Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

Humans

Waking the next morning I found that I was much better, I do believe sleeping for about twenty hours straight helped the fever go away. I still had a headache and if I stood to fast I got really light headed, but all in all I was better. Of course this didn't matter at all, Darren was still babying me and I couldn't as much stand without him holding me up. It's not a bad thing I guess, but I feel sad that he is skipping work for me.

At the moment we were laying in his living room. Granted he was doing paperwork and I was watching some kind of movie. I'm not exactly sure what it was called, but I was fascinated because it was talking about humans. I had never seen a human, and I'm not even sure if they were real. I don't seen how something so weak would be able to survive. I mean how would they get food, how would they survive outside without fur? How would they....mate...wouldn't they break each other?

"Darren?" I hummed. Rolling into a sitting position and peaking over the back of the couch. He looked up from his papers and brushed the hair out of his face, and then cracked a small smile at me. Gosh, he was so gorgeous. I didn't think I would ever have a mate like him, so out of my league.

"Yes darling?" He leaned back into his chair, and then craned his head to look out of the window. Snow was still piled on the ground but so far no casualties inside the village have been reported.

My head cocked sideways and leaned against the soft fabric of the couch. "Are humans real?"

His head whipped back to me and he looked at me with surprised eyes. "Yes they are." His surprised eyes weren't eyes that told me he was going to explain me, I think he was anger that I asked. "They are vial, dangerous creatures. Werewolves that associate with them also end up killed, once they discover that we are different they murder without hesitation."

My face fell, and I sat completely up. "How? They look....breakable."

He sighed and moved away from his desk, slowly approaching me. "Weapons," passing the couch he pressed the off button on the tv. "Promise me that you'll leave them alone, I can't protect you from them."

I watched him carefully, still feeling the shock of the information. I didn't expect for him to tell me that humans exist, let alone that they would be able to kill me. "I wasn't planning on searching for them. I was just curious."

He moved over to my couch and then sat beside me. I found myself being enveloped into his arms, then his warm lips pressed to my forehead. "I've lost enough people in this pack to humans, it's only a matter of time before they stumble upon our city."

I tucked my face against his shoulder. "How come they haven't yet?"

His arms tightened around me. I could tell what we were talking about was bothering him, but my curiosity was taking away my common sense. "Because as soon as a wolf makes willing contact with a human, they are banished. It doesn't matter if they have a family, if they have a love, if they have a life. I'm not not able to bend the rules. It doest matter who it is." He paused and buried his face in my hair for a moment. Taking a deep sigh then lifting his head again. "If they have a family they follow most of the time. My father banished two people, one of them had a wife. A pregnant wife. She followed. They were both killed, shot. The child survived, and because her child was never born he wasn't fully developed, there for he lost his sight."

I lifted my head and looked at him with another surprised look. "Ryder?"

"Yes." He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine. "He is my best friend, darling. He has been directly affected by humans, and I'm not going to let you suffer the same fate. I would follow you, Rose. That would create chaos, and we can't have that."

I leaned forward and pressed my lips to the front of his throat. "I won't do anything."

He released me from his arms and then leaned back, scooting away. "You need to be careful, you gave me permission to have you and my wolf isn't going to wait if you kiss me like that. It wouldn't be pleasant if he took control, trust me."

I smirked. "You aren't the only one with a wolf hon."

He chuckled and rubbed the front of his face with his hands. "Yea, your wolf is innocent darling. She wouldn't like me anymore. I need to be gentle with her." He leaned forward and kissed me sweetly. "So I will." Then he stood and walked back over to his desk, leaving me wanting more of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Twitter @acookieissam COMMENTS COMMENTS COMMENTS :) lol please