Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirty-Seven

Four Months Later.

“Hello?” Jack said groggily through the phone. Seconds ago he was peacefully sleeping.

”Jack wake up!” Alex yelled at his best friend who was clearly still in a sleepy daze.

“Why?” Jack whined resembling a four year old child as he slowly sat up rubbing his eyes

“Iunno, you told me to call you and wake you up. Remember?” Jack immediately jumped out of bed and put some clothes on suddenly remembering where he was meant to be. He hung up on Alex before running down the stairs trying his hardest not to trip and fall.

Jack ran past his mother who was sitting at the table eating breakfast, and out the door. He started his car before quickly reversing and driving/speeding into town.

Today was going to be a very busy day for the young guitarist. The band had a really important meeting with a record label that was interested in signing them. All the boys were extremely nervous and all praying that it went well, if it did it meant that they actually had a chance at ‘making it’.

Someone that worked for the label had come to one of their shows and praised them for their talents. He asked to have meeting with them suggesting February the 14th as the date. All boys agreed without a second thought, Jack clearly forgetting that was Valentines Day.

Not until his mother informed him of the days importance a week prior, did Jack realise he was going to have to do something extra special for Jess to make up for his absence.

The past four months had been great between them, maybe even better than before. They both knew what it was like to lose the other and neither wanted to go through that pain again. For the first few weeks it was kind of awkward. Neither wanted to offend the other and it felt like they were walking on egg shells around each other but that quickly went away after the first date.

The pair had had their fair share of arguments but none of them were serious and barely lasted more than a day.

Jack finally arrived at the closest flower shop to his house. Getting out of the car he rushed into an extremely busy shop. He wasn’t expecting it to be so full. Then again it was Valentines day. The line almost went out the door. Jack groaned as he went to the end of it and tried to wait patiently. The meeting was at 12:30 and it was currently 10:15, at this rate he would only be able to see Jess for five minutes. He sighed in frustration as he sent Jess a long and meaningful text.

Jack was never the kid to ‘believe’ in love nor did he not believe in it. He just never really thought about it. He never thought there would be just one person for everyone. He wasn’t like Alex who was always thinking about who he loved or who he was going to love next, he just thought love would come when it was meant to.

He sure as hell didn’t think he’d find it at such a young age but Jack did really love Jess, with all his heart. He didn’t know it was possible to feel this way about one person or for that person to feel the same way. They both knew they were too young to think about forever but that’s what it felt like for them. That’s why Jack gave her that ring. He was determined to keep his promise to her. The best thing about Jack and Jess was that they both loved one another just as much as the other.

Jack could imagine himself growing old with Jess, buying a house together, having children, buying a dog. They would be the classic family the only difference is Jack would tour the world and Jess would hopefully come with him.

The pair hadn’t spoken about their future yet but the conversations was inevitable. School was almost finished and hopefully after todays meeting Jack would be set to go on a tour but what did that mean for Jess?

Unlike Jack, These thoughts had consumed Jess’ mind for the past month or so and were currently. As she rolled around in bed not wanting to get up just yet she pondered her future. Jess still wasn’t completely sure what her plan was when she graduated school. In Australia most kids took a gap year which just meant travelling the world and geting drunk in different countries but that didn’t sound as appealing to Jess as it used to.

She had applied to different colleges and was hoping to get accepted to NYU. She had always wanted to live in New York. Ever since she was a young child and NYU seemed like the perfect school for her. It had an amazing journalism course that would allow her to work at any publication, If she managed to get in and graduated.

Jess hadn’t told Jack about her plans to move to New York yet. It’s not that she was hiding them from him, he just never asked. She wanted to stay with Jack but she knew if this meeting went well it would be hard. Jack would be on tour for most of the year while Jess would be in New York studying. A long distance relationship was hard work and she didn’t want to be holding Jack back.

She supported Jack and his dreams of touring the world. She knew he had an amazing future ahead of him. She just didn’t know if she was apart of it. Before her concerns could cause any more harm she felt her phone vibrate from under her pillow.

To: Jess
From: Jacko <3
Mornin’ Baby girl! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! <3 <3 I’m really sorry I can’t spend the day treating you like a princess but I promise I will make it up to you! I will come over tonight as soon as the meeting is over. Hopefully I will have some good news! I love you so much, I really am the luckiest guy to have you and I know one day that I will replace that ring with something better ;) xxxx


The loving text managed to melt away Jess' worries. The simple words made her forget likely hood of their relationship surviving. They loved each other and wanted to be together, forever.

But was love always enough?
♠ ♠ ♠
:( What do you reckon? Will Jack and Jess survive??

Sooooo I haven't updated in while but I have been busy with christmas and new year and didn't have time to write. I stil feel bad so i might post another chapter tomorrow but I'm not promising anything!

There was a slight lack in comments last chapter which made me really upset :( I love hearing what you guys have to say! It actually makes my day! So please comment

Side note I have heaps of story ideas so when I finish this I might take a break and start writing an Alex fic before I write the sequel but I'm also really keen to write the sequel so i might just write them all together!

Side side note for the people that read my taylex story I've had a lack of inspiration there but Hopefully i will have a new chapter up tonight as well!!

I LOVE YOU ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! xxxx