Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Forty: Final Chapter

Jack frantically knocked on the door, thinking the harder he hit the door the faster it would open. He had raced from the record label to Jess’ house trying to get here as fast as he could. He needed to fix this mess he had created. The sooner the better.

He still couldn’t believe in three days time he would be on a real tour. Usually, Jack would be excited at the thought of touring but this time he was more anxious. He would be gone for three months and three months was a long time to be without Jess. If he could he would bring her with him but he knew she had school.

“I’m coming! Calm Down!” Jess yelled through the door as she ran down the stairs. She was going to ignore the banging until it became to loud to drown out with her music. As she opened the door she was a little surprised to see Jack standing there. She thought he was really serious about the whole not giving in thing.

“So you’ve finally come to apologize” She said condescendingly, clearly not aware of what Jack had tell her. The whole drive here Jack had thought out what he was going to say and how he would approach the topic but standing there his mind went blank. So he did the thing he had been dying to do all week.

He crashed his lips to hers attempting to convey every feeling he had. Jess was caught off guard but was quick to respond, snaking her arms around his neck and pulling him close. They had both this. A week was far too long to be unable to hold each other. As Jack thought about how much he had missed this, he realised he wouldn’t be able to experience it for three fucking months.

Jack traced his tongue along Jess’ lip begging for entrance which she immediately granted. Their tongues fought for dominance as Jack’s hand moved down to the back of Jess’ thighs lifting her up. Her legs instinctively wrapped around Jacks waist as he leaned her against the wall. Lucky for them no one was home.

“I’m so fucking sorry” Jack said breaking the kiss, his lips leaving hers only to begin sucking on her neck. Jess’ head flung back in pleasure as she tangled her hands in Jacks hair.

“No I’m sorry baby” Jess said pulling Jacks face back to her allowing their lips to meet.

“I love you so much” Jack said in between kisses.

“I love you too. Always will” Jess said sealing it with a sweet kiss.

______________

Jack wrapped the blanket around him and his girlfriend. Their heated make out sesh quickly turned into something more and the pair now lay naked, panting in Jess’ bed. Jack wrapped his arms around her shoulders as her head laid on his chest. He looked down at Jess who had an adorable smile across her face as she looked back up at him. He hated he would be taking that away in a matter of seconds. Jack had ‘forgotten’ to tell Jess about the tour. He got to caught up in the whole sex thing to even care. He knew he had to tell her and before his brain could process anything he spat out the first thing that came to his mind.

“I leave in three days.” He said causing Jess' smile to immediately falter in to a frown.

"What do you mean?" She had a feeling she knew, she just wanted to be wrong.

"The boys and I leave for tour in three days. We just found out" For a second she thought he could be kidding but she could tell by the tone of his voice that he being 100% serious. She quickly buried her face in the blanket hoping to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall.

“For how long?” She whispered her voice muffled by the material.

“A while” He said placing a kiss on top of her head and tightening his hold around her.

“How long?” She repeated this time a little more sternly. The fact he tried to avoid it let her know she wouldn’t like his answer.

“Three months” Jack whispered. Jess pushed herself off Jacks chest and looked at him to see if he was joking. He couldn’t be more serious if he tried.

“Three months?!” She said in disbelief “Wh- what about graduation? What about school? Wh- what- what about us?” She whispered. Jess wasn’t ready for this. She didn’t think Jack would be leaving so soon. She thought she had at least three months to prepare herself for their goodbye, not three days. How could he just get up and leave in three days and not return for three whole months! By then they would be graduated and she would be off to NY.

“I’ll come back for graduation but we’ll leave straight after and school doesn’t really matter anymore. I mean we’re pretty much finished now and it’s not like a need good grades to be a musician.” Jack joked attempting to lighten the mood.

“What about me? Do I matter? Do you need me to be a musician?” She said sitting up taking the blanket with her. She brought knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around her legs burying her head in between her knees.

Jack sat up and placed a hand on Jess’ back, attempting to rub comforting circles. He placed soft kisses along her arm.

“Of course you matter Jess, you know that.” He said placing a soft kiss on her temple. “And of course I fucking need you. You’re my everything and I will do anything and everything to keep this relationship.” Jack said sincerely.

“b-b-but there will be so many girls that will be throwing themselves at you and you’re a man and-” Jack stopped Jess before she could continue. He could see the tears forming in her eyes and the small tracks down her face from the few tears that had escaped.

“I don’t care about them. I don’t want them. I want you and I’ll always want you. You’re my first love and my only love. I promise you that I will make this work. No matter what it’s you and me, forever.”

Jess nodded slowly taking in Jacks words. She wanted nothing more than to whole heartedly believe him but she just couldn’t. She wasn't like Jack. She was a pessimist where as Jack was more optimistic. He believed anything was possible. It was part of his child like qualities.

Sometimes Jess wished she had met Jack five years into the future. That way they would be older and their relationship would have more of a chance. They were young and in love and sometimes love wasn’t enough.

She laid her head on Jacks chest as she cuddled close to him. Long distance relationship were hard for even married couples. She couldn’t imagine not being able to see Jack for months at a time. It just wouldn’t be right. She trusted him, she just didn’t trust the alcohol and desperate girls. If she was already worrying about Jack staying faithful what was she going to be like when he actually left? As the constant ‘what ifs?’ ran through Jess head she felt Jacks breathing even out and she knew he had fallen asleep.

He seemed so confident in their relationship and that gave her hope but Jack was also extremely naive. The realist in Jess knew the chances of a 17 year old rocker boyfriend and his stay at home girlfriend staying together forever were slim to nothing. That didn’t mean that they shouldn’t try? Right?

If Jess did end the relationship now it meant less heartache. She wouldn’t have to worry about being cheated on every second. And if they did breakup there was a chance they could still stay friends. But if they did breakup there would always be the what could have been questions and they were worse than the what ifs.

Before allowing herself to slip into a deep sleep she made the conscious decisions to stay with Jack and let fate run its course. If they stayed together then great if they didn’t then Jess would have to deal with that when the time came. Hopefully it never would. She loved Jack and Jack loved her. They would make love be enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
DAH DAH DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINAL CHAPTERRR

I realise this is kind of a weird final chapter and I didn't plan on this being it but it works better with the sequel. The sequel will have flashbacks of their final goodbye and stuff so I didn't want to be repeating myself. Ps if anyone wants to make me a theme for the sequel that'd the great! I'm really bad at it

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who read/commented/recommended this story. I honestly didn't expect more than like 20 people to read this and this story has 122 subscribers so thank you so much! Please go subscribe to the sequel I might even put the first chapter up tonight!