Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Twenty-Two

Jack P.O.V.

The feeling of someone hitting my head with a baseball bat pulled me out of my peaceful sleep. I awoke only to realise no one was hitting me it was just a very bad headache. Before I could even attempt to open my eyes I knew I was going to have a killer hangover. I stayed there, lying still on my side with my eyes closed for 5 minutes avoiding the inevitable sunlight.

Finally when I felt I had gained enough strength, I slowly preyed my eyes open to realise I wasn’t in my room. I slowly scanned my eyes over the room trying to figure out where I was. It didn’t take long to know I was in Alex’s room. The blues walls and band posters were a dead give away but why or how did I end up here?

I shot up out of bed before falling straight back down again. My head wasn’t prepared for the rapid movement. I rolled around on the bed holding my head and cussing. I stopped when I heard someone walk into the room.

“Hey I thought you might need this.” Alex said half smiling and handing me a glass of water with two tylenols. I took them from him without saying a word.

He sat at the end of the bed starring at me. It was so awkward. Neither of us knew what to say when finally Alex broke the silence.

“So aren’t you wondering why you’re here?”

“My head hurts too much to wonder.” We both laughed and a little bit of the tension was released but that didn’t mean I didn’t hate him.

“Haha Yeah well last night you were at some party and Dan from math called me at like 1am and told me you were passed out and said I should come and get you so I did.”

“Oh yeah I remember the party but I don’t remember you picking me up.”

“Haha yeah didn’t think you would. When I got there I couldn’t find you but I found Lisa and then I found you.” I looked at him confused how is finding Lisa relevant to finding me?

“You were hooking up with her when I got there.” Alex said answering my question, looking at anything in the room but me.

Fuck! I told myself I wouldn’t stoop to his level but I did.

“Oh sorry. I wouldn’t have done it if I wasn’t off my face” I said apologetically.

“Yeah don’t worry about it.” Alex said shaking it off as nothing. It probably was nothing to him, he wasn’t in love with Lisa nor dating her. It went back to the awkward silence and the tension immediately returned as well as my anger but this time I broke the silence.

“So what’s your excuse?” I asked, Alex looked at me as if I was speaking another language.

“What do you mean…?”

“Well I kissed your ex girlfriend who you never loved because I was drunk and I don’t even remember doing it. Why did you fuck my girlfriend? Who I love?” I was being harsh but I needed to get it off my chest.

“Jack” Alex sighed and burried his hands in his head.

“What? Did you really think I would forget? Or that I would just let it go because you picked me up from one fucking party? Because I have done that countless tim-”

“No! I didn’t think that and if you really want to get into it now then fine! One I didn’t fuck her! I want to but I didn’t! and TWO I said I was fucking sorry!”

“How the fuck am I meant to believe that? You lie about everything! You have always been the shittiest friend Alex! I was always there for you. Whenever you and Lisa broke up or family stuff and how do you repay me? By fucking my girlfriend!”

“I DIDN’T FUCK HER!”

We were both started yelling at one another. We brought up fights we had had when we were ten. Almost everything we were saying was pointless. None of it even invloved Jess but we just kept going. It wasn’t until Alex’s mum interrupted that we stopped.

“BOYS! What are you doing?” Mrs Gaskarth yelled over the two of us. We both shut up and turned to her. She looked upset… I guess she didn’t like her boys fighting. We were silent for a moment, not knowing what to tell her, She continued to look between the two of us.

“Nothing” Alex said not wanting to tell the truth. Typical.

“Yeah I was just leaving. Thanks for having me” I kissed her on the cheek as I walked past her and down the stairs. This may be the last time I’m in her house for a while.

Alex P.O.V.

“Jack wait! You can’t just leave it like this!” I called out to him as he was walking out the front door. He kept walking but suddenly stopped as if he had changed his mind.

“You’re right.” He said turning to face me, I was surprised he stopped but I couldn’t let him leave without resolving this fight so we could go back to being buds. I was already worn out from fighting and it had only been a few days.

“So…” I said hoping he’d get my hint.

“So to be honest right now I can’t even stand to be this close to you. I want to forgive you for what you did but I can’t. I can’t even imagine ever trusting you again. You really fucked things up and this time it’s going to take more than just an apology to get things back to normal, If they could ever get there.”

I was not expecting that. I was more thinking he would say I forgive you lets go back to normal and go fuck shit up at the mall not I am forever going to hate you. Jack turned around and began to walk away when I didn’t reply for a few moments, I was speechless.

“You’re really going to end this friendship over a girl? What happened to bros before hoes?” I yelled at him, I was angry, I thought I meant more to him than some girl that he had only known for three months! I think I also yelled at him for the slight hope that he would turn around and come back to start another argument at least then he wouldn’t have left.

But that didn’t happen he just kept walking not even looking back.

“JACK! You can’t do this!” I yelled this time with desperation and tears starting to run down my face. I quickly ran inside and up the stairs into my room. My mum tried to speak to me but I just ran straight past her. I locked my door and didn’t plan on coming out for a while.

I know I sound like a girl but Jack was my best friend since I was like a fetus! He meant everything to me. I told him everything and whenever something was wrong he was there for me. Who the fuck was I suppose to go to know? Rian was too pre-occupied with Kara and Zack was too out of it all the time to listen. Maybe Jack will come back, I mean he can’t stay away from me forever, we are in band together after all!

Jess P.O.V.

I wanted to sleep for the rest of my life. It was the only time I wasn’t thinking about Jack. I know this may sound dramatic but the past few days have been like shit without him. Maybe it’s because I don’t know if he'll come back or not.

Kara had attempted to spend every second with me but on Saturday night I sent her home but I wish I hadn’t. My mind got the worst of me and I had the marks on my wrist to prove it.

As soon as it happened I regretted my actions. It was stupid and Jack would hate me even more if he found out. Since then I hadn’t even felt the urge to do it. I guess this time everything was different. I had changed for the better thanks to someone who now wanted nothing to do with me.

Over the past couple of days I had thought a lot about everything and I had managed to come to no conclusion. I didn’t know what to do to make it up to Jack even though Kara thinks I owe him nothing. According to her I did nothing wrong Alex was the one that kissed me which was true but I did kiss him back.

That was the worst bit. I had kissed Alex back. Did that mean I had feelings for him? Or was it just a heat of the moment type thing? I couldn’t figure it out.

Jack still hadn’t even tried to speak to me. I was anxious to go to school tomorrow but I knew it would be the best thing to do. Maybe I could get a chance to speak to Jack and sort things out. It was unlikely but I could only hope for the best.

I spent the rest of my Sunday watching movies with Kara. I went home at 8 to go to sleep. I needed to be rested for school tomorrow. There was going to be drama and lots of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wasn't going to post a chapter for while because I had so much work but you guys left so many comments and I felt like I owed you a chapter so here it is! I know all of you wanted Alex and Jack to be friends again but where's the story in that? I love you all so much and remember to comment subscribe and recommend!! x