Status: Originally from my fanfiction account theMCRgirl17.

Love Is Love

I...I have... cancer...

Franks PoV

Tonight. I need to tell him at dinner tonight. No more hiding it. He's my boyfriend and he deserves the right to know what happened. "Frank? Why are you here? You were released from the hospital last week I thought" Gerard sat In the lobby of the hospital. I won't lie. I'm telling him now. I looked to the nurse beside me and bit my lip. "I'll give you some privacy." she said and left us alone in the empty lobby.
"what's going on. Youve been acting weird all week, and keep avoiding me!" Gerard frowned. I sighed.
"listen gee. I love you and always will. But I have something to tell you. I..." I trailed off unable to finish my sentence.
"you what?"
"I can't..." "can't what?"
"do this! I can't do it!" I said loudly.
Gerard scowled. "What's this? You won't answer me anymore Frank. You ignore me you avoid me you act like your hiding something!" He began to shout.
"...it's just all too much..." I leaned against the wall and curled up into a ball.
"Forget it. Don't tell me. Just know " Gerard got up from his chair and stormed away.
I couldn't hold it in any longer. "I have cancer Gerard!" I squeezed my eyes shut letting tears spill down my cheeks, waiting to hear the door slam shut. But it never came. Instead I heard footsteps coming towards me and shaky breathing.
"...what..?"
"I am diagnosed with liver cancer" I said in between sobs. Gerard put his finger under my chin and looked me in the eyes. And before I could respond he pulled me into a hug. "I love you Frank." Gerard cried softly. "I can't lose you..."
"Im at the hospital 3 times a week for therapy and I'm getting better they say." I try to comfort him but it doesn't work. I don't like seeing him like this. "But you still have cancer Frankie." his eyes were already puffy from the sobbing. I knew he was right. It didnt change anything.

"I won't die Gee."

"promise me that you won't." he slowed his breathing.

"I promise." I reassured him and it seemed to work. Gerard stopped crying. " I finished my therapy for the week so what do you say we go get coffee like old times." I smiled, but it wasn't the most sincere smile in the world. It was more of a 'trying-to-make-you-feel-better' smile.

"Okay." Gerard nodded, and together we left the hospital and went to the nearest Starbucks we could find.

Gerard's POV

"I have cancer Gerard!" He finally shouted out after a brief silence. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned. I slowly came near the small boy, my boyfriend, curled up in a ball against the wall.

"...what...?" was all I could manage to say.

"I am diagnosed with liver cancer." He said in between sobs. I looked him in the eye and hugged him close.

"I love you Frankie. I can't lose you." I began to cry too.
"I'm at the hospital 3 times a week for therapy and I'm getting better they say." He tried to smile, but it failed miserably. We continued to sob.

"But you still have cancer Frankie." I knew he tried to help me feel better, but it wasn't exactly working the way he had hoped.

"I won't die Gee." He whispered.

"Promise me you won't."
"Promise." He nodded. " I finished my therapy for the week so what do you say we go get coffee like old times." He tried to smile again.

"Okay." I nodded and followed him to the closest Starbucks.

"so..." I twiddled my thumbs. This was awkward...

"Soooo..." Frank replied, feeling the same way.

"Oh my gosh..." I cupped my hands over my mouth and whispered as I close my eyes.

"Gerard...?" I felt Franks hand on my shoulder. "Please don't cry..." He pleaded, but as the words came out I could tell he was crying again too. This was just too much for me to handle now.

"I should go." I stood up from the table. Frank stood up too.
"Okay."
"No, Frank, I need to go alone." I snapped. His face fell. "I just... need time... to sort it all out. Please understand. I really want you to come with me, but I just need to be alone. To think." I apologized. Frank nodded.
"Its okay Gerard. I get it. Its a lot to take in, y'know?" He hugged me one last time before I left. "goodnight Gee."

~*Time Lapse*~

"Gerard? Why are you up so early? I mean this is fine, but this early? On a saturday?" My mom came down stairs for work and saw me on the couch.

"Mom..."
"Yes sweetie? are you feeling alright?" She felt my forehead.

"Ya, I guess. But, what happens when someone...gets cancer..." I made the end of the sentence barely audible. Mom took my hands.
"oh no... Honey... he told you... didn't he." She frowned. My head hung down. "Oh dear he did." She hugged me tight. "He'll be okay Gerard. I know it." She smiled and stood up. "Now i gotta run. Have a good day." and then she left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY