Tragic Fates

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Eventually, we did wind up at the Hogwarts castle. I stood there staring up at the castle in awe. “It’s beautiful!” I smiled clinging to their sleeves as they shook their heads determined this is a bad idea. “It’s beautiful!” I shouted dashing inside leaving my bag at their ankles. “Lilah, I know this is very un-Slythierin behavior quoted from the Death Eaters.” Trinity grabbed the back of my sleeve whispering as I was joining their little huddled. “Bree, Lilah, promise me no matter what happens through in through, what house we get in and what people say we won’t abandon each other?” Trinity whispered as we nodded. "Also remember our last names, no one mentions the real ones, no mention of Death Eaters, and if someone says Potters we act like everyone else." Trinity replied as I titled my head. "Why?" I questioned as Bree shook her head being the smarter one. "To blend obviously." Bree smiled back.

Later that day

“Lilah! What did you pack! A log?” Trinity shouted finally catching up to me with Bree at her side smiling. A professor looked down at me from the stairs no one at all was gathered. “Girls what are you doing here?” she whispered flinching as she stared down at me and my sisters all gathered side by side.

“We came to learn, of course” I shouted waving my hand. The frantic teacher quickly took us to what seemed to be a really long dinning hall where they placed a hat on our heads. “Hmmm, name Lilah Lynn Riddle, as her two sisters are from her knowledge. Sadly seems somewhat oblivious needs to be taught the proper way to shop and various other daily living needs. So she isn't arrested” The hat mumbled as I smiled sitting there listening to the hat swinging my feet back and forth. I quickly glanced up at the word 'arrested' that was barely registered in my head. “I take high offense to that! You stupid
hat!” I shouted at the hat. As the hat rolled it's eyes as I shook my head planning my evil scheme for the school year as the hat began, choking? Hats can choke?

“Her sanity defiantly does not match the dark lord, the dark lord would have an impossible time catching up to her, I fear for the future of this place.” the hat said to me quickly. “I’m not that crazy” I laughed taking it as if an compliment. “Defiantly, but something makes me waver about this choice.” the hat begun humming “hey hat if you going to hum at least tell me the tune” I shouted at it as the room began laughing. “and your powers I bet they’d be quit erratic...it's impossible to tell if your incredibly strong or so weak you can't control them.” he sighed becoming more and more stressed upon my head. “Come on we don’t have all day, hat choose something for her” a table shouted still bored out their minds waiting for which ever class I would get. “Too erratic for Slytherins, my, it scares me the chaos they’d influence you to cause” the hat shivered as I swung my feet back and forth.

“Too erratic for anywhere, this is too confusing, can we please save this girl for last Dumbledore?” the hat turned to him. “You know we don’t just skip students.” he sighed. “Slytherin is the only place she belongs.” the hat sighed “the last thing is Gryffindor, but your mind it’s nothing that involves a Gryffindor” he sighed “Go annoy some Gryffindors!” the hat said finally. “Gryffindor it is!” Dumbledore shouted “NO!! I am not done making my judgments and prejudice comments of insanity against this girl” the hat replied “Too late!” I said jumping off the stool as the hat squealed “Lilah is now a Syltherin" I sat down after that watching what everyone else was doing within that time the hat had called almost everyone on the stands. “Trinity come up here!” the hat boomed as Trinity walked up the hat was put on her head. She was nearly last on the list.

Trinity’s POV

“You stupid hat, if you put me in any stupid classroom I’m going to take you rip you to shreds, burn you on top of the highest tower around here, than drop you in the lake with the mermaids off of my hippogriff.” she thought glaring up at it. “Than I’m going to pull you out of the lake burn you again pour salt over you, turn you into a snail and dye you pink” she thought as the hat looked down. “GRYFFINDOR”

“You stupid hat how can you obviously not see that I am obviously a Slytherin” she thought standing up and slamming the hat down under her foot “obviously because this hat is blind and wrinkly and old and ugly I am a self electing myself Slytherin” she sighed as Snape stood up clapping enthusiastically. He was quickly shushed and made to sit back down by the other teachers but that didn't stop the look of approval on his face.

Next was Bree while Trinity sat down in-between Lilah and Malfoy.
“Are you going to ‘hmmm’ all day?” Bree sighed as the hat looked down at her0 “I can’t find anything” he sighed. “maybe you’re just a broken hat; I mean hats aren’t supposed to talk in the first place...” she sighed as mummers passed threw the table at the giant head of the table. “What made them so high and mighty they think they can have the biggest table, and why did they have to send their table a different way” Lilah complained her head resting against the table as she waved at Draco to spite everyone, him quickly becoming frustrated and turning away, as Trinity cracked a smile resisting the urge to blush so flamboyantly as she turned away it wasn’t Lilah who was just playing he was looking at all this time. Trinity at that exact moment had captured his stare, as if possessing his soul (you never know with Slytherin maybe, just maybe she might learn something of use here) “not like she’d need it anyway” she thought to herself. As she glanced back to Bree’s, um trial?

