Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirty-Four

The next day Jess woke up, still tired. Last night she was restless and as soon as she managed to drift off to sleep she would awaken, what felt like seconds later. She kept tossing and turning which was irritating for Kara but she couldn’t help it. Her mind wouldn’t stop racing with thoughts of the two boys. She thought she had chosen but somehow she continued to second guess herself. She was beginning to wonder if she could ever choose.

When the clock read 5am Jess made the decision to get out of bed, that way she could allow Kara to sleep peacefully. There was no point in her staying there, she wasn’t going to get any sleep until everything was settled. She tip toed downstairs hoping not to wake any of her family members. She hadn’t spoken to any of them for a while and she liked it better that way.

Ever since she spoke to Alex about everything it felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders, it was one less person she was hiding from. Jess blamed her family for sisters death and the dark path she was forced to do down alone. If they had just cared and remembered their children Annie wouldn’t be dead and Jess wouldn’t have the scars she is now forced to live with. They were too self absorbed in their pointless fights to save their own children. And now that they moved to another country and bought her things they thought it made up for killing her only sister but it didn’t and it never would.

With out realising it, a few tears had shed from Jess’s eyes at the thought of her sister. Before she died they weren’t close, in all honesty she hated her sister. She had left when Jess needed her most but she couldn’t blame her for that. If Jess could she would’ve left as well. Jess chose to remember the Annie that she loved, the one she missed even before her death. The sweet innocent girl that was always so happy, not the self centered drug addict she ended up becoming. Jess wished she was here right now, giving her advice on what to do about Jack and Alex and telling her who to choose.

Jess just wanted to be told who to go with. She was happy with either option so she really didn’t mind, she just couldn’t pick herself. She didn’t want to be the reason behind someones heartbreak.

Hours later Kara woke to an empty bed. She looked around the room for the whereabouts of Jess but when she didn’t find her she got up and walked downstairs. As she expected she found Jess sitting on the lounge starring out the window in a daze. She called out her name a few times attempting to get her attention, when she didn’t respond Kara walked over and slapped her across the head.

”Ouch! What the fuck?” Jess said rubbing the side of her head. K

“I called your name like ten times but you were too spaced out to notice.” Jess rolled her eyes making room on the lounge for Kara to sit.

“So what were you thinking about?” Jess looked at Kara with her eyebrows raised and an expecting look.

“Ah I don’t know maybe why the sky is blue? What do you think?” She said in a mocking tone

“Oh Ha Ha very funny. So you still haven’t picked?’ Jess shook her head. To be fair they had only given her a day to make a major decision effecting three people!

“It’s so hard! I don’t want to break one of their hearts! Can you imagine their face when I tell them I don’t want to be with them.” Kara sat next to jess pulling her into a hug.

“I know it sucks but it’s even worse to keep them hanging like this.” Jess nodded she did have a point. The sooner she chose the better.

“Alright lets play a game to get your mind off things.” Kara suggested. Jess looked at her questionably but agreed to go along with it. Kara explained that she would ask a question and Jess would have to answer it as quickly as possible. Jess didn’t think it was a very fun game but she would do anything to take her mind off those boys.

“Blink 182 or Green Day?”
“Blink”
“Dogs or Cats?”
“Dogs”
“Sun or snow”
“Sun”
“Outside or Inside?”
“Outside”
“Sweet or Sour?”
“Sweet”
“Alex or Jack?”
“Alex”
________________________

“Aleeeeeeeeeeeeex!” Jack screeched as he ran over to the boy, something both Rian and Zack hadn’t really missed about their friendship.

“Jackoooooooooo” Alexed screamed mimicking his friend. They both smashed into each others arms, the force causing them to fall to the ground in a fit of laughter. Rian shook his head at the pair. “Well at least their friends again” He muttered leading Zack inside.

Once the other two managed to pick themselves up off the ground they followed and made their way down to the basement where they practiced.

The boys had tried hard to make their practice space look as cool as possible. Posters of their idols hung from the walls as well as a sign saying ‘ALL TIME LOW’ that they made one night out of bordem. There was an old lounge at the back of the room facing the ‘stage’ or the area in which the boys would stand in their usual formation. People would sit there when they came to watch the boys, It was usually just girlfriends or friends. Sometimes they would have their family come and listen to them trying to convince them that this was going to be a career and they didn’t need college.

“Lets get started!” Rian said taking his seat behind the drums. Zack, Jack and Alex all moved to get their guitars and quickly tune them. When everyone was ready they started to play their cover of The middle by Jimmy Eat World. They were a little rusty as they hadn’t played together for a few weeks, but after two songs they were sounding pretty good.

