Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

Worn

I had fall asleep again within his arms. It was comforting there to say the least, I wanted to stay there forever. Not only did it keep me feeling safe but I felt as though I would stay happy forever. I had never felt that way with anyone before. Even though I was terrified about what would happen child wise, he seemed to wash that away. I knew that no matter what happened that I would be fine. He protected me even from my own thoughts.

Sadly, when I awoke I didn't need to open my eyes to know he was gone. The heat of his body in the bed was gone, and I was left in the bed alone. I knew he wasn't gone long, his side of the bed was still warm and the blankets were tucked tightly around me. I was in a cocoon of warmth and I was extremely content here. Yet when I opened my eyes and seen that the time was half past three I forced myself up to stretch. To be honest I was a little sore but that was to be expected with something like that happening. Not to mention he wasn't gentle like he promised, I couldn't blame him though. It's not his fault that his wolf took over, I certainly allowed mine to.

"Rose?" His voice filled the room, completely startling me. I just about jumped out of my skin. My eyes instantly darted around the dark room until I found him sitting at his desk with the dim light of the lamp casting over him. It sprayed dark shadows over his features and it made him look quite scary. For some reason I wasn't scared though, I held no fear of him at all anymore. "Are you okay, darling?"

He stood from his desk and began approaching the bed once more. He was beautiful with his low hanging pajama pants and bare chest. His face was still to dark to make out, but he looked as though his forest eyes were downcast and his mouth was turned down. Was he angry about having sex with me?

"Why do you keep asking me that?" I questioned quietly, reaching back and pulling the blanket tight around my body.

He reached me and then sat down on the bed in front of me. He was now completely in the shadows and I couldn't make out anything besides his outline. "Because you look terrified. Did I scare you?"

I flinched at his sudden touch to my cheek. Why was I so damn jumpy today? I leaned into his hand once I knew it was him and smiled at the feeling of my cheek against his skin. Why was it so easy for him to comfort me?

"What do you mean?" I hummed quietly. Why did he think he had scared me? I mean I know I'm jumpy but I'm not scared of him. I'm not scared of anything at the moment besides being pregnant.

"Last night, I knew it was a lot." He leaned forward and pressed his lips to my forehead.

I frowned. "Don't regret it, Darren." I demanded, pulling away from his embrace. "The only thing I'm somewhat scared of is having a child."

He sat up more, completely straightening his back out in surprise. "I thought you were ready. Rose you should've told me I would've never-"

I cut him off bluntly, crossing my arms over my chest and just about sticking my tongue at him. "It wasn't just your choice, besides I sincerely doubt that one episode will get me pregnant."

A low growl formed in his throat. I shrunk back into the pillow and frowned a little. His wolf was angry. "You need to get pregnant, Rose. We are mates the chances that you are are far greater then not. In order to keep you as mine I need you to be." He stood up from the bed and looked down at me with narrow eyes showing from the dim light. "If I have to try every night I will."

To be honest doing that every night did not sound like a bad idea. "Darren I'm only scared of being a mother because I don't know how. So you may try as much as you want because my fear of loosing you is larger then this fear I'm experiencing now." He simply retreated to his desk.

A week later we were back to normal per-say. After he got home from work every night we would have dinner. I was allowed to roam the mansion freely now so that was really the first time I went back to the bedroom every night. After dinner he would allow me to choose some sort of movie and we would end the night trying for children. It never got I'd for me and I think the reason was because we were mates. My wolf was just happy that she was being satisfied and his seemed to agree. Eventually I had to take a break though, that was normal. I wasn't kidding when I said he was rough. I'd awaken with random bruises, or claw marks. When I moved sometime hurt no matter what. So when Friday came I refused to move from bed at all. I didn't move even in the bed, I simply slept the day away and waited for Darren to get home. When he did he found me in the same place I was when he left me.

I didn't speak when he entered the room, he knew where I was and it didn't take him long to place his belongings on his desk then approach the bed. He slowly unbuttoned the first few buttons on his dress shirt then kneeled next to me. His smell invaded my nostrils. Spearmint, it was comforting. His warm hand pressed against my forehead and he chuckled at me, leaning forward to kiss it.

"Being lazy today are we?" He purred softly, beginning to stroke the hair away from my head. His touch started a blazing fire of butterflies inside the depths of my stomach. I shuddered against it, feeling some bruises as I did so.

"Just sleepy." I hummed. He chuckled and then crawled overtop of me to get inside the bed and under the covers. "You've worn me out."

He laughed again and kissed the back of my head. "That's my job, darling."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please forgive the last chapter!

Twitter @acookieissam

Comments please they help me know you guys are still reading :)