Tragic Fates

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I woke up slowly glancing around as I finally found a paper next to me. "Lilah you're late for the party" ~Trinity and Bree.

I sighed, dressing in one of the nicer dresses as I headed down the stairs quickly and quietly as possible. "Jerks..." I whispered to myself trying to find the proper directions to the super secret party. "That's not something to say of your elder sister." someone said hooking their arm in mine. "Malfoy not the time." I snapped quickly. "Don't worry, I came to get you." Draco sighed as I nodded. "So you were invited too?" I mumbled in question. "Sort of, us pureblood families have to stick together." He replied leading me down the halls.

"So why would you help me?" I mumbled unsure about his motives. "It's a secret." He replied his steps became a lot lighter than my own as I grew jealous of him being able to walk around in stupid shoes while I was stuck with loud clicking heels. "You want to score brownie points with Trinity." I knew instantly as he fell completely silent his ears turning red. "Maybe..." he muttered I noticed that his voice was low enough almost to be missed if you weren't paying attention. Well in the least he was being honest.

Suddenly his steps stopped as I caught up to see what he was looking at, I had been walking behind him the whole time I hadn't become lost because of his tight grip on my wrist. "What's the matter Malfoy?" I replied impatiently trying to get to the party as a voice echoed from a crossed the hall. "Harry what is it?" a cross voice snapped, I looked at the 'famous so-called' Harry on his way to his own dorm shooting off a quick glare towards Draco as our paths crossed. Why was it I couldn't remember his last name? Not a drop of an idea came my way as I looked over Draco's shoulder towards the boy ahead of us.

"What's the matter Draco?" I said struggling to suppress irritation on how impatient I was. "Nothing let's get to that party, I can't impress your sister if we never show up." He smiled suddenly as he turned the corridor hurrying away from the boy. "He probably wasn't important anyway." My mind pushed him aside quickly as I stared around looking at the amazing
decorations the place littered in billions of colors. "I found our stray mouse, we can start." Draco smiled as I waved feeling brilliant. "The center of attention is the place to remain" Bellatrix's voice remained in my mind. It was one of the times when I was younger we were having a big party for some reason not that I could remember, but Bellatrix, Bellatrix was happy a strange drink in her hand laughing herself giddy as she rambled about something the only thing that came out properly in that speech was that single sentence.

"Come on let's party!" The Syltherin that had invited us cheered everyone turned to him, smiled, and than begun the party. He was obviously a man of stature amongst the Syltherins most likely we, meaning my sisters and I, would find out more of him later. Music blaring at the lights turned to fade. "Hey you finally woke up!" Trinity and Bree smiled over by the punch bar. "Yeah, I came and found her." Malfoy smiled next to me as Bree nodded and Trinity pretended to be interested in something else.

Malfoy struggled to look the opposite way. "So you meet anyone interesting in the party yet?" Bree asked as I shook my head. Trinity turned back towards us smiling as I wondered what had happened while I was asleep down at the party.

"Um Trinity, can I talk to you?" Malfoy asked luring her away. "Don't use the word luring it sounds creepy" Bree stated. "I was not" I said stomping away as she looked slightly confused.

The party was amazing but there was still one thing bugging my mind, I knew it shouldn't have been but it did. I felt it deeply inside my own heart. Was the way that Gryffindor looked at me hurting me so much I couldn't think straight? Why was that? That person I barely knew turned to me and looked at me with so much anger it twisted around my insides. Quickly pushing away the feelings I begun to mingle amongst the other's from the party letting everyone else start the conversations and than trailing into them to 'blend' as Bree had so called it. "...And than the hippogriff sent him flying all the way a crossed my Dad's mansion!" One of the other's maybe a year or two older than me had begun telling a story as we all laughed as if we were entertained by listening about his riches. I on the other hand felt annoyed. "Why should I have to listen to someone tell stories about how
rich he is when he's lower than me? Common scum compared to me." I glanced away beginning to walk in a different direction.

"Is the party boring you already?" One of Malfoy's lackeys wandered up to me as I glanced at them already wanting to move to a different side of the room. "No, I'm just looking around...I've got to get used to the common room if I'm at least not going to get lost in the castle." I muttered turning away. "Hey have you heard of that rumor yet about the castle having an even deeper basement?" one of them muttered to the other. "Oh yeah, what is it about?" I asked turning back to them crossing my arms. Waiting for them to spill the rumor. "Well you know apparently there's a rumor about the place." One of the lackeys stuttered. "Well ya know, it's really unclear." The lackeys quickly snuck away as if they were afraid to even mention it.

"I'll find out sooner or later." I muttered storming away taking food from the table and than glancing around at everyone's collections. "I know that look." Trinity was backing from her extended conversation with Malfoy. "What look?" I mentioned glancing back at her. "Leave the sticky fingers for the Gryffindors' homework if it's really that necessary for you to steal things." Trinity sighed obviously not encouraging the behavior. "You shouldn't doubt me all the time, of course I wasn't planning on stealing anything of our dear dorm mates' things, I am only twelve you know." I smiled back at her skipping around as my hand tightened around my drink upset that I had been caught. Trinity always seemed to know something that I didn't the only question was though what it was. I quickly brushed those thoughts aside realizing Trinity did have a point. I should start with stealing from the Gryffindors. I let a smile slowly curve to my face wondering what I would find over near the Gryffindor's place. The first thing on my list of things to steal. The password into their commons.