Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

Snow storm

The next thing I knew I was opening my eyes slowly. My body was still ticked into his side, but we had both changed now. He had his large wolf body almost completely wrapped around mine. I never realized how much larger he was than me, honestly though he was very warm and I was glad that he was.

Once my eyes were completely opened I found my face nuzzled into his gorgeous fur, it's what had kept me warm I'm supposing. Slowly I raised my head, yawning a little. The sight that I was greeted with was a sheet of white, we were in the middle of a blizzard and I couldn't even see the tree that I knew was three feet in front of my face. A worried whine escaped my throat. Why were we still out here? Why did he let me sleep? How were we going to get out? I've seen storms like this where I was from, wolves got caught in the and died, they froze to death. We need to get out of here.

Darren raised his head as well, instantly the heat had been providing left my fur and I started shivering. My eyes met his, and even through the snow I could see that he was as worried as I was. Gently he nuzzled the top of my head and nudged it back to him, I knew he was worried about us freezing as well but he was already doing the only thing that could keep us semi warm. He was using our body heat, so I simply tucked my head back into his side and he folded himself over me once again.

I closed my eyes and waited out the storm. Silently praying to whatever god I was supposed to believe in, I didn't care if I made it though this. I just wanted Darren to be safe. He had a better chance for survival, he was larger than me and had more fur and he had been trained to survive. All my life I had simply hid in my hut during storms like this, simply huddling next to the fire. Besides he had to make it, he was the alpha.

My shivers never subsided, longer the storm went and it seemed to get colder. Darren kept curling tighter and tighter around me, whining sometimes. When he whined I attempted to comfort him, although I'm sure it didn't work.

After what seemed like forever the storm finally got then enough to see a few feet in front of us. He was suddenly ready to move quickly and jumped up in no time. I didn't move at first, I was either frozen or confused about why he was moving. He was still caring gently for me tho, he nudged his head against mine until I stood up. Once we did I could clearly see that he was shivering as well, and that his fur was completely soaked and he was matted in snow. We had to get home before he froze to death. He waited for me to move, I swear he wouldn't do anything until he knew I was a head of him, I think he was scared that he was going to lose me if I was behind him, which was possible we had to stick together.

I lowered my head down, trying to keep the sharp wind off my face. I felt him against my backside, his head right at my side pushing forward until my face was tucked against his shoulder blade. Darren was so worried about me and I was worried about him, he wouldn't let me warm him though it was clear that he was almost colder than I was.

I swear we walked for an entire night. The pads on my paws were completely frozen and if we looked back we seen blood where we had walked. The ice had cut out paws but we didn't notice because they were frozen. At one point Darren had stopped to lick his paws greedily, trying to warm them. I didn't want to do that though, I was afraid it would just make them colder because I was putting them back in the snow as they were wet. It seemed to help him though, I think he would've been back faster if he hadn't had me though he kept having to stop and give me a break because I was shivering so bad, he had himself contained at least.

The trees around us seemed waited down with snow. Their branches sagged and the wind made it seem like they were shivering as well. The closer we got to his village the thinner the storm seemed to get and the more of our surroundings we could see. The snow had a frozen top layer and every step we took the layer broke and cut our paws more, and many times my legs gave out and I face planted the snow. It was clear that Darren was stronger than me, or he was just sticking it out for me, I'm not sure which.

All I know that was when we seen the fence of the village he suddenly changed into his human form. That was stupid he could be so much warmer in his wolf form not to mention the snow reached about to his knees. He turned to me, showing me his ice coated hair and almost blue skin.

"Change back, darling." He demanded gently, reaching his hand out to me. I didn't want to but he had taken care of me for this long and I simply just did as he told. The wind was like knives against my bare skin and instantly my goose bumps had goose bumps. "Don't fight me."

Suddenly he had me swept off my feet and my body was curled uncomfortably tight against his chest. I yelped out of surprise and tried not to move away. He winced out of fear that he had hurt me but that didn't stop him, he suddenly bolted down the Main Street of his town.

Everyone one inside and it seemed to me that they had placed wooden blockers over the outsides of their windows so the wind wouldn't blow them out. The town seemed dead but I knew that inside the homes there were thriving families. How many other people were caught in the storm? Had we passed some of them on our way to town? Did we leave them to die? If I found out we walked over one of them I think I will puke.

Once we had reached the mansion Darren had screamed for Max to get blankets, I never heard a response. Although I didn't really care I was more of less paying attention to the fact that Darren sprinted up the stairs to the bedroom with which he burst into the bathroom. There was no one here, at least no one in sight at all throughout the house. I told myself they were still sleeping, but I had a sickening feeling that wasn't it.

The heater was in full blast so that was proof that at least someone had been there all night. Darren didn't seem worried though so I allowed that to comfort me. He set me down on the counter and I just about fell into the sink. My entire body was still shaking and my skin was beginning to tingle painfully, and at the rate of which his skin was turning pink I think his was to.

I began to pull frantically at my hair, trying to get the ice out of it. Whines of pain and annoyance escaped my lips, and after Darren had turned on the tub he turned to me and cooed for me to be quiet.

"Shh, I'll get it out." He promised, moving his shaking body towards mine and gently pulling chunks of ice out of my long hair. He chuckled a little at me when he found I was still shivering. "Shouldn't you be used to this miss tundra?" He brought my forehead to his blue lips and kissed it softly.

I shuddered a little. "N-no," I forced out through shuttering teeth. "I hid inside."

He chuckled again and then scooped me up into his arms once more. "You're going to kill me for this."

I should've seen it coming but I didn't. He dropped my body into the porcelain tub and turned off the water, kneeling next to the tub. My skin set of fire and I yelped, although I knew the tub was only set to use warm

"OW!" I shrieked, he pushed a hand down on my shoulder to make sure I stayed in the water, even when I tried to struggle against him I could nearly move he was to damn strong! "Darren please its hot!" I wailed, struggling some more.

He frowned and simply pulled me into a sitting position and laid my head against his shoulder. "I know, but I don't want you to get sick so you're staying in there until you stop shuddering."

I whimpered and pressed my face to his neck. "What about you?" He was cold to, he was shivering to. Why do I have to be the one cooking in the tub?

He smiled at me and I swear his smile almost reached those gorgeous Forrest green eyes. "You are warming me up now, darling. Don't you worry about me."

At that I allowed him to force me to stay in the tub. I laid against him and he softly rubbed my back. Eventually the water went from hot to normal and I was able to lower into it more. At one point there was a knock on the door and Ryder sleepily asked if we were okay. Darren acknowledged him and ten minutes later he was pulling me into a warm towel.

I absolutely loved this man. He took care of me and completely saved my life. Without him I'd be buried in a snow pile somewhere, dead. I don't know what I would do without him now, I need him and I am willing to do anything for him now. I've made my decision, I will do anything to stay with him.

"Darren?" I whispered as he walked me into the bedroom and he set me on the bed.

"Yes?" He hummed walking over the closet and pulling out a nightgown and a pair of pj pants for himself.

"I'll do it." I hummed.

He froze and looked straight at the wall without looking at me, his voice hesitant. "Do what Rose?"

I sucked in a breath, well knowing that if I told him this it could very well happen tonight. I was giving him permission to do what mates were for, and even if it would be my first time it definitely wasn't his and I know because of me he has been kind of teased and deprived.

"I'll have children with you, if that's what it takes to be able to stay with you then I will do it." I whispered just nearly loud enough for him to hear.

The pajamas slipped from his hands and he turned to me, lust in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not the best I'm sorry