Status: Working on it :) Comment/reccomend pretty please it makes me more inclined to write. :)

Would You Bargain With Hell?

Not Again

I hiked down the hallways slowly, taking my time to really notice how delicate and rich everything looked. The edges along the roof were covered with crown moulding. Like an old sculptor had been paid off to carve into our ceiling. Cubbies in the ceiling housed lights. The walls were painted light golden and the floor was wooden throughout the corridors.

The halls were long and spooky in most areas. The house boasted twenty rooms, but only four were occupied. Walking among the empty halls you can’t evade the thoughts of some kind of paranormal happening. I walked cautiously terrified the twin girl from The Shining would ask me to play.

I didn’t believe in the paranormal, but the thought is terrifying nonetheless.

I became familiar with my surroundings as I reached the grand dining room. An extravagant table perched on the gold carpet with upward of forty chairs. I had only been asked to eat at that table once, when Grace had company. I bowed my head, my eyes averting from the absurd chandelier. Through a small in the far wall behind the table was my dining room.

A child’s play table rested on the golden carpet and beside it a dog house. Gentry was inside. I kneeled before the green building. “Gentry.” I whistled.
v
I heard his little claws tap against the ground as he stretched comedically before exiting. Gentry was a little white Pomeranian. He had been a present for the girls on their 16th birthday. I remember hearing him bark nonstop the first week we had him, and the girls couldn’t take it anymore. So Marco took Gentry to get his vocal chords removed.

I thought it was harsh.

Gentry popped his front paws in the air, his tongue hanging out and his eyes happy. His curly tail flounced about like a flower blowing in a summer’s breeze. I talked to him like he was a young child. “Hey Gentry, Gentry! Are you hungry boy?”

He opened him mouth, of course no sound resonated. I nodded. “Stay here little man.” By far Gentry was my closest ally in the house
.
I walked through the grand dining room, and into the kitchen. A few chefs were occupied cooking and paid me no mind. I went to the corner where a stack of dog food was piled on top of a kitchen island. I grabbed a container and swiftly moved out. Back through the grand dining room and into my demeaning sad little dog’s dining room.

I popped open the can like a soda and set it down before the dog. He was content licking at it so I left.

The only way out was through the grand dining room, when I pushed open my door I saw the blonde threesome cackling about. I bit my lip hoping maybe they wouldn’t notice me if I was quiet.

It was all good and well until I made it to the door. Celine turned around, her oversized nose staring me in the face.

“Rayder, how good, we were looking for you.” She had that same belittling smile of her mother.

“Were you? What for, do you need assistance with something? “I looked at Sofie for a moment. She was shorter than the other girls, and she looked unhappy.

“We are going shopping, we thought it would be…insightful if you came too.” Celine was the boss of the three, Marie and Sofie hardly ever spoke shadowed by the blonde gremlin.

“I really do have enough clothes.” I tapped my foot anxiously.

“No one ever has enough clothes Rayder. Come with us.” She focused her gaze on me, I felt uncomfortable immediately.

“Okay, thank you for the offer.”

“Great!” She made an airy laugh and grabbed my hand, running to the garage and dragging me along with her. She pulled me inside the limo beside her, in the second row of seats. “What’s your favorite store Rayder? Is it Goodwill?”

“I don’t really shop.” I fixed my eyes blankly on the back of the leather seat in front of me.

Celine commanded the driver to take her to a store called Saks. I had never been in a store like that. When the limo came to a halt Celine dragged me out.

Saks Fifth Avenue, that’s what the sign said. But, by looking around I devised that it was not on Fifth Avenue. We paraded in; it was a flurry of clothes, of telling Celine she looked great in everything. After hundreds of wardrobe changes I thought we were nearing the end of this trip. It certainly hadn’t gone as awful as I imagined.

At checkout Celine was looking around. “Rayder,” she looked at me, her arms filled with clothes. “I think I left my phone in one of the changing rooms, could you go get it for me?”

“Alright.” I walked through a labyrinth of clothing racks, back to the row of changing rooms. From the view I couldn’t tell which one she had been in. I figured to check them in a row. The first one had nothing, nor the second or third. In the fourth one was a few pieces of crumpled up garments. I reckoned it had been Celine’s. I dug through the clothes until my palms were sweaty. Until I felt a piece of smooth metal.

I let out a long breath and made my way back to the register. When I looked, the girls weren’t there. I shrugged and headed to the street. The limo had left. I sighed and shrank down, hugging my knees. I had no idea how to get back to my house. Then an idea came to me. Maybe not a good one. I started dialing the phone.