Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Eleven

Lisa P.O.V.

I was about to kill Alex when he left me to talk to Rian. I hated Rian he was so irritating and annoying like all he cares about is Kara and drumming, he’s just boring. Thank the lord he walked away as soon as the bell rang.

I on the other hand slowly made my way to class smiling at the people I liked and glaring at the ones I didn’t. I walked past Jack and his new girlfriend Jess, they were being cute and giggling it was gross. I never liked Jess she was more boring than Rian except she was kind of mysterious like no ones really knows why she left Australia and no ones ever asks why...?

Jack saw me and ignored me which was rude, I mean I was his best friends girlfriend but oh well I never liked Jack anyway he had too much energy and he wasn’t that funny. Come to think of it I didn't really like any of Alex’s friends apart from Zack he was very attractive and didn’t irritate me by talking all the time.

As I got to my class I realised I had forgotten one of the books I needed so I excused myself and made my way back to my locker. When I was walking down the hallway I heard someone yelling so I stopped to listen.

It was Kara and she was yelling at Alex, I think. Well that’s who it sounded like. I couldn’t hear properly because they got quieter almost at a whisper. I got closer to the corner they were standing at but made sure I was still hidden.

“You do realize you are talking about my girlfriend and your friend?” What she was talking about me! I leaned in closer to hear exactly what she was saying.

“They’re your words not mine. I believe you said something on the lines of she is the devil I will never ever date her again” WHAT? Alex called me the devil? What the fuck he said he loved me! At that moment I wanted to turn that corner and slap Alex across the face but I didn’t, I wanted to know what he really thought more.

“I’m sorry okay. It’s just I don’t know. You told me to get a distraction so I” I’m a distraction to him? Then my anger flared inside of me and I wanted to scream at him how dare he use me as a distraction.

“Oh my god Alex when I said distraction I meant learn a new song on guitar or write a song or join the football team or even find a new girlfriend not date Lisa! Again!” Why not date Lisa again?

“Yeah well I didn’t know that and Lisa is just I don’t know! She is a good distraction”A good distraction? wow this boy was going to really get it.

“Alex you can’t just use Lisa like that it’s so wrong.” I knew Kara was a good friend.

“I know Kara but I just don’t know what to do I just love I um I mean like Jess so much and I can’t have her and I don’t know what to do because she’s all I think about and I don’t know.”

Shocked. I was completely and utterly shocked. How could he? He has never even told me he loves me and I knew he did, how couldn’t he? I stopped listening to their conversation after that, I couldn’t concentrate I had too many things running through my mind.

Did he just say he loves her? What the actual fuck he is meant to love me! How can she or it be all he thinks about he should be thinking about me! I am so much prettier and skinner than that whore! Damn right he can’t have her because I have him! Whats Jack going to do when he finds out, it will destroy their entire relationship Alex will be crushed. That boy will be sorry he ever used me as a distraction.

I stood there in shock for what seemed like forever and then Kara turned the corner and looked mortified.

“Did you hear all that?” She asked me. I shook my head saying yes I wasn’t able to put a sentence together just yet, I was still too shocked.

Kara looked terrified I went to turn around and walk away from her. We were not friends anymore.

“Lisa wait!” She yelled after me, I turned around and starred at her did she really think she could tell me what to do?

“Don’t you mean devil?” I asked glaring at her, her facial expression changing to guilt.

“Oh you heard that”

“Yeah I did, I also heard the part where Alex is onlny using me as a distraction oh and the part where he is in love with his best friends girlfriend!” I yelled I was angry, very angry.

“Lisa Shh! Do you know what could happen if people found out? If Jack knew?” I laughed how could I not know.

“Of course I do and that’s why I am on my way to tell Jack everything. He doesn’t deserve to have a best friend trying to steal his girlfriend no matter how annoying he is.”

