad about leaving out Hannah and Alicia, but we’ll try it.” Alex gives in. “Yay! I’ll text everyone later and plan it out. Until then, anyone up for another round?” Jack asks, pointing at the TV. “Sure, but I’m gonna head to the bathroom...where is it?” Zack inquires, looking a little embarrassed as he stands up. “Up the stairs and to the left.” Jack says, and Zack climbs up the stairs, leaving them.
Alex and Jack exchange a look, thinking the same thing, before pouncing on Zack’s phone. Zack left it on the table next to his Sprite, which in retrospect he probably shouldn’t have done. Jack and Alex can’t figure out Zack’s phone, but luckily they get a text from Hannah. They open it and it says, “So I heard the restaurant was really good, I’m excited, aren’t you?” They push reply and type, “Yeah, when are we going again?” “What the hell are you two doing?” Rian asks, peering over their shoulders. “Nothing.” They say simultaneously, waiting for Hannah’s reply. The phone buzzes, and says, “Wednesday silly! You’re picking me up at six at my house, remember?” “Jackpot.” Jack grins devilishly at Alex. Another text came in from Hannah, “Zack, we just talked about this like an hour ago, are you okay?” Alex looks at Jack to save them, who just shrugs. Jack ends up typing, “Sorry, just a little distracted and wanted to double check :)”
Jack puts down the phone then, just as Zack comes back from the bathroom. “Uh, why did you guys...” Rian starts to ask, but Alex jumps on top of him, covering his mouth. Zack looks at all three of them suspiciously, and Jack just smiles at him. “You guys are so weird.” Zack comments and sits down. “You don’t know the half of it.” Alex says. Jack laughs, and picks up his controller. “One more round before you guys go home. I’m determined to beat Alex just once.” Alex laughs loudly, “Yeah right Jacky! No way in hell are you beating me! Watch me kick your ass again.” Alex returns to his place next to Jack, bumping his shoulder into Jack’s playfully before picking up his controller. Jack bumps him back as Zack and Rian grab their controllers. They end up playing well into the night, before finally heading home.

~*~ATL~*~

It was Monday, and Alex is sitting in front of his house, waiting for Jack to show up. The four guys decided they would practice today, and Alex had asked Jack to come a little early to “work on the song.” In all honesty, Alex just kind of wants to spend some more time with Jack. He really likes Jack, and he’s always on Alex’s mind...he was glad they were friends. Over the past two weeks they had become extremely close, practically like they’ve known each other forever. He wishes he had known Jack forever, if they had this much fun in just two weeks, imagine what a lifetime with Jack would be like?
Alex smiles at the ground, thinking happy thoughts about Jack, not noticing Jack pull his car into the driveway. “Hey Alex, whatcha doing?” Jack asks, standing in front of him. Alex’s head snaps up and he blushes “Oh, uh, nothing...I was just waiting for you.” “Cool,” Jack grins at him, “So, we have an hour and a half to work on that song of yours, let’s get cracking.”
“Okay, I’ve been working on it a little bit over the past couple days. Let me run upstairs and grab my journal, be right back.” Alex tells Jack, leaving him alone in the garage. Jack sets up his guitar, when his phone rings. He takes it out of his pocket, seeing that its Alicia. He smiles, and answers it, “Hey babe, how’s it going?”
“Oh I’m good. Whatcha up to?”
“Not much, I’m at Alex’s house.”
“Again? Gosh, are you always hanging out with him?”
“Haha, just about, he’s my best friend. Why?”
“‘Cause, I was gonna see if you wanted to do something, but apparently you’re busy.”
“I’m sorry...tomorrow, I promise. Meet me in the parking lot tomorrow morning at school, okay?”
“Okay...I don’t wanna hang up yet though...”
“Neither do I...but I have to go soon...”
“Fine, just hang up fast before I start to miss you.”
“No, you hang up first.”
“No you.”
“No YOU.”
