Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

The Outing

Ryder and I had left the mansion some time ago, and to be honest I was having a blast. Everywhere I turned there was something new to see. Granted that I also seen some angry scowl from the pack everywhere I turned as well. Ryder was shoved into and growled at, but no one seemed to mess with me. I think it was because I was Darren's mate, none of them wanted to challenge the alpha and if they did then they were crazy. The sad part was that I didn't even feel like the alphas mate. I don't know why I didn't, maybe it was because I was treated equally by Darren but like dirt by his pack. I don't understand why people can't accept me. I'm not different! The only difference in me is the fact that I was raised in a different pack, my fur is the same as theirs. I understand their concerns about the way I was raised, but I would never harm any of them unless they attacked me first and by the way they were looking at me I feel like that may be something that could happen. 

Someone slammed their shoulder into Ryder's side. He stumbled against impact and almost fall flat into a fruit stand on the side of the street. With an impulsive move I reached out and caught him, turning to snarl at the person who ran into him. I found the person to be a guy twice my size. He was t as muscular as Darren was but he was damn close. His skin was dark tan and leathery, almost like he had worked in the sun his whole life. When he snarled back at me I could almost see the wolf in him. As his lips pulled over his teeth I found them to be rigid and pointy. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. He screamed danger to me, maybe I should've second thought standing up for Ryder but I couldn't help myself. Roe raised me to stick up for others, even when they weren't nice to me. In this case Ryder was my friend and I would not allow him to get bullied about by someone who had a clear advantage over him.

Ryder reached his hand up and gripped my arm. In an attempt to pull me away he ran into another person and quickly apologized. The man I was facing chuckled a little and I snorted at him. People that had no respect for others seriously pissed me off. I've had to deal with it long enough, I don't want Ryder to have to deal with it. How is it his fault that he was born blind. How could they ever think of killing someone just for a minor disability. I'm so thankful that Darren saved him. I really like Ryder, he is the closest thing I've ever had to a friend. In my book that gave me the right to stand up for him. 

The man made a step towards up. I growled a little under my breath and pushed Ryder behind me. I didn't want to start a fight with his man, I would lose. Not to mention it would piss Darren off with me, I don't know what he would do to this man. 

"Look, the love sick pup has found a friend." He snarled, I could tell it was directed towards Ryder. With any luck he didn't know who I was. If that was the case then I don't think this argument will get to bad. I just hope no one opens their mouth about me. It's clear that the rest of them know who I am, why doesn't this man? 

Ryder sucked in some breath. "This was a bad idea." He muttered extremely quiet, I only heard it because I was standing next to him. 

"Who do you think you are?" The man hissed a me, narrowing his eyes down to my height and crossing his arms over his chest. "Such a little girl standing up to a guy like me, are you crazy?"

I sort of rolled my eyes and cocked my hip, trying to make it seem like I didn't care about who he was or that he could seriously kick my ass. "Who are you to push around this man. He's defenseless and you know it, next time pick on someone your own size." 

This time when Ryder grabbed my arm I allowed him to tug me away. Some people seemed to move out of his way so that he could walk against the wall. He pulled me swiftly and quickly away from the man I was yelling at. I'm assuming he didn't want to deal with that man any longer, I don't blame him. Something told me that he had more to do with him then just a little shove. 

Ryder pulled me through the streets of the village. Rushing passed the filled shops, and over the cobble stone walk ways. People didn't take a second look after that incident. They simply walk along to work or went back to their shopping. I didn't notice the village anymore though, or the shimmering shops. All I seen was the bright colored clothing on the backs of the citizens as we rushed by.

"Who was that?" I questioned when we reached a half way deserted location. We were on the outskirts of the city, over looking a sparkling blue stream. 

Ryder sighed to himself and sat down on the bank of the stream, sticking his fingers in the current and closing his eyes for a moment. Something worried me. I flopped down next to him and lifted the sleeve of his shirt to inspect the damage done by that man. Ryder's shoulder was already bruising and it looked like it was going to be a nasty one. 

He swatted my hand away and then placed his head in his hands. "That man was Gwen's mate."

I made a face and a disgusted noise. "They don't look like a pair. I mean she is gorgeous and he....he looked like someone fresh out of war."