After their fourth song they decided to take a break and get some drinks. Zack and Rian walked upstairs while Jack took a seat on the lounge and Alex fiddled with his guitar. Jack's mind began to wonder back to Jess. He wondered when she’d be arriving but more importantly who she had chosen. Not surprisingly the same thought was racing through Alex’s head. Both of them were desperate for her love but they knew that only one could have it.

“Hey Lex?” Jack said needing to adress the elephant in the room. He didn’t want to cause an arguement but he knew that they had to talk about the 'Jess' situation. Alex looked up at Jack waiting for him to continue.

“You know we never really talked about everything. You know like Jess and stuff.” Alex just nodded his head suddenly becoming interested in his hands. He didn’t want to hurt Jack but he wanted Jess. Alex just nodded his head agreeing with Jack.

“Maybe we should?” Jack looked at Alex as he continued to play with his hands not verbally responding but once again nodding his head in agreement.

“And maybe you should talk” Alex laughed, he hadn’t realised he was yet to speak.

“Good point so… I should tell you something I kind of…” Alex knew he had to tell Jack he had slept with Jess. He just didn’t want him to get all angry again.

“You slept with Jess. I know she told me.” Jack said with no emotion to his voice. Alex couldn’t tell if he was mad, upset or angry about the whole thing but he thanked God he didn’t have to say those words to him.

“Right yeah well I really like her Jack.” Alex said not daring to look at Jacks reaction.

“Same. That’s why we’re letting her choose.” Alex was shocked at how calm and understanding Jack was being. He was expecting more of a ‘I had her first she’s mine’ thing but it wasn’t. Jack was doing this fairly and Alex was great full for that.

Rian and Zack came back down the stairs with drinks in their hands for the other two. They had overheard what Jack had said on their way down and knew that the atmosphere would be tense. Rian took a seat on the ground leaning against the wall while Zack sat next to Jack on the lounge. The boys were all silent for a change, no one knowing what to say.

Rian was still worried that even after Jess chose it would just cause an even larger divide between them. The one she didn't chose would just be constantly jealous of the one she did and it would never work. The band would suffer and Rian wasn’t willing to risk his life’s success for a band that didn’t communicate properly. As Rian pondered the thought of what life would be like without this band his phone began to vibrate.

To: Ri
From: Kara <3
Be there in 15 x

Rian informed the guys on the girls arrival time as he watched both Jack and Alex checking their phones for a message. Each probably hoping Jess had texted them the same thing. By the look of disappointment on both their faces Rian assumed neither of them had received the message.

“Why do you two look so nervous?” Zack asked clearly unaware of the decision Jess would be announcing upon her arrival. Jack and Alex’s heads immediately shot up looking around the room until they made eye contact, Rian rolled his eyes at the foolish bass player.

“Because Jess is picking one or the other today you idiot” Rian hissed.

“Fuck, so you mean in two hours these two won’t be talking again?” Zack whined looking between Jack and Alex.

“No because right now they are going to agree that their friendship and this band is more important than some stupid girl”

“She’s not stupid!” Jack and Alex both yelled in unison to which Zack and Rian rolled their eyes at.

“But I agree with Rian. This friendship comes first. Whoever she chooses is final and the other person must be civil and respect that.” Alex said sounding a lot more mature than anyone expected him to be.

“Agreed” Jack said nodding his head.

“Shake on it!” Zack demanded.

“We don’t shake. We hug.” Alex yelled launching himself on to the couch landing on Jack. The room was filled with laughter which was abruptly stopped when there was a knock at the door.

Rian sprinted up the staircase as the other three boys stayed quite downstairs.

“Remember bro whatever happens mates for life” Alex said fist bumping Jack.

To say both boys were nervous would be a drastic understatement. Both wanted Jess to be theirs forever but they knew only one could have her. Jack knew that no matter who she chose it would always be awkward between the boys. There would always be that underlying feeling of jealousy between them.The right thing to do would be to say neither boy could be with her but Jack couldn’t live not knowing what could have been.

Rian came back down the stairs with Kara following close behind him. Both boys waiting for Jess to come into view and when she didn’t they were confused and a little scared. Kara looked at them sitting together on the lounge feeling sorry for the one Jess hadn’t chosen.

After everyone said their hellos to Kara, Jack finally voiced the question that was on everyones mind.

“Where’s Jess?”
♠ ♠ ♠
BIT OF A CLIFF HANGER! LOVE MEEEE. So I know i said this chapter would say who she chose but it got too long so I had to make two chapters! I will hopefully update again in like a day and that chapter will definitely be who she picks!

Sad news, this story is almost over :( I still haven't decided if i want to make a sequel or not/ what it will be about, I'm still contemplating

ALSO I have some ideas for two other stories so I might start writing them soon!

Thank you for the comments keep em' coming! And remember to subscribe and recommend!! xx