Alex came back just in time to hear Jack playfully fighting with Alicia over the phone on who would hang up first. Hearing Jack be all cute like that with some girl he didn’t particularly like bothered Alex to no end. He stomps down the stairs and over to Jack, who is still cooing to Alicia over the line, and snatches his phone away and ends the call. “Hey! What didja do that for?” Jack asks indignantly, sending Alicia a quick “sorry, ttyl xo” text before turning to Alex who had swung his guitar strap over his shoulder and is absently looking around the garage. Alex raises an eyebrow and waves his journal around, “Time for work. I wrote the rest of the lyrics and sort of know how I want the singing part to go soooo...” He self consciously looks at his guitar and plays a little riff as he trails off. Then he flips his notebook open and looks at the new lyrics and the doodles that now cover the pages. Jack comes over and stands behind Alex, resting his chin on his friends shoulder and reads the lyrics, liking what he sees. “I like the bacon and frying pan doodle.” He comments with a grin. Alex chuckles nervously, “I was hungry. What do you think of the rest of the song?” “It’s FANTASTIC Lexi, you’re quite the lyricist.” Jack replies, wrapping his arms around his best friend, giving him an approving hug. Alex laughs and tries to contain the blush that he can feel creeping onto his face. “Thanks Jacky. Wanna try it?” “HELL YEAH!!!” Jack shouts, letting go of Alex, grabbing his guitar and jamming out the intro before Alex starts singing. When they got to the new parts of the song, they worked out the chords, interlude and the solo and ran through the whole thing a few times.
“THIS IS SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!” Alex exclaims, tackle hugging Jack when they stop playing to wait for the guys. “WE WROTE A SONG!!!” Jack laughs and steals Alex’s beanie, putting it on and saying in a high pitched voice, “HI! I’m Alex Gaskarth and I just wrote a song with sexy Jack Barakat and we’re gonna be rockstarzzzz!!!” “Oh ha ha, very funny.” Alex sticks his tongue out at Jack and snatches his hat back. “If we ever become famous i’ll remind you of this mockery later.”
“Knock knock.” Rian says, poking his head in through the garage’s mandoor. “YO! RiRi!” Alex exclaims, tackling his other friend in a hug as he comes in. “WE WROTE A SONG! NOW IT JUST NEEDS BASS AND DRUMS AND IT’LL BE DONE!” Alex shouts, jumping around like an excited five year old. Rian raises his eyebrows and Alex’s childish behavior and chuckles, “Cool, lemme drop you guys a beat then.” Before Rian can even move theres a tentative knock on the open door and Zack appears there. “Zacky!” Jack exclaims, high fiving his friend hello. “Hey guys.” Zack says to everyone. “Hey Zack.” Rian smiles, he and Zack were becoming quite good friends. Alex gives Zack a weird look and does the guy head nod thing, “Hey.” “So, who’s ready to make some noise?” Jack asks and they get all set up.
Jack and Alex show Rian and Zack what they have and the two are thoroughly impressed with what they have put together. “Wow guys, that sounds awesome, here, do it again and I’ll add a beat this time.” Rian says, tapping on his cymbal a few times. So they play it again and RIan adds in his drumming, adding to the whole effect, making it sound even better. “Alright, one more time so Zack can work out a bass part and then we can play it all through again and see how it goes?” Jack suggests, looking at the other three for confirmation. They nod in response and Jack plays the intro and they start once again.
Eventually they get the song sounding perfect and the four are dancing around in their excitement at writing a real life song. “Wait! We can’t celebrate yet!” Jack suddenly exclaims. “Why not?!” Alex replies, confused and slightly worried. “It needs a title!!” “Oh. Well fuck Jack, I thought this was a major crisis or something.” Alex says, relieved. “Well what should we call the song then?” Rian asks everyone. They’re all silent as they think for a moment until Alex finally mutters, “Hometown Heroes, National Nobodies.” “What?” Jack asks, hardly having heard him. “This song is for us. Hometown Heroes, National Nobodies. That’s what its name should be.” He says louder. “That would be... perfection.”
Now that the song was finished and practiced and named, it was time for the party to start. Alex grabs snacks from his kitchen and hauls them into the garage and he hooks up his iHome and starts blaring his Blink-182 Pandora station and they all start having a random dance party, challenging each other to show their best moves. Alex and Jack are the best, Rian is okay and Zack is nominated most awkward and terrible dancer ever. Alex takes particular joy in this revelation and he laughs about it to no end. Soon the song Head On Collision by New Found Glory comes on and the boys cheer wildly; it’s one of their favorites. They sing along and jump around like lunatics and laugh.
