Status: On Hiatus

Forever Is a Long Time

Smile for me

I sat in bed with Baby in my lap and watched as my granddad, Pat, and Liam inspected my room. They were going through my closet, drawers, bags, etc. They found the fridge in my closet first, but it was empty.

"Can you open that safe for us Cosette?" Pat asked pointing towards it.

I rolled my eyes and went down to the safe. I quickly put in the combo, then sat back on my bed. Pat opened it slowly "Jackpot" he exclaimed eyeing the ounce of weed in a ziplock bag, along with my bowl, rolling paper, and another ziplock bag filled with colorful pills.

"Why Cosette?" My grandad asked sadly.

I shrugged my shoulders

"Don't just shrug Cosette, answer Granddad." Liam stated angrily

"I like to have fun" I replied shrugging my shoulders again.

"You think this is fun Cosette?" Pat asked holding up the bags for me to see.

I shrugged again

"Dammit Cosette! What the hell is wrong with you!" Liam yelled tossing his hands in the air

"Things were better off with you gone ya know" I spat

That really ticked him off, his face turned red and he began to muffle things under his breath.

"Just leave Liam" I said getting off the bed and walking into my bathroom.

I waited until I heard them leave, then I turned on the shower and stripped off my clothes.

I stayed in the shower for what felt like hours, when I walked out I didn't bother to do my hair or makeup, I left it as is. I walked into my closet and put on some sweatpants and hoodie, I slipped on some boots and headed out of my room.

I reached for my keys in the bowl but they weren't in it.

"Where are my keys?" I asked walking into the family room where my grandparents were.

"You won't be needing them for a while" my granddad said not taking his eyes off the screen.

"What?" I asked angrily

"You're grounded, which means no car" Pat replied walking out from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal in his hands.

"Fine then I'll walk" I replied rolling my eyes.

I stormed out the house and instead of walking like I intended, I began to run. I ran to the closest train station so I can get to the studio apartment downtown. Luckily I had my wallet with me so I can pay the fair.

The ride to the studio was hectic the train was packed and it was delayed for half an hour. When I reached my stop I ran out of the station and down six blocks to the apartment. I had forgotten I didn't have my keys once I reached the door.

"Shit!" I yelled putting my hands behind my head. I was going to walk away but I had the urge to hit something so I kicked the door and it opened. Scared of what I just did, I grabbed the door to see if I had broke it open, but to my surprise it was unlocked and not closed properly. I debated on walking in, but decided to walk in either way. I closed the door slowly behind me, not locking it because if there's a serial killer I'm out.

I quietly walked towards the center of the studio and Liam was examining the art, he was staring at a sketch of he and I, it's a new piece Im still working on, it's of us when we were younger. He had to be about 5 and I was 4, his arms are wrapped around my neck in a tight embrace, we're both smiling happily. He looked down and grabbed the original photo off from the table and smiled at it.

"I'm so sorry Cosette" he said his voice cracking at the end of my name.

"I forgive you" I replied walking towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!!! Haha talk about having a writers block. Well I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I will be updating tomorrow (: Love ya lots!