Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirty-Two

‘Do you love him?” The question continued to run through Jess’ head as Jack sat patiently waiting for an answer.

Did she love him? She couldn’t, could she? At first the question seemed ridiculous. Jess couldn’t love Alex. They had only slept together once and for the majority of time they’ve known each other he had ignored her. She couldn’t love him because she loved Jack. Right?

Then again who said you couldn’t love two people at once?

Jess had been able to open up to Alex and tell him every dark detail about her past, Something she hadn’t been able to do with Jack. That had to count for something didn’t it?

As the time went by Jack got more and more anxious about her answer. To be honest when he asked the question he was expecting a quick response of no. Even if she wasn’t a hundred percent sure, he thought she would at least lie to calm his nerves. Maybe this way was better, at least he’d know the truth.

A small part of him wished that Jess didn’t tell him about her and Alex’s night. That way he wouldn’t have this strong feeling of betrayal towards Alex. Jack hadn’t been the greatest friend lately but he was upset and for a damn good reason! Admittedly he may have taken it a little too far, Alex was trying hard to make amends. Jack just wouldn’t give him the time of day. He was hoping after sorting things out with Jess he could do the same with Lex. Forgive and forget.

Jack slowly started to realise that this was between more than just Jess and himself. He felt as if Alex should be here. This was now an official love triangle. In Jacks mind, Before the ball was in his court, he was the one who decided when he wanted to talk to the other two. he was the only one that could be mad but he took it too far. He pushed Jess into Alex’s arms.

Jess now had to make the decision. Jack or Alex?

“I… I don’t know.” Was all she said to pull Jack out of his deep thoughts. They both sat there neither knowing what to say next.

“Do you love me?” Jack whispered not knowing if he was ready to hear the answer.

”Yeah, I think. I mean I still have strong feelings towards you but who am I to say if it’s love or not? I’m not like the love queen or something I mean I know it used to be love because I said it but a lots changed and I don’t know I mean Yes. Yes I still love you.” Jack let out a soft chuckle as Jess rambled on, a sign that she was nervous but at least she still loved him. Well at least she thought she did.

“Do you still love me? I mean after everything?” Jess said looking at anything but Jack. He slowly intertwined their fingers once again.

“Yes, I don’t think I could ever not love you.” Jack said managing to make eye contact with a fidgety Jess.

-------
Alex sat locked in his room alone, regretting every single word he had said to Jess a little over an hour ago. The conversation kept replaying over and over in his head. He felt so used, Jess had just slept with him and left. Left to go meet up with his best friend.

Alex finally knew what it felt like to be on the other end of a ‘hit it and quit it’ and quite frankly, it sucked balls. How could he be so stupid to think that Jess could finally be his? Maybe Jess was just not meant for him.

He pushed Jess to hard. He pushed her right back into Jacks arms. He demanded answers she didn’t know, He yelled and screamed to the point where she finally broke. Telling her to leave was the worst thing he had ever done. He may as well have organised Jess and Jacks wedding!

He only said it in the hopes she would refuse and also because he was angry. He had just discovered he had been used. But had he really? Did Jess really sleep with him last night knowing she would wake up the next day and get a call from Jack asking to meet up to talk things through? No. Alex just wanted to know what Jess’ intentions were before the phone call. If Jack hadn’t have called, would Jess be sitting down stairs in Alex’s lap watching a movie? Or would she have left just as quickly?

Alex got up from his seat on the ground and walked over to his guitar leaning against the wall. He needed to do something in order to feel good, or at least sane again.

Two hours later and Alex’s song writing was interrupted by the sudden ringing of his phone coming from his bed. He ran over to it, hoping to catch it before it stopped. As he checked the caller ID he stood frozen for a second whilst a thousand thoughts ran through his head.

This phone call could go one of two ways. Alex could either be apologetic and beg for forgiveness or he could stand his ground and yell back. He didn’t have time to make a decision before he answered.

“Hello?” Alex took a seat on the bed, preparing himself for the outcome.

Jack paced back and forth in the park waiting for the a voice to come through the speaker. Jess had left a while ago, leaving Jack to sit in the park and think. She told him that she wouldn’t even consider picking either boy until they had worked out their issues. She refused to come between the two friends, again. Jack was some what pleased with her demand. He’d missed Alex, not being able to talk to him killed Jack. This was just the push he needed to pick of the phone and call him.

Jack and Jess could have easily just forgotten about Alex and been together but they couldn’t for two reasons. One, Jess couldn’t deny it, she did have feelings for Alex. And two if they did Jack knew him and Alex would never be the same. Jack was so deep in thought he didn’t realised the phone had been answered.

“Hello?” Alex repeated for the second time, thinking this call was a mistake and Jack had managed to butt dial him, it wouldn’t be the first time.

“Oh hey man.” Jack said in a nervous rush. It was odd, neither boy had ever felt awkward nor uncomfortable around one another… until now.

At that moment the same thought ran through both boys head and it scared them both
‘what if it’s never normal again’
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY! I HAVE HAD THIS CHAPTER WRITTEN FOR SO LONG AND I THOUGHT I ALREADY POSTED IT BUT I CLEARLY HADN'T AND NOW I FEEL BAD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG. I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I WILL POST A CHAPTER TOMORROW TO MAKE UP FOR IT!

Okay now that the apology is over please give me some feedback! It would make my day and also I really want to know it you prefer the chapters in third or first person? I can't decide and I like writing in both. It's important you tell me asap so I can begin writing the next chapter in the the majority of what everyone wants.

Thank you so much for reading xxxx