“And it feels like I'm at an all-time low! Slightly bruised and broken from our head on collision! I've never seen this side of you! Another tragic case of feeling!” Jack and Rian shout the lyrics loud and proud while Zack laughs and takes a swig of Sprite and Alex swallows another one of his moms cookies. Soon the song ends and The Only Exception by Paramore comes on, quiet in the background as the boys stop to catch their breath. They’re all quiet for a moment as they listen to the song and ponder the meaning of life. Finally, the silence is broken by Alex.
“Ya know,” He says, thinking aloud, “All Time Low would be a pretty good band name.”

~*~ATL~*~

“Dude you’re stepping on my foot.” “Oh sorry bro.” “AHH twig in my eye!” “Alex be quiet!” It was finally Wednesday and Alex and Jack were crammed behind a bush in Hannah’s front yard, trying to be inconspicuous, as they staked out her house. “Nothing’s happening, maybe we--” Jack starts to say but Alex slaps his hand over the boy’s mouth as a Jeep pulls into the driveway and none other than Zack climbs out of the car wearing pressed pants, shiny shoes and a nice button-down shirt. Alex and Jack both stare in shock and horror as Zack makes his way to the front door and Hannah comes out in an actual dress and high heels, no beanie or Converse in sight. Zack grins and kisses her on the cheek and Alex feels his blood start to boil, not believing this was really happening, how could his HannahBear lie to him and go out with that douche-bag? Alex feels his eye start to twitch and he has the urge to break something as Zack take Hannah’s hand and leads her to the Jeep, opening the door for her and helping her inside. Ohhh I am SO going to kill them... Alex thinks, starting to shred the leaves on the bush in anger. Jack sees his friend’s agitation and lightly touches him on the arm, trying to reassure the boy that this was going to be okay. “Come on Alex, let’s follow them.” Jack leans his head close to Alex’s as he whispers to him and Alex shivers slightly as Jack’s warm breath caresses his ear. He shakes it off and nods.
Zack backs the Jeep from the driveway and Alex and Jack vacate their bush and run down the street to climb into Jack’s Honda Civic. “FOLLOW THAT JEEP LADDIE!” Alex shouts in a random Irish accent, pointing in the direction their friends went.
Jack laughs and speeds off after them and Alex immediately regrets letting him drive when he feels his lunch churn in his stomach and feels like he’s going to puke and he can’t stop screaming like a little girl in his head. I’m going to die today. Alex thinks as he clutches the armrests as Jack blows yet another stop sign. When Jack starts drifting onto the left side of the road as he accelerates even faster Alex yelps, “Jack! You’re on the wrong side of the road!” To which Jack calmly replies, “I’m going down the middle to avoid the potholes, it’s all good.” So Alex just sits there and tries not to die as they hurtle through the streets after the Jeep.
When they finally pull into the parking lot of a restaurant called The Paper Moon, Alex almost can’t resist the temptation to throw himself to the ground and kiss the pavement but Jack has already started to follow the couple into the restaurant, ducking behind cars as he goes, stopping to wave for Alex to hurry up. Alex grins at him and makes a show of drawing a finger gun and running to catch up.
The two hurry into the restaurant and lurk by the door, trying to spot Zack and Hannah who have been seated in a white booth in the back corner. They continue to spy from afar until a waiter tells them they can either be seated or they must leave. Jack and Alex exchange a glance and Alex says to the impatient waiter, “We’ll stay, may we have a table near the back?” The man makes a face, not happy with the under dressed teenagers making requests but he complies and Jack and Alex are seated near enough to Hannah and Zack that they have a clear view of what’s going on but not so close that they’re noticed.
Jack felt very intrusive following his friends around like this but he couldn’t deny that he was kind of having fun, pretending to be James Bond with Alex. Alex was secretly having fun too but the happiness at playing spy with Jack was blotted out by his extreme anger and hurt, all because of the two people in the corner. He just got angrier and angrier with every second he watched them. Zack and Hannah held hands almost the entire time, always talking, laughing, flirting, even when their food arrived; then Hannah taught Zack how to use chopsticks the right way. Jack had ordered both Alex and himself some food when Alex was distracted by hearing Zack laugh for the first time and when it arrives, Jack pokes Alex in the head with his chopstick and says with a laugh, “Earth to Alex! They’ll still be there in a few minutes, eat your lo mein.” “You sound like my mother.” Alex replies, rubbing the side of his head and picking up his chopsticks and starting to eat, glancing between his plate, Jack sitting across from him and Zack and Hannah in the corner every few minutes.
