Status: Keep or delete?

Pathways

Beary

Pathways 11
The next couple weeks flew by without a care. He would go to work and return later in the night, while he did that I wondered about the mansion. Darren had seemed to go into a minor protective mode with which I was required not to go outside without a "body guard". Meaning that I was stuck in here because the only person-besides Darren-who was willing to go outside with me was Ryder, and according to Darren I was more likely to get hurt with Ryder around.

Because werewolf pregnancy was different than any other pregnancy out there it wasn't hard to begin to feel uncomfortable. If the stories were true then we-well I- would begin to show symptoms of pregnancy very soon. Within the week soon. Both Darren and I were positive that I was going to be pregnant. The signs that told me that I was, or at least hinted was the fact that I seemed to be getting tired earlier and the fact that I used the bathroom at least ten times more a day. So unless I have a random bladder infection I'd say that I am more than likely pregnant.

When Darren was gone to work I found myself exploring. There was only one room that I hadn't explored yet, and I found myself here now. It was a locked section of the attic, I had asked Darren about it at one point and he gave me the Skelton key to the mansion and told me to explore. I don't think he was fully listening to me because he never moved his eyes from the paper he was reading. He probably didn't want me in this room, or at least I felt like he didn't. Even so I found myself stuffing the key into the key hole and twisting it hard for at least two minutes until the jerked hard in the iron fitting and turn until it clicked. The heavy wooded door moaned loudly and began moving forward into the room without me having to twist the handle at all.

I found the room completely black, so I reached my hand carefully inside and felt along the wall until I found the light switch. Once it was clicked on I found myself face to face with a simple bedroom. Filled with dust and a curtain that was so old that it had moth holes that allowed a bit of sun though. I walked through the room, avoiding discarded books and one very old teddy bear. Once I reached the curtain I drew it open and looked back to the room again. The books on the floor were too thick to be children's books, but they weren't books for fun reading. As I looked closer at the titles I found they were battle tactic books and a guide of how to be alpha. I had stumbled upon Darren's old bedroom.

The bed had an indent of a body that had laid there when the room was inhabited, and the pillow seemed worn. It even sported a few drops of blood that would've been from a bloody nose or cut. I leaned down to pick up the teddy bear, brushing the dust from it and stroking its curly fur. It was very pretty, and I could almost picture Darren cuddling it as he hid in this light yellow painted room. Even though it was painted to be a happy color I knew that this was a dark room. This is where Darren hid from his father after the long hours of training. I felt bad for him, I wish he had a happy childhood. Although that was what had made him who he was.

"His name was Beary." Darren's voice announced from the doorway. I jumped madly and scrambled around to face him. My wolf surfaced a little out of fear and surprise but I was able to keep her at bay. He chuckled. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." He leaned against the door frame casually with his arms crossed. His eyes bore a little sadness as he looked around the room and felt his emotions over whelm him. He swept his eyes around until they landed on ashamed me. "What are you doing in here, Rose?"

I blushed deeply and walked over to him slowly. "You gave me the key. I was just curious."

Darren reached out to take the bear from me and to shake the dust out of it. Then he tucked it underneath his arm and pulled me into a gentle hug. "Don't come in here, you don't need to see this room." He carefully pulled me back out of the room and then locked the room, keeping the bear underneath his arm.

I watched his posture, finding that he didnt see to upset about the room thing. Although he still took the keys and handled them back to me. I watched him, confused. Why did I still need the keys?

"Now, in the closet in that room there is another door. It leads underneath the mansion and outside of the city, if there's every an attack get out of town using that." His strong arm wrapped around my middle and he tugged me closer to him. "Now, Beary is my friend and you've got to take care of him." He passed the bear to me and then pressed his lips to my forehead. "Now, lets go test."

He began to walk back down the long red painted hallway towards our bedroom. I rushed behind him, finding that he was terribly had to keep up with. "Test what?" I whined, running after him.

"You're belly." He joked, I laughed a little out loud. He wanted to test if I was pregnant I think. Oh well I'd better figure out sooner than later.

"What happens if I not pregnant?" I hummed, not really worrying about it. I had to get pregnant sooner than later.

He laughed this time. "You are, I just know it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Took to long again lol I'm sorry. Comment please it helps me to know if you like what is happening.

On twitter @acookieissam