Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

Rage

Later that day Darren sent me away with Ryder. Something about business and that he needed to work. So Ryder and I went to the library, I had promised to read to him but it all honest I was going to ask him about humans. Sure it probably wasn't a good idea on my part, considering it was more then likely just going to bring up bad memories. Sadly, I couldn't avoid it. Just three hours ago I thought humans were a myth, and now I was being told they were real.

In all honesty it didn't surprise me that I hadn't known that humans were real. My prior pack lived in an extremely excluded area. Way up north, in the middle of a forest. We were secluded so we never seen humans, I now believe that was how Roe protected all of us. I respected him for sheltering me, but now that I know they are real I almost resent him for not allowing me to learn. Humans fascinate me, and now that I know that they are real I want to research. Of course I want to be able to research from afar, they still scared me. It would be like asking a vampire if you could see how their teeth fit onto your neck. You'd have to be either very brave or very stupid to try that.

Inside the library I found myself aw-struck for a moment. The walls were two story's with a small balcony around the top of the first floor. Books were stacked high, floor to floor. It was like heaven. There were labels on each section. Fiction, non fiction, research, news etc. I loved reading,
I wanted to rush into the fiction section and immerse myself in the words, but now wasn't the time.

I led Ryder to the chairs in front of a fireplace, which I planned on turning on soon. He followed happily, not protesting at all simply happy to have someone to talk to I'm supposing. I reached the two red wing chairs and than helped him into them.

"How do I turn on the fireplace?" I hummed, allowing my eyes to follow the wooden floor until I seen the cast iron pit for the fire.

"It's not a gas fireplace, sweetheart. Throw wood in and light it." He chuckled, curling into the chair and then looking in the direction he believed I was in. I smiled a little. He wasn't as beautiful as Darren, but he wasn't ugly. His bright blue eyes lured you in, and if anything his personality made him all the more attractive. I could see why he was Darren's best friend.

After about twenty minutes I finally got the fire started. Granted I burnt ,y fingers and almost set the place on fire. Still all in all it had turned out nicely.

I didn't move from the fireplace though, I sat in front of it to warm up. Although I still turned to Ryder to take in his messy black hair, and sleepy posture.

"Ryder?" I hummed, he made a grunt of acknowledgement. "What are humans like?"

He didn't jump up like I thought he would, his face didn't even frown. He actually smiled. "I like them, they are fascinating. I don't see why Darren gets so worried about them, I think we could hide our identity."

I froze and looked sternly at him. "But Darren said-"

"That my parents were killed by humans?" Ryder growled, snorting a little. His face grew annoyed. "He told Gwen that to. It's not true, my parents left me when I was three because of my disability. I thought I had told you that. He thinks that if he ties someone you know to a tragedy that you would stay away from the humans."

I felt hurt. Why didn't Darren trust me!? I wanted him to trust me, to tell me the truth. I'm unable to trust him if he is unable to trust me. He is my mate. I do not lie to him, I expect to have the same from him. The next time I see him I going to confront him for it, and hopefully he will realize that I deserve the truth from him.

My lips pressed together angrily and I stood. "Please excuse me." I was ready to confront him, and I would've left if Ryder hadn't stopped me. His voice was desperate, and pleading.

"Don't." He begged, holding up his hands. "He is doing business and I'm supposed to keep you out of his way."

Anger radiated through me. How could he!? "Is he with someone right now?"

Ryder frowned and lowered his hands, sighing. "No, he is in your bedroom doing paperwork."

"Good." I growled, leaving then. Stomping out of the gorgeous library and then walking down the hall. Darren was going to get it. Honestly why couldn't he trust me? I guess I don't understand what his thought process is yet, or something. Either way it was ridiculous and I wasn't going to deal with it,

This hall was honestly dreary. I'm not sure if it was because I was fuming or if it was because it was decorated darkly. The madder I got the more this place seemed like a prison. Was he trying to make it seem like he was trying to protect me from everything or was he trying to make me the clueless little mate. Does he think I'm weak? Does he think I'm dumb? I'M NOT!

I'm done being weak; I'm going to train, I'm going to read freaking history books! If he thinks that I'm going to let him control me then he has another thing coming, I may have acted the doting mate but now in going to show him that he needs to treat me like a person.

It took me three minutes to stalk back to our bedroom. Sadly when I got up to the door I felt all my braveness leave and I instantly filled with love again. FREAKING MATING BOND! I swear I catch a whiff of his scent in my nose and I'm ready to do anything he says.

I listened quietly outside the oak door, trying to figure out what he was doing and trying to figure out what I was going to do. I mean I guess being protected isn't such of a bad thing, but come on I want to be kept in the loop.

"Rose?" His voice soaked through the door questionably and before I knew it the door was flying open and he was looking down at me with worried eyes. "What's wrong?" He reached out to touch my cheek and once he did that I instantly figured out I had angry tears welding up in my eyes, I'm so confused! What am I going to do?!

My hand came up to stop his from touching me, I think if he did I would lose everything I wanted to say to him and I would just fall into his arms. "You lied to me, why?"

He froze and pressed his lips together tightly mumbling a curse about Ryder. "Rose.." He groaned. "I was only trying to protect you. I-"

I cut him off talking a little more sternly. "What else have you lied to me about?"

"Nothing." He demanded a little more stern than I was. "It's my job to protect you I don't care if I have to lie to do it. I'm not going to lose you."

"I never said you were going to." I demanded, almost stomping my foot angrily. I hate being lied to, that's all anyone ever does they can never trust me with the freaking truth.

He grabbed me by the shoulder and jerked me into the bedroom, slamming the door closed behind me and then leaving me looking at his wild eyes and half growling face.

"Stop yelling at me I don't like it." He snorted, staying somewhat away from me, starting to pace a little but keeping his eyes trained on me.

"You haven't seen yelling yet." I growled, planting my feet firmly on the ground. I left my very temperamental wolf take over, it was easier for her words to leave my mouth then his. I didn't want to fight with him but I don't want to be lied to either.

It seemed to me that his wolf is taking over at well. "I am your alpha as well Rose, I have every right to protect you so I don't want to hear you being pissed off for this. I'm sorry but I will lie to you if I have to in order to keep you safe, any other time I won't."

I growled. "Whatever."

He actually let out a little smile. "She's hot."

I was taken back a second, what in the hell was he talking about. We are just arguing and he decides to tell me some girl is hot? "What?" I said sternly.

He approached me slowly and wrapped his arms around my tense body. "Your wolf is hot." Before I had a chance to answer he was pressing his lips to mine, and I was kissing back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on twitter @acookieissam

Rate and comment, please don't be a silent reader and I love to hear what you have to say :)

Sorry I took so long I was super stressed out about stuff.