“Lisa you can’t do that! You know how angry Jack would be! It could ruin their entire friendship! You know Alex thinks of Jack like a brother he would be devastated”

“Well he should have thought about that before using me!” I yelled trying to storm off again but Kara grabbed my arm and turned me around so we were face to face.

“Lisa think about this before you do anything. Alex will hate you for this, you two will never be together again if you do. Everyone will hate you for ruining Jack and Alex’s friendship. Besides Alex isn’t even trying to steal his girlfriend, he trying to put those feelings aside and letting Jack have the girl!. He is trying to do the right thing unlike you.” She said starring me in the eyes.

“He used me. I don’t like being used"

Kara P.O.V.

Lisa stormed away form me and this time I let her go. There was nothing I could do now it was all up to Lisa and her conscience, if she had one. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent Alex a text. He had to know what was going on and be prepared for what was about to happen.

To:Alex
From: Kara
Alex we have a problem Lisa heard our conversation and now she is going to tell Jack everything! I tried to stop her but I don’t know if it worked just be ready. Good luck.


Alex P.O.V.

I had been sitting in class about to drift off to sleep when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I slyly pulled it out and used my books to cover it from the teachers sight. It was from Kara. When I finished reading it, my heart stopped beating and I felt like I was about to throw up. She couldn’t tell Jack he would hate me forever.

He can’t hate me! He's my brother we have been through everything together since we were like 9. I seriously don’t know what I would do without him. He is going to be so angry holy fuck. If i was dating Jess and Jack liked her I would not be happy either and Jack is already angry at me! Today before school he wouldn’t even look at me let alone speak. I replied to Kara with a simple 'fuck.' It was everything that needed to be said in one word.

For the rest of the day I was shaking because I was so nervous. I needed to find Lisa before she found Jack. I needed to apologize and tell her what I did was wrong and that doing this would only hurt Jack.

Finally the bell went signaling it was lunch. Kara was waiting outside my classroom, we decided we were both going to talk to Lisa calmly and if that didn’t work we would use blackmail. We raced through the hallways maneuvering through the crowds of people. We sprinted to Jack's locker but we were too late.

I was standing a few meters away from Jack and he looked so angry. I wanted to sprint in the other direction but I didn’t I stood there. I was going to listen to whatever Jack was going to say, I deserved all of it every single bit of hate.

Jack started to walk towards Kara and I. I was shitting myself. I don’t even know why it’s not like his going to hit me, or was he?

Jack P.O.V.

Finally the bell went letting me know I could finally eat again, and be with Jess. I walked out of my classroom and was making my way to my locker when someone tapped me on the back. I was expecting to see Jess when I turned around but to my disappointment it was Lisa. Ew.

“Jack!” She said in an extremely happy voice.

“Hey Lisa” I said turning back around continuing my walk to my locker sadly she followed me.

“Jack I really need to tell you something” Ughhhhh why

“Can it wait? I need to find Jess and I’m really hungry” I said hoping to get out of the conversation that was sure to be about Alex. He was my best bud but not right at this moment.

“No actually it involves that” She said as if implying something

“What food?” I asked having no idea what she was trying to lead into.

“No Jess” When she said that we arrived at my locker and Jess was standing there, waiting for me which brought a smile to my face.

“What about me?” Jess asked joining the conversation

“Yeah what about my beautiful girlfriend?” I said winking at Jess, her cheeks flushed a slight pink as she smiled shyly.

“You two are just too cute” Lisa said with jealousy and a hint fakeness dripping off every word.

“Anyway what did you have to tell me about Jess? I’m really hungry so hurry up please” I said begging Lisa to just spit it out already.

“Oh right well Jack I don’t know how to say this but Jess and Alex have been hooking up behind your back like the whole time you have been dating and Alex broke up with me because he said he was too in love with Jess to be with me anymore. And you know how much I value our friendship so I thought I should tell you because I really care for you Jack and what Alex and Jess are doing you don’t deserve. You can get better than that, trust me.”