“Ya know Alex,”Jack says between bites, “This is actually kinda fun, I feel like James Bond, minus the hot girl.” “Well I’m hot, doesn’t that count?” Alex asks with a smirk. Jack smirks back, “That depends, do you often wear skin-tight leather catsuits and want to makeout with me?” “HOW DID YOU KNOW?!” Alex exclaims, laughing. For a second his anger has totally disappeared and Alex feels light as a feather. It’s like the boy sitting across from him grinning is magic, just making all feelings except happiness go away. Alex feels like maybe it’ll be all good, until he looks over Jack’s shoulder and sees Zack reach up and play with one of Hannah’s curls, before gently touching her face and then start to lean towards her. “THAT’S IT!” Alex slams his hands down on the table and pushes himself up and then his long legs have him flying towards Zack and Hannah’s table.
Jack is right behind him and he clearly sees Hannah blanche and jerk back from Zack as she shrieks, “Alex?!” Zack looks like he’s about to die of embarrassment and Jack correctly guesses that Alex just interrupted their almost first kiss together. Alex is practically foaming at the mouth, he’s so angry that he can’t even generate words and his face is so red Jack actually thinks he might explode. “HOW COULD YOU?!” Alex screams at Hannah, who looks like she’s about to pass out. “Alex I--” She starts weakly but Alex cuts her off, “YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULDN’T GO OUT WITH THIS DOUCHE-BAG! You lied to m-me.” His voice cracks on last word and he wants to hit Hannah so bad but he could never do something like that. A tiny angry sob burbles from his throat and he turns on his heel and flees the restaurant.
Zack, Hannah and Jack are stunned, as is the rest of the restaurant who had watched the whole thing. Jack recovers first and charges out of the building shouting, “ALEX!” into the night. He catches sight of someone running down the sidewalk and he knows its Alex. “ALEX!” Jack shouts again, taking off after him.
Eventually, Jack catches up with Alex who is standing in an old timey gazebo that has red roses growing on it. It’s overlooking a pond that is absolutely still and reflects the moon and the stars on its glassy surface. Alex is pacing, angry, hurt tears staining his handsome face with emotion.
“Alex...” Jack says quietly, to not startle the boy. Alex spins around and cries, “I don’t understand why she would lie to me, she’s supposed to be my best friend!” Jack leans up against the railing near Alex. “She probably thought she was doing what was best. She probably thought keeping it a secret would be best for you.” Jack quietly tried to reason. “But Jack, she PROMISED she just had a tiny crush and she wouldn’t do anything about it.” Alex protests. “Maybe she was just trying to be a good friend. It was clearly more than just a tiny crush, maybe she felt like she couldn’t just NOT go out with Zack? Haven’t you ever just wanted someone so badly you just couldn’t hold it in anymore and just had to go for it, no matter what?” Jack asks, thinking of his impulse kiss with Alicia before they got together. Alex doesn’t reply, not trusting his tongue. He’s still just so ANGRY. Then Jack looks at him and pulls him in for a soothing hug. Alex can’t help sighing inaudibly as he wraps his arms around Jack. “You should talk to them.” Jack says into Alex’s hair. Alex shakes his head stubbornly, “No. I have nothing to say to them.” Jack pulls out of the hug and puts his hands on Alex’s shoulders and looks into the slightly shorter boy’s eyes. “Alexander William Gaskarth, you need to talk to them.” Alex’s eyes narrow and his jaw clenches at the thought but he knows he’s going to cave under Jack’s brown eyed gaze and, after a small stare-down, Alex relents, “Fine. But I was taught to say nothing if I can’t say anything nice so the conversation might be a bit one sided.”

~*~ATL~*~

On the way back to his house, Jack texted everyone to meet Alex and him there as soon as possible, they needed an emergency group meeting NOW.