Ryder shrugged and snorted. "You can't choose your mate, of course that's what Gwen told me." He sighed deeply again. "I loved her, I didn't care about the damn mates shit. Just because you're mates does not mean that you love the person. I wants to marry her, I loved her with all my heart and she ripped it out of my chest. I would've died for her, but she ended up with that douce bag and they are the star couple of this pack now. It's like the foot ball star and the lead cheerleader. Whatever I don't care anymore." 

I leaned over to hug him. "I'm sorry Ryder I-" 

"ROSE!" Darren's voice shot through the air, I could instantly tell he was pissed. My head whipped around to see what he was screeching about and I found him stomping towards us. 

I shrunk down like a scolded puppy. "Oh no." I whimpered. Ryder seemed to understand the trouble we were in as well because he sort of shrink behind me. 

Darren stomped up to us and crossed his arms angrily. "Ryder you know better than to come out here, and you Rose have been told to stay inside the mansion. You are both in big trouble." 

After a few more scolding words he forced us up and literally forced us back through the city. I was snapped at for yelling at that man and scolded for putting myself in danger. People hung their heads as we walked by with Darren. I'm not sure if it was for respect or because they were ashamed that they allowed Ryder and I to wonder the city without telling us to return to the mansion. I felt like a princess that was meant to be lock away in a tower.  

Once Ryder was tossed into the mansion Darren turned to me and grabbed my wrist, tugging me towards the gates of the city once more. Some people muttered about him finally getting rid of me and that it took him long enough. I because to feel nervous. What if he was getting rid of me? What would I do, I know I love him. Even if people said I was just his mate I knew I wasn't. At least to me it felt that way, I found him and I knew I loved him. Even if it was a little early to say that. I could feel it in my gut. 

By the time we were at the gate I was freaking out. My stomach was turning and my eyes were filling with tears. What am I going to say to him? I love you and you need to love me! Don't get rid of me! Darren let go of me once we reached the outskirts of the woods and he turned to me, taking in my freaking out face. He didn't say anything, he simply shrugged off his jacket and jeans then discarded them next to a tree then waited for me to do the same. I did it as quickly as possible but that even seemed to slow for him. 

As soon as my clothing was off he darted into wolf form and dashed into the woods. I did the same and struggled to keep up with him as he ran. It was clear to me that he was doing this to get away from the pack, but was he doing this to lead me away from the pack? As the trees flew by in a cloud of green and the weather slowly turned slightly snowy. Was he leading me back to my pack? 

When I finally caught up to him he was sitting on the bank of a river, just like Ryder had. I was assuming it was the same stream it had just grown in size as it reached deeper into the woods. He turned into human form and looked back at me with scolding eyes. I stay in wolf form and hung my head. I was scared that if I turned back into my human self that I would cry and he would see my weakness. I was so frightened he was going to get rid of me. 

He rolled his eyes at me and held out his hand. "Come on now I didn't bring you all the way put here for you to sulk." Sighing quietly to myself I changed back and slowly approached him. Cringing at the icy grass on my bare feet. 

" I'm sorry, I didn't think it would be a big deal. Ryder was bored and he asked me to get for a walk, I didn't think it would do any harm I-" I blubbered on. 

"Shh!" He snapped, grasping my hand in his own and tugging me to him. My chest collide with his chest and to be honest it kind of hurt. "You listened to the gossip as we left, why would I leave you because you were trying to have fun? You just need to realize that Ryder and yourself are in danger without me. I can't protect you if I'm not with you and it scared me to watch you yelling at someone twice your size. Although it was interesting to watch I was quite worried for you." 

I frowned a little and realized that I understood what he was saying. "I'm sorry." I stretched up to press my lips to his lightly and then hugged him close. 

He groaned and forced me up to kiss him once more. To be honest it turned into a make out session quite quickly. He hugged me tightly and our lips moved together, and eventually they parted to grant access to another type of kiss. Darren was a great kisser lets put it that way, French kissing or regular kissing I could never have enough of him. Somehow I think that will bite me in the butt one day. 

I pulled away from him and blushed a little. "I think..." 

He frowned a little and grasped my chin between his fingers. "What are you thinking, darling?" 

I looked down at my bare feet and dug my heel into the soil. "I think I'm falling for you, I think I'm falling for you hard." 
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you hate it when I write on my iPad and I do to, please forgive the grammar errors and some of the spelling errors. I hate autocorrect and it seems to always autocorrect it wrong. PLEASE COMMENT and leave feedback it really does help me.