Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirty

Jess P.O.V.

“Hey” The voice on the other line said nervously.

“Ah It’s Jack.” It hesitated. I already knew who it was, I knew that voice anywhere. I was just shocked to be hearing it. I never thought in a million years he'd be calling me again.

“Hey.” I said, not wanting to repeat his name infront of Alex.

“How are you?” He said awkwardly. I waited a minute before responding. Was he really calling me? After weeks of not speaking he is calling to see how I was?!

“You know what maybe this was a bad idea” He said after I didn’t reply.

“No! I’m okay, How are you?” I didn’t want Jack to hang up, I wanted to keep talking because I didn’t know when we would have the chance to talk again. Even though I was standing half naked in his best friend’s hallway I still wanted to talk to him.

“I’m..I mean I.. I miss you.” He finally spat out. I felt the butterflies flutter in my stomach as the words left his lips and the guilt rise to gut.

“I miss you too” I said in barley a whisper for two reasons, I was still finding it hard to form sentences in my state of shock and I didn't want Alex to hear.

“Really? That’s so great!” Jack said cheerfully which I could only laugh at. “I mean it’s not good that you miss me but it is because that means you still like me?” I nodded my head not remembering Jack couldn’t see me through the phone.

“Why don’t we meet up and talk about this? I can come to your house?”

“No!” I said in a panic. I wasn’t at my house right now and I didn’t want Jack to know where I was. I knew I’d have to tell him but I wanted to do it in person, not over the phone.

I organised to meet up with him at the park in an hour meaning I would have to leave Alex’s straight away. We said our goodbyes as I walked into Alex’s room. He was now wearing pants and walking around his room searching for something.

“Who was that?” he asked curiously as he found a top to wear.

“Um it was my mum, She didn’t know where I was so now I have to go home” I said quickly thinking of an excuse to leave.

“I thought you called her last night? When we were in the car?’ He questioned, clearly confused.

“Oh yeah I did, didn’t I? Well I guess she must have forgotten!” I said picking up the rest of my clothes trying to get out of there before anymore questions were asked.

Alex came up behind me and placed his hands on my hips, placing light kisses along my neck. Without thinking I quickly squirmed out of his grip. It felt wrong having Alex hold me when I just spoke to Jack. He gave me a confused look putting his hands up in a defensive pose.

I continued to get dressed as Alex sat on his bed. He looked like he was thinking hard, Alex thinking was never a good sign.

“Jess?” I turned to look at him, he was now standing.

“Yeah?” I said walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist attempting to make up for my actions before. He smiled and returned to gesture.

“Who was really on the phone?” He asked looking me in the eyes. He must have seen the flash of worry and guilt that came across my face as he loosened his grip, taking a few steps back.

“Jess who was on the phone?” He repeated his question, this time sounding annoyed. I didn’t answer him, I just turned my gaze to the ground.

“It was him wasn’t it?” He asked jealousy dripping off every word. I didn’t have a chance to answer him before he stormed out of the room and down the stairs, I followed him into the lounge room. He sat on the lounge with his head in his hands pulling at the hair. I stayed quit.

“What did he want?” Alex said softly, I didn’t answer until he looked up at me. He deserved an answer.

“He.. He said he missed me”

“And?”

“And that he wants to meet up and talk about it, us” Alex rose in anger.

“What so you sleep with me and then run back to your boyfriend! Is that how it is? You just use me for sex or something!” He yelled obviously hurt.

“It’s not like YOU haven’t used someone for sex before!” I yelled back to which made Alex look guilty. “And No! I don’t know what I am going to do!” I yelled.

“Well who do you want to be with?!” He screamed.

“I don’t know!” I yelled back in frustration, tears starting to appear.

“Yes you do! Don’t say that! Tell me who you want to be with!” He yelled walking over to me.

“I don’t know!” I repeated holding my head.

“Fine! I’ll make it easy for you! Leave! Go! Get out! Go to your precious Jack. Let’s see if he wants you after you tell him about last night!” Alex screamed at me. I looked at him shaking my head. He didn’t mean that, He couldn’t but I did as I was told and ran out that door.

“Jess wait! I didn’t mean that!” Alex yelled after me. I stopped and turned around to see him running towards me.

“Alex what do you want?!” I had had enough, I was already emotionally and physically drained and it was only 10am.

“You. I want you. I was an idiot back there I was just angry, I didn’t mean it. Don’t do it. Don’t throw this away. We can be something, I need you Jess please. Jack had his chance let me have mine!” Alex pleaded with me, taking me in his arms. He held me tight. I just shook my head shrugging my shoulders letting the tears freely flow down my cheeks.

Then Alex crashed his lips to mine in a kiss of desperation and passion. When he pulled away I was speechless. I untangled myself from his grip and just started to run.

I turned back to see a lost boy standing on the side of the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I really really hate my writing in this chapter and it's really short but I don't have time to change it so I'm sorry next chapter will be better! I'm also thinking of changing to writing in the third person for the next chapter because it will just make life easier so yeah don't be surprised if it is. How is everyone? Thanks for the comments they're are so great and really encourage me to write more. So keep commenting and subscribing and recommending!!

love xxx

P.S. I'm starting to write a taylex fic but it won't be regularly updated for another week or two, If you like taylex read it if you oppose it don't :)