When Jack and Alex pull into the driveway, they see Rian and Alicia waiting for them, leaning against Alicia’s car, talking. Alex slams the car door, stomping past them. “Alex, what’s wrong?” Rian asks, getting no reply. Jack says, “Come on, he’ll explain inside.” Jack unlocks the front door and all four of them go into the basement. Rian, Alicia and Jack all sit on the couch while Alex paces back and forth muttering to himself. “Uh, Alex?” Alicia questions innocently. “Shut up bitch.” Alex snaps, turning on his heel to glare at her. She jerks back a little, blinking at him in shock. “Whoa, calm down Alex, she didn’t do anything.” Jack jumps up, putting his hand on Alex’s shoulder. “I know, I just... ugh, I just can’t BELIEVE Hannah would do this to me! I hate that little fucker, I’m going to kill him...” Alex growls, going back to pacing. “Wait a sec, backup, ‘him?’ Who’s ‘him?’” Rian inquires quizzically. “Zack! Did you know Hannah and Zack were dating? She lied to us! How could she?! She knows I hate that goddamn manwhore and she PROMISED she wouldn’t do a thing about it but NO she decided it would be better to not tell me. Ugh!” Alex throws up his hands, yelling. He needed to punch something, now. “Alex, don’t you think you’re overreacting?” Jack asks. Obviously, Jack didn’t know Alex well enough yet. “NO! I’m not overreacting! She LIED to me, Jack! And I’ve known her forever, you don’t just lie to someone like that! How would you feel if Alicia lied to you?! It’s like, if Alicia was dating Rian, back when we hated each other. Wouldn’t you be a little concerned? Upset even?” Alex questions angrily, gesturing to Alicia and Rian who were still sitting on the couch awkwardly.
“Well, I guess I’d be a little annoyed but not like, ‘RAWR I’M GONNA EAT YOUR FACE OFF!’” Jack replies, pretending to attack Alex, who doesn’t smile. He huffs, “You just don’t get it!” Alex stalks away, clenching his hands. He’s just so mad, he can’t even think straight. “Lex, calm down, it’s really not a big deal. Besides, they’re on their way over right now. It’s all gonna work out.” Jack says soothingly. “WHAT?! No, I don’t WANT to talk to her! And I swear the second I see Zack I’m going to KILL HIM!” Alex roars. Jack looks down at his phone, “Well too bad, ‘cause they’re here.” “CRAPSHIT!” Alex’s head is spinning, there’s so many things he wants to say but his mind is so clouded he can’t even think of words to express it.
“Alex? Are you okay?” Hannah calls, opening the door to the basement. Alex watches as she comes down the stairs, followed by a silent Zack who’s looking down at the floor. They’re holding hands, and Zack looks up at Hannah, whose eyes brighten as she looks at him as she squeezes his hand reassuringly. This sends Alex over the edge, and as he screams at the top of his lungs, with no regard to being at Jack’s house, makes a fist and sends it flying through the basement wall.
“ALEX!” Everyone but Zack exclaims, all taken off guard by his actions. Alex is breathing hard, staring at the hole he made, before looking at his bloody knuckles. There had been something hard on the other side of the wall, and his hand stung like crazy. “What the hell, Alex?!” Hannah demands, the first one to recover. Jack springs into action next as Alex says nothing, asking him, “Are you okay? Let me see...” Jack takes Alex’s hand into both his own, examining it. “Rian, Alicia, can you guys run upstairs into the bathroom closet and grab the first aid kit?” Jack questions over his shoulder. They both nod and quickly exit up the stairs.
Jack looks into Alex’s eyes, who are blankly staring at the hole. “Shit, what did I do?” He thinks. Alex roughly takes his hand from Jack, mumbling, “Sorry ‘bout the wall.” “Well, it’s better the one that leads to the closet than the cement wall everywhere else.” He says. Alex looks toward Hannah, whose hands are on her hips as she gazes at him angrily, and Zack, who’s back to looking at the floor. “So?” Hannah asks.
“I don’t like you dating...him.” Alex’s eyes narrow as he looks at Zack. “That’s not your decision, you don’t have a say. I can date whoever I want to.” Hannah says coldly back. “I know, but he...he’s not good enough for you. You could do better. I don’t approve.” Alex’s voice is monotone. “You don’t have to approve. She can date whoever she wants.” Zack says, looking up. “NO ONE GIVES A FUCK WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY MANWHORE! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND HANNAH!” Alex screams, his hands clenching again. “Whoa, easy now.” Jack steps in front of Alex, putting his hands on Alex’s shoulders. “Jack...”Alex searches Jack’s eyes, and for an instant, all Alex wants is to hug Jack, and never, ever, let go. Jack makes him feel so much better.
