Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirty-Nine

Jack stared at the back of his girlfriends head as she shamelessly flirted with the boy sitting next to her. He knew she was doing it in spite of him but it still annoyed the hell out of him. Alex sat next to Jack laughing at Jess’ successful attempt to piss Jack off.

A week had past since the fight and neither Jack or Jess had even made an attempt to speak to one another. Everyone in the group thought it was stupid but neither wanted to be the first to ‘cave’. They both just continued to do things they knew would annoy each other. The fight was entertaining to the rest of the group but deep down both Jack and Jess were hurt.

In the beginning Jack refused to even glance at Jess first. He was always the one that ran after her after they had even the smallest disagreement but not this time. He was still hurt that Jess didn’t support him and she had no right to be angry at him. She also had no reason not to trust him. He had always been faithful and never given her a reason to doubt his loyalty. He knew he said some mean things but it was in the heat of the moment. She shouldn’t have taken it to heart. Well at least that’s what he thought.

Jess on the other hand had taken those comments straight to heart. Jack said he had forgiven her for the ‘cheating’ but he clearly wasn’t over it if he thought she would do it again. In reality she didn’t actually cheat on Jack. Alex kissed her not the other way round but that’s old news. She thought they were past that but clearly not. She knew she had to talk to Jack but she couldn’t. At least not until the he apologized first.

The only thing the pair hadn’t thought about was time. They were running out of it. Soon Jack would be on tour and Jess would be alone. The longer they kept ignoring each other the shorter their time was together. Of course both Rian and Kara tried to explain it to them but they weren’t listening. They were both too stubborn for their own good. Neither realised how little time they actually had left and how precious it really was.

“Hey Alex?” Jess said catching Jacks attention. “Would you be able to help me with question 2?” She said leaning over the back of her chair and getting a little too close to Alex and letting her cleavage show.

Alex just shook his head lightly. “I am not being dragged into this” He said putting his hands up in surrender. It was clear Jess was only asking Alex for help to annoy Jack further. She was clearly the best at maths out of the three of them and has never asked for help from them before. Alex had been trying extremely hard to stay out of the fight after that night. When he went to Jess' he tried hard to put his feelings aside and comfort her. Instead he just realised how much he still loved her so he vowed to stay away. It was the best for everyone.

Jack just glared at her as she turned around and began talking to the boy next to her again. She kept stroking her hand up and down his arm. He had had enough so he got up and walked towards Katie. A girl he knew Jess didn’t like.

“Hey Katie” Jack said overly loud making sure Jess heard. She did and immediately snapped her head in their direction. She watched as Jack spoke to her and made the girl laugh hysterically. The noise made Jess’ blood boil with jealousy. Jack was playing dirty. She knew, he knew she hated Katie.

As the bell rang indicating the end of school Jess stormed out of the maths class first. Leaving Jack to walk by himself. He quickly caught up with her and continued to walk three steps behind her. He may have been ignoring her but that didn’t mean the rest of the male student body was. He wanted to make sure no one hit on her while she wasn’t attached to his side.

As he skillfully hid himself, he watched her drop her books when someone bumped in to her. He walked over to help her pick them up but someone beat him to it. He watched as Josh the captain of the football team helped her gather her things. Jack knew Jess and every other girl in the school had a slight crush on Josh so when they began to talk Jack panicked and rushed over. He interrupted their conversation as Josh asked what she was doing Saturday night.

“Her boyfriend.” Jack said answering the question before Jess could. He quickly grabbed her by the arm and continued to walk in the direction of her locker

“Hey let go!” Jess said trying to squirm out of Jacks grip which was surprising gentle but firm.

“Gladly” Jack said releasing her from his grip.

“Fine then I’ll gladly go back and talk to Josh” Jess turned around to walk back in the other direction.

“Ah no you don’t” Jack said pulling her back “Just because we are in a fight doesn’t mean you can go around trying to get dates! We are still together!”

“Well maybe you should apologize so we can finally talk!” Jess spat.

“Not this time baby! You apologize and then we can talk!”

“Ugh this is so stupid!” Jess said stomping her foot in frustration and slamming her locker.

“Call me when you realise you’re being a dick!” She said storming towards the exit.

“Same goes for you Sweety!” Jack called after her disappearing figure which made her flick him off.

Jack quickly went to his locker. He threw all his books in and shut it before making his way to the front gates where he met Alex and Rian. The boys had another meeting with their label today. It was nothing big just going over some dates for their first tour. Regardless the boys were still excited.

The four boys pilled into the small room awaiting the news of when they would finally be able to ‘hit the road’ as Alex liked to say. The listened intently as the person started to go through the important parts of a tour and what it is that they were hoping to achieve when finally he got to the part they wanted.

“Your first tour will be sooner than expected. We’ll have to talk to your parents about it because it’s during school but hopefully they’ll be okay with it.” The label manager said.

“That isn’t a problem!” Alex piped up causing a smirk to spread across his face.
“When does it start?” Rian said slapping Alex on the arm. He wanted them to at least seem professional.

“Next Monday. So you better get packing.” Jacks eyes popped out of his head. NEXT WEEK? That was only three days away! Now he really felt like an idiot for fighting with Jess. In three days time he would be going away and leaving her for…

“How long’s the tour?” Jack asked sounding a little scared.

“That’s the problem. It’s a three month tour but you’ll be back in time for graduation. I promise”

THREE MONTHS Jack nearly chocked on his own saliva. How could he leave Jess in three days for three fucking months! She was going to hate him for already wasting a week. He should have listened to Rian when he said their time was running out.

The manager continued to run off important information but Jack didn’t listen he was too busy hating himself for fighting with Jess. After this meeting finished he was going straight to Jess’ house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second last chapter!

<3 <3 <3