‹ Prequel: Original Love

Remembering Sundays

The Fifteenth Sunday

“Jesus Ben, how much crap do you have?” Zack asked as he carried another box out to the truck and heading up to his own apartment.

It was the day that Ben was officially moving in with Zack. The apartment building the other boy lived at was being torn down and being made into a freeway so Ben really didn’t have any other place to go. And once Zack had heard about this, he suggested that Ben just move in with him instead of trying to find a new place since Ben already basically lived at his place. It was the solution that made the most sense and so Ben had agreed and it was now moving day. Only Zack really hadn’t realized how much stuff his best friend actually had. Thankfully he had two extra rooms at his place that they could put all his crap until he figured out what to do with it.

Zack’s apartment was only a five minute drive from the beach which worked out perfectly for Ben since he taught all those surfing classes all the time and it usually took him about twenty from his old place. So there was more than one advantage for the boy to move in to his place. But Zack just hoped that they didn’t try to kill each other after the first week. Though something told him that it wasn’t going to get that bad, they survived in a tour bus in England together for a few weeks together so there really shouldn’t be that much difference to living in an apartment together. Besides, Zack was on tour a lot so Ben would have it all to himself over half a year and it was easier to check on his mail when he was away if they just lived together.

“Sorry dude, my old manager didn’t give me a lot of heads up when I had to move. Otherwise I would have gone through all of this and donated before I started packing.” Ben replied behind him as he followed him down the hall to their apartment.

Zack just rolled his eyes even though his best friend couldn’t see him as he kicked his front door open and walked inside. They were almost done unpacking, only having Ben’s bed and a few more boxes to bring in. When they walked into the main room, Zack saw their friend Carrie going through some of the boxes they had put in their trying to figure exactly where Ben’s things needed to go.

“Is that it?” The blonde girl asked as Zack set the box down. He just shook his head in replied and the girl rolled her eyes and smirked as Ben walked in also. “And they say girls have a lot of stuff.”

“Hey! Be nice to me!” Ben whined as he set the box down. “We have like two more trips left and then we’re done.”

“Thank God,” Zack muttered as the two of them walked back out to the hallway to grab the rest of his things.

Nearly two hours later they were almost finished unpacking. Carrie and Aaron had left nearly a hour ago leaving the boys to put the furniture together and get the last of Ben’s things set up. Just as they were putting the mattress on the bed, the door bell rang and Ben instantly let go of his end of the mattress leaving Zack to wrestle it onto the bed frame as his best friend when running out of the room to get the door.

“Pizza’s here!” Ben yelled from the other room just as Zack finally got the damn thing in its proper place. He took a moment to catch his breath before heading out of the room and down the hall to where Ben was already sitting in front of the tv with two boxes of pizza open on the coffee table in front of him and munching on a slice.

Zack went into the kitchen and headed straight for the fridge to grab two cans of soda and then some napkins since he knew that Ben was going to make a mess. Handing one to his best friend, neither of them said anything as they watched a random movie playing on tv and relaxing after all the moving they had done that day. They both made a silent agreement that that was all they were going to do for the day as they settled back on the couch after both pizza’s were gone and stared up one of their saved games on the Xbox.

As they sat and played, Zack suddenly remembered that he was going to have to leave for tour in a matter of weeks. He had already been home for a month already and now in two weeks time he was going to be on a plan heading back for Baltimore to start another tour. To say that his heart was torn in two was saying it lightly. He wanted to stay, to be with Emma, it felt like it had only been a matter of days since he had gotten back and talked to her for the first time. But yet he loved what he did. Touring, traveling the world, playing music, being with his best friends, that was something he would never want to give up.

Giving a rather loud sigh he hadn’t realized he had done, Ben looked over to him with a brow raised. “What’s up with you?”

“I’m leaving for Baltimore in a few weeks.”

“Aw will you miss me?”

Zack didn’t even need to think about that before he answered, “no.”

“Aw you’re mean,” Ben pouted as Zack just laughed and grabbed the last slice of pizza one of them must have missed.

Zack rolled his eyes, “what? You can’t tell me I shouldn’t be at least a little worried about leaving you in our apartment alone while I’m gone, right?”

“Hey! You’ve left me in charge before when you were gone!”

“You weren’t living in my apartment then.” Zack replied with another sigh. “I’m just having mixed feelings about going.”

Ben smiled as he reached over to give his shoulder a light squeeze, “Emma, the apartment and I will all be here for you when you get back. Don’t worry!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh. This is sort of a crap filler chapter. Sorry. Just kind of filling in the spaces before Zack leaves for tour. Two more chapters and then he'll be in Baltimore so just bear with me. Lol

Anyway thanks to upxallxnight and a new commenter mystery gurl for the comments! =}

Next chapter should be up sometime next week!