Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

Just a little walk?

The next day I found myself alone again. Darren was out speaking with his council and I was lounging on his couches trying to figure out how to work the thing he called a tv. I had heard of them before, but my pack was kind of poor so no one really had one. Hell my pack lived in colonial times compared to his. I've never seen so many remotes, DVDs, blue rays, CDs. Anything you can think of he has in his freaking bed room. I was the pauper and he was the prince...well technically he was the king. 

After I found out how to turn on the tv it took me at least twenty minutes to figure out how to turn on the DVD player. After the damn tray popped out I grabbed the first DVD I found and pushed it in. I just wanted to relax, maybe even fall asleep to the sound of the tv. I don't know if it was just the place, or the scare from yesterday but I was lonely. Especially when he left this morning, I never really woke up to him, I just felt him press his soft lips to my forehead and heard him close the door. 

I ended up watching Mad Money, it seemed like a recent movie but I only made it into the first twenty minutes of it before I ended up looking out the window at the streets below. People had stopped looking up at the windows, now they just dragged their children faster away from the window. Sometimes a random man would look up at me and kind of snarl, but I knew I was safe up here. At least from the people outside, the people inside we're a different story. Max proved that to me. 

After watching about ten families walk by I found my eyes landing on Darren and his guards. He was walking down the street and making small talk with people. When he passed the window he looked up at me and kind of smiled, although I found myself not doing anything back to him, I was confused and scared. He was someone who I knew I wanted, and even if I wanted to deny it at the moment I wanted his children. I was ready to do anything to stay with him, and I've only known him for a week. I don't know if it was the mate thing, or just the fact that he was completely charming. I'm head over heels for him. 

The door for the bedroom burst open and I whipped around. If Darren was outside on the streets, who in the hell was coming into the bedroom? I looked up to meet the icy blue eyes of Ryder. Somehow he knew I was looking at him and he flashed me a toothy smile. I giggled a little and jumped put of the couch to rush to him and hug him tight. 

"RYDER!" I giggled, laughing a little harder when he stumbled back into the door then hugged me to. 

"Hi?" He chuckled. Hugging me back then let me take a few steps back. "What's gotten into you, just the other day you we all quiet. I didn't think you liked me hon." 

I wrinkled up my nose. "Ew, don't call me hon. That makes me sound like....I don't know but it's weird."

He laughed again and then shrugged. "Alright, I can't excatally call you darling cause that's what your mate calls you. He may get a little protective." He paused for a moment then rubbed his chin. "I could always call you Flower." he was mimicking the movie Bambi. 

"Cute." I smirked. "Just call me Rose. No one seems to call me by my name, it may be a nice change." 

He nodded to himself. "Okay then, Rose. I like it. So I was wondering if you would take a walk with me. I can't go alone cause...well you know and I don't think anyone would try anything with me there with you."

I crossed my arms over my chest and thought about it, I mean they tried something with Darren there. How angry would he be if he found out I did this? I don't care anymore, I need a break. "Okay." Ryder flashed a sneaky half second smirk, what does that mean?
♠ ♠ ♠
Again I wrote this on my iPad lol sorry :) comment please. Do you trust Ryder or do you think something is going to happen?