Everything was suddenly reorganized in muggle court style and Bree was the head of the place. “Um did I miss something here” Trinity shrugged “while you where busy swooning over that over there” Lilah said pointing towards Draco “Bree took the castle by storm, apparently she’s influenced every one of them including Dumbledore, I’d say her position be the judge. The hat's on trial.” Lilah laughed keeping up with the hectic scene as Trinity shook her head.

Lilah’s POV 1st person

“Oh come on Trinity don’t think that” I smiled as she opened her eyes looking at me like I had read her mind or something. “Is there something your hiding from me?” I asked pointing at the random people we had just assorted as Bree sat crossed from us “Stupid hat” she muttered looking at her outfit, and it was the only one like it, she turned out to be all of them so they gave her a rainbow badge and just assorted her colors with Slytherin and Raven-Claw. “YEEAAAAHHH” I shouted lifting up a cup as an elder member quickly capped it. “I fear for us all if you drink that, the amount of energy you three contain alone, besides have soda instead.” he sighed handing me down a soda. He seemed kind for another of these so called Slytherins. “Wait till the festival's under their noses later.” he laughed almost as if to intimidate the ones who couldn’t hear him. “this invite is by word of mouth only, keep it to you three and the one the red head was flirting with alone.” he smiled as we nodded I could see it in their eyes as I knew it was sparkling in my own, excitement, our hearts pounding at the race joy and excitement of escaping even now on the first day.

“All the pureblooded Slytherin Wizards are invited, along with their dates, family, and anyone who can keep quiet.” Draco said almost with too much boast. “And what happens to those who can’t keep quiet?” Bree asked as I tried to get into a comfortable position, sitting on my legs as I began to eat.

"Lilah your shaking the whole table" Trinity glanced at me as I continued shaking it. "I'll
see you at the party later." Draco said jumping up to go talk to someone. "I'll see you down at the dorm before we go to the party." I laughed skipping away. "Professor Dumbledore would like to see you" some lady said I think her name started with an M or something. "Okay-dokey" I said skipping to wherever till I actually did manage to find him in the almost empty castle everyone either in their dorms or celebrating as they ate dinner in the great hall.

“Whose are these?” I asked smiling at the cat in Dumbledore’s office as the one named Golem purred clinging to me. “They were going to be my granddaughter’s cats, but they either died with their mother or were kidnapped no one can find them up to this day.” Dumbledore sighed sitting at his post as he looked glumly over the sleeping kittens. “So why have you called me here again?” I asked scratching my head. “yes, I am getting a little old, can you take care of these cats for me? As for your sisters, these two?” Dumbledore asked as I looked at him. “I didn’t tell you about my sisters.” I said. “Sorry utterly confused, you reminded me of someone I used to know.” he sighed as I picked the basket up “But of course, we will take care of them” I smiled happily petting the already named cats.

"Hey Trin" I smiled closing the door to my dorm behind me as I looked around at the separate dorm the Slytherin's each had a main housing area, like a common room, than a magical door that opened that opened up to wherever your room was. Most Slytherin's bunked in three's or even fours. Luckily for us it was just me, Trinity, and Bree.

"Took you long enough." Trinity huffed rolling over to the side of her bed stuff still not yet unpacked as I stuck my head into the room. "I brought something, and strangely it's from the Gryffindor headmaster." I smiled. "Don't tell me a detention already?" the girl's both turned to me quickly as I opened the door a little more the three cats who had refused to let me carry them in the basket after accidentally dropping them down the first of seven flights of stairs. So they just followed me back to the dorm. "That's kind of him, I wonder why the Gryffindor headmaster would give us Slytherins' these cats" Trinity said already suspicious with her careful caution.

Begin raised by death-eaters and all, I half expected her to check the cookies, in the basket where the cats were, for poison. "It's good for immunity against it." Trinity shot me a look as if reading my mind she was referring to the poison. I rolled my eyes a book in my hand, the white fur ball curled under my arm, half in my lap, half on the green bed staring at the book as if he was reading it with me.

Trinity and Bree were talking about something as I slowly zoned in and out of sleep, till they decided to wake me for the party later. Quickly falling asleep.