“Alex, I’m dating Zack, and I’m not going to stop just because you don’t like it. And I’d appreciate it if you showed him some more respect. He’s your friend, doesn’t that count for anything? You like Jack, why can’t you give Zack a chance? And look, I didn’t mean for you to find out this way, I was going to wait and see if this was going to last and then slowly ease you into understanding...but apparently we don’t have time for that. But I’m not going to apologize. I-I really, really like Zack...” She looks up at him and their eyes meet. “I really, really like you too.” Zack smiles a little, wrapping his arms around her. “STOP!” Alex shouts. They turn, seeing Jack hugging Alex to keep him from lunging at them, but that doesn’t make him stop trying to wiggle free. “IF YOU DO WHAT I THINK YOU’RE GONNA DO, I WILL EAT YOU ZACK MERRICK!” Alex bellows. “WILL YOU JUST CALM DOWN! It’s NOT a big deal! People who are friends date ALL THE TIME! Hannah and Zack, me and Alicia, it HAPPENS! Get over it!” Jack yells, Alex going still in his arms, slightly shocked by Jack. “We found the first aid kit! Sorry it took so long!” Alicia calls, running down the stairs with Rian in tow. “Alicia! You didn’t tell me you were dating Jack!” Hannah exclaims, still in Zack’s arms. “What? So! You didn’t tell me about Zack!” Alicia replies. “Well true, but that’s different! I knew you’d tell Jack because he’s your best friend and then he might tell Alex, and sorry! But that’s great!” Hannah smiles at her. “We don’t have time for this, here Jack.” Alicia holds up the first aid kit in front of Jack. “Alex, I’m gonna let go now, are you going to be okay? I need to patch up your hand.” Alex nods, and Jack slowly lets go.
Alex doesn’t move, and Jack starts going through the first aid kit. He takes out a little bottle of peroxide and a pours some on a cotton ball, before pressing it on Alex’s wounds. Alex makes a face as it fizzes. Jack wipes it off and puts neosporin and a few band aids on it. “There, all better.” Jack smiles at Alex, whose eyes soften a bit. “Are we all calm now?” Alicia asks, getting nods of approval from everyone in the room. “Finally. Thank God.” Alicia slumps on the couch, next to Rian who doesn’t look at her. Instead, he says, “Well, since we’re all sharing secrets here, I might as well put it out there that us four are starting a band and we’re kicking out Hannah and Alicia.” “What?!” Alicia and Hannah exclaim simultaneously. “Rian! Did you have to bring that up right now?” Zack questions, glaring at him. “Sorry, I felt kinda left out. Everyone else was either sharing secrets or getting angry or both, so I might as well...” He replies. “When did you guys decide this? Why didn’t you tell me? You know I hate surprises! Especially sucky ones like this!” Hannah says, letting go of Zack, who doesn’t know what to say. “And Jacky, we’ve been dreaming of being a band together since we met! That was forever ago! You can’t tell me your bailing on me now!” Alicia looks at Jack, her eyes brimmed with tears as her heart feels the weight of crushed dreams. “Sorry! We weren’t going to TOTALLY exclude you just...” “Yes we were, but none of us wanted to tell you guys.” Rian cut off Jack; he seemed a little pissed at something, but no one really knew what. “Fine. Be that way, we don’t need you. Come on Alicia, let’s go.” Hannah growls. Alicia blinks a few times and follows after Hannah as she does a dramatic hair flip and stalks out of the basement.
“Wait, Hannah!” Zack runs after them, hating that he somehow screwed this up without knowing it. “Things change, I’m sorry!” Jack is close behind Zack, looking almost as distraught as Zack sounds and Rian jumps up from the couch to follow after, not wanting to miss any of the fun. Alex stays behind though, watching them go. When Alex knows he’s finally alone, he runs his hand through his hair and whispers to himself, so quietly even he can barely hear, “Well, if everyones gonna share a secret, I might as well share mine...I think I have a crush on Jack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Gahhh, sorry it took so long, doing homework for school and stuff :p Google docs hates us too. I feel so awkward typing it while I know my partner-in-crime is watching me! For any of you Marianas Trenchers out there, if Matt(king of awkward) and Ian(he looks like a turtle to me)(no offense to him) ever had a kid, it would be me haha... ~Alicia
THANKS TO THE 3 COMMENTERS! I LOVE YOU! KEEP THOSE COMMENTS COMIN’ OR I’LL EAT YOU!! xoxoHannah