‹ Prequel: Original Love

Remembering Sundays

The Eleventh Sunday

Zack’s phone suddenly ran and he didn’t even hear it at first since it was so noisy around him. But he finally found it just as the last ring came and flipped it open seeing that Ben was the one calling him.

“Are you here?”

“Well hello to you too,” Ben replied on the other end. He could hear him honking in the background and the same honk echoing down the road a little. “But yes I am, get your ass to the curb so I can find you and we can get out of this madness.”

Zack heard the dial tone come before he could say anything and just shoved his phone back into his pocket and took a few steps forward. When he spotted his best friend’s car in the middle of the crazy airport traffic, he waved his hand and Ben pulled up to the side. He nodded to Ben to tell him to pop the trunk open and made his way to the back to shove his bags inside before getting into the passenger seat telling Ben to drive.

He was just getting back to LA finally from Baltimore. They had gotten back from the UK a few days before hand and Zack had stayed in Maryland to help them settle and do a few press things but now he was finally back. Ben had left about a week and a half before they had from the UK and this was the first time he was seeing him since. So to say it was nice to be back home and with friends was an understatement.

“So, I need to stop for gas quick before we go back to your place to drop your stuff before we meet up with Carrie and everyone else.” Ben mentioned as he got back on the main road heading back towards Zack’s place.

When they got to the gas station, Ben got out to fill up his car while Zack sat back and pulled out his phone. He opened up his twitter app to pass the time and after reading through some of the tweets he had missed, he pressed the button to write a new tweet and then began typing it out.

@ZackAllTimeLow: Good to be back home. Plan on doing nothing but soaking up some sun and waves before I have to leave for another amazing tour…

He pressed send just as Ben was getting back in the car a few minutes later with a weird look on his face and Zack couldn’t help but to ask why.

“There was this dude filling up next to me in a complete tux, like bowtie, fancy scarf and all. It was weird.” Ben explained as he began to head back towards Zack’s apartment again.

Zack shook his head, “that’s why you had that weird look? He was probably going to a wedding or something.”

“But then he’ll smell like gas, shouldn’t he have filled up before hand? Who wears bowties anymore anyway?”

Zack laughed, “you’re putting way too much thought into this. But Jack and Alex actually still wear bowties. Well they did for a wedding recently that is. So I guess bowties are still sort of in.”

“It’s still weird,” Ben muttered.

Zack just rolled his eyes and let the conversation go. Why his best friend was thinking so far into this was beyond him. But he would probably never understand how Ben’s mind worked, that was a fact that he had come to terms with soon after they had become friends. He was crazy and strange and totally random and he was surprisingly used to it by now.

When they got back to Zack’s place, he grabbed all his stuff and headed up to his apartment. Zack left Ben to whatever it he decided to do on his TV, either video games or some girly show to entertain him as usual, while he headed to his room to put his stuff away. Turning on some music, he went to unpacking realizing he was just going to have to repack in a matter of a month and a half before he left for tour again, but such was life. He really couldn’t control that and really didn’t want to live out of his bags for the remainder of the time he was at home and just sucked it up and continued to unpack everything he had taken.

“Yo Zack!” Ben yelled from the main room just as he was stepping out of the bathroom. He had just finished taking a quick shower after he had unpacked everything and instead of Ben being a normal person and just getting up to talk to him, he thought yelling through his apartment was the best option. So to say Zack hadn’t gotten a complaint from any of his neighbors yet was very surprising. But it’s not like he was ever home long enough to let Ben yell every day, so it wasn’t that big of a deal, just annoying.

He sighed as he turned to walk down the hallway to where Ben was sitting playing Mario Kart so he wouldn’t be yelling through his apartment anymore. “What is so important that you’re yelling about it?”

“Carrie called and said that we’re meeting at the pub in a hour. So stop standing around in nothing but your towel and hurry up.” Ben replied as he paused his game and looked up. “Even if you do look sexy like that,”

“I think Jack’s weirdness rubbed off on you during tour,”

Ben shrugged and just went back to his game so Zack just turned and went back to his room to change. If Ben said that Carrie texted him telling him they had a hour, that meant that she had texted him about a half hour ago and he just remembered to tell him so that meant he had literally five minutes to change and be out the door since the place they were meeting at was about twenty minutes away on a good day. And at that time of night, they were going to hit traffic so they were cutting it close.

He grabbed a pair of jeans and a random shirt not really caring as long it was clean since they were probably only going to go out and grab food before going to see a movie or go to a pub that night so it really didn’t matter. After he finished changing, he grabbed his phone, wallet, and a pair of shoes putting them on and putting the objects in their correct pockets before heading back out to where Ben was to tell him to hurry up since they were going to be later.

As he was waiting for Ben to get ready, his phone made a noise telling him he had a new alert. Pulling it out and checking the time, he gave another warning to Ben telling him to get a move on as he opened his Twitter app after realizing the alert was from a reply to one of his early tweets. After he had it opened and was about to read it, Ben called that he was ready and Zack was beginning to turn to follow Ben out to the car when he stopped walking when he saw who the tweet was from and what it said.

@Of_Clumsy_Words: @ZackAllTimeLow You’re back in town? That’s so great! Maybe we should meet up sometime. You do need to give me my necklace back after all ;D
♠ ♠ ♠
So yes I skipped ahead a little but I needed to otherwise it would just get sort of repetitive and this is the tenth chapter so I need to get things moving a little more.

Anyway, so last night I went to go see A Rocket To The Moon and All Time Low just so happened to be in town also. So my friend and I decided to go concert hopping last night since The Summer Set did a secret accoustic show after the main show in Chicago and we missed it and wanted to see if they were doing one here too. We were a hour away from the other venue but I drove super fast and made it before the show ended. So we sat outside the venue and listened to the last twenty or thirty minutes of ATL's set (since you could hear it from a block away since they're that freaking loud) and then tried to see if TSS was having their accousting thing. Sad to say they didn't but it was still fun to wait and hear some stuff from ATL again too. Lol

But beside that random off topic little snipet, I wanted to also mention that I'm going out of town on thursday and this will probably be the only update this week until I get back next week. I might try and sneak another in but I'm not really sure because I need to pack and theres a crap load of stuff I need to do before we leave. But I jsut wanted to let you guys know. Also thanks to all my new subs! I have 15 now! I can't believe it! And also thanks to upxallxnight for the comments! Keep them coming!!!