Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirty-Eight

The boys walked out of the meeting room with smiles on their faces. They had done it, their dreams were so close to being achieved. It took a lot of convincing of both the parents and record label but the four boys had convinced both that this was the right choice. The boys and their parents stood outside the office building chatting about what had just happened. The boys were jumping around in excitement they couldn’t believe what had just happened.

As Jack stood there with his three best friends he couldn’t help but feel like someone was missing…JESS! He had completely forget he still had to go see her. He raced over to his mother asking he if he could quickly go over there. She was reluctant to agree seeming as it was nearing 8pm but she said yes anyway. It was valentines day after all.

Jack thanked his mother and gave her a kiss on the cheek before running off to his car. He drove down the familiar streets with a huge grin on his face. He couldn’t wait to spend the summer on tour and hopefully with Jess. He had planned to ask her to come on the small tour they were already planning. It was going to last three week, only along the east coast. Regardless he was still more than excited.

As he pulled up to Jess house he sent her a text letting her know he was here. He got out of the car and ran up to her front door. He was about to knock when a petite blonde opened the door. Jacks smile grew wider it that was even possible as he wrapped his girlfriend in a tight hug puling away only to place a kiss on her lips.

“What’s gotten into you?” Jess said giggling as she lead Jack into the house and towards her room. Jack laughed as he took in Jess’ appearance. She was wearing pair of pajama shorts with a plain gray singlet. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wasn’t wearing any make up but she still managed to look adorable.

“Oh nothing, Just that my band got signed!” He with excitement, Jess stood there shocked before wrapping him in a hug trying to hide her disappointed expression.

“That’s so great Jack!” She said trying to sound as happy as she could but Jack wasn’t falling for it.

“Why aren’t you excited?” He said holding her at arms length. It wasn’t that Jess wasn’t excited, she was just scared of what this meant for them. They still hadn’t had the talk about the ‘future’ and Jack still had no idea about Jess’ New York dream.

“I am! This is such a good thing for you!” She said not wanting to get into an argument now. Jack looked at her skeptically. He knew she wasn’t happy and that just upset him. Why couldn’t she support him and his dreams?

“Jess seriously, Why aren’t you happy for me?”

“I a-”

“Is this because I didn’t spend the day with you?” Jess’ eyes popped out of her head.

“It was one fucking day Jess! What do you want from me?”

“Jack that’s not it I-” He wouldn’t let her finish her sentence.

“I do everything for you! The least you could do is support me! This whole relationship is me pleasing you! I buy you flowers or anything you want. I surprise you, I do everything and you can’t even be happy for me when my fucking band gets a record deal! Do you even realise how big this is!?”

Jack almost yelled growing frustrated.

He wasn’t just upset, he was angry. He tried so hard to make Jess happy each and everyday. And she couldn’t even be happy for him when he finally gets everything he’s every dreamed of? It was bullshit.

Jess was more than shocked from the guitarist’s outburst. She never asked him to do any of those things. He always did them on his own free will. She appreciated it and she told him everyday how much she did. He had no right to throw it back in her face.

“What the fuck Jack? I don’t ask you to do those things! If it is such a fucking hassle then don’t! See if I care! And I am happy for you! Get it through your fucking head!” She yelled back.

“I know you. And I know when you're lying. So why don’t you just tell me why you aren’t fucking happy for me? Give me one good reason why you can’t be happy for me?” Jack spat back at her.

“Fucking hell Jack it’s like you don’t want me to be happy for you! I am! I swear but I can’t help bu-”

“But what? You can’t help but what?” Jack said interrupting her once again.

“WORRY!” Jess yelled.

“Worry? About what?”

“About everything. About this relationship and how it’s going to last. I mean It’s just so fucking great that you get to tour the country sleeping with random sluts while I stay home and go to school? That sounds fucking fantastic!” Jess was fuming and let slip all the feelings she had kept bottled up for the past month or so. This wasn’t how she imagined she would be having this conversation with Jack.

“WHAT!? Since when was I sleeping with random sluts? You’re the cheater in this relationship! Not me!” He yelled but immediately regretted it as he saw the look on Jess’ face. She looked so heartbroken but quickly covered it with a look of pure hatred.

“Get. Out.” She spoke harshly, holding back tears.

“Gladly!” Jack said walking past her. “You know what the funny thing is?” He said turning around as he reached her door. “I came here to ask you to join me on tour. Luckily I didn’t because I’d be too busy fucking random sluts to even notice you!” He laughed bitterly as he walked out the door, not saying another word.

Jess collapsed on her bed, her body shaking with sobs as she curled up into a ball. She hadn’t expected Jack to react like that. She said she was happy but of course he had to push it. She was meant to be having a romantic evening with Jack, Not crying herself to sleep.

Jack stormed out of the house without looking back. He was furious with Jess. How could she be so selfish? He thought as he got in the car and sped away. She knew how much this meant to him. He left the celebrations his friends were having just to go have an argument with his girlfriend!

He sped through the empty streets of the suburban town making his way to the place he was hoping his friends would still be celebrating. As he pulled up to the house, he noticed the lights were still on and the soft hum of the music could still be heard. Jack just wanted to forget about everything, so he did the thing he knew best. Drink.

Jess sat curled in her blankets, letting the tears flow freely down her face. She wanted to call Kara so she could have someone to talk to but she knew she'd be with Rian, celebrating. So she called the next best thing. She knew it probably wasn't the best idea but she needed someone right now.

She crawled across her bed to find her phone. She dialed the familiar number and waited for someone to answer. She was about to hang up when someone picked up.

"Hello?" She could barley hear the voice on the other end. There was loud music and yelling in the background.

"Hey" Jess spoke softly.

"Jess? Give me a sec to find somewhere quite" He said clearly moving away from the loud noise.

"ALEX WHER ARE YOU GOING? I NEED MORE ALCOHOL!!" She heard her boyfriend yell in the background. That brought on a whole new stream of tears. Of course Jack would turn to drinking.

"Okay I can hear you now. What's up?" Jess tried to respond but instead of words a sob escaped her throat.

"Jess are you okay?" Alex asked, panic taking over his voice.

"No, Jack is such a dick and-"

"Say no more. I'm on my way over. Please don't do anything stupid. I'll be there as soon as I can." Alex promised as he hung up the phone and called a cab. He had had far too many beers to drive. He wanted to get to Jess' as quickly as possible, he was scared she would do something she would regret.

The thought of self harm hadn't even crossed Jess' mind, she just wanted someone to comfort her and she knew Alex could.
♠ ♠ ♠
"OKAY SO THIS MAY SOUND REALLY REALLY DUMB BUT...

I kind of regret making jess choose jack even though i love them together i feel for the sequel that alex is the more appropriate choice so the sequel may change to jess choosing alex and then go from there

OR
I can delete the last couple of chapters make her choose alex and then go from there????"

The thing above is something that i posted earlier. I decided what i am going to do but your opinion and feedback is still appreciated! Enjoy the new chapter lovelies xx