‹ Prequel: Original Love

Remembering Sundays

The Sixteenth Sunday (Part Two)

Alex's POV: 

When they were finished with practice, Jack, Alex, and Zack all piled into Alex's car to go pick up the girls at Jack's apartment like they had planned before the girls left. Once they got there, Alex and Jack shared a look when they found both girls spawled out on the couch in front of the tv with a random movie on. But that wasn't what had them so humored. No, it was the fact that both girls weren't even watching the tv but were doubled over laughing at what one of them had said and were nearly crying. Alex couldn't help but love the fact that the two were already seeming to get along great. Which was good since he knew that both he and Jack planned on keeping the girls around for a long time.

His relationship with Charlie was the only real commited one he had had since Lisa. Their relationship had lasted long and they ended on good terms and were still really good friends. And Alex just hoped that if Charlie and he ever broke up, God forbid, that theirs would end up like his and Lisa's did. They still kept in touch and saw each other at least once whenever he was back in Baltimore. But honestly Alex had a feeling that this relationship was going to last. He could see it going even farther than his and Lisa's had.

"Jeez girls, whats got your panties in a twist? And do you need help untwisting them?" Jack asked finally announcing their presence since the girls hadn't heard them come in.

Both of them turned to see the three of them standing there and didn't try to hide their shock. Then after a few moment silence they both started laughing again making Alex crack a smile also.

"When did you guys get here?" Erica asked as the boys joined them on the couch next to them and Zack disappeared to put his bags in his room.

Jack smirked as he reached forward to grab a handful of chips from the open bag on the table. "Long enough to see you two almost peeing yourselves over whatever it was that was so damn funny. You still haven't told us by the way."

"Why don't you use your imagination," Charlie suggested making Jack's smirk turn devilish while he wiggled his eyebrows at them.

"I don't think you want to say that Charlie," Zack said as he walked back into the room. All four of them turned to see him wearing a creeped out expression and just laughed. "Anyway, don't we have to leave for the pub soon? Everyone is going to give us shit if we're late. Charlie and I are the guests of honor after all."

Alex just rolled his eyes as his girlfriend smirked at that and stood from the couch. Putting the snacks away quickly and turning the TV off they all grabbed their things and headed out to the cars. Alex took Charlie's hand and lead her to his car 
as the other three went to Jack's. Getting in, he started the car up and began to follow Jack towards the place where they were meeting everyone else.

"Hey babe," he started, reaching over the console to take her hand in his as she turned to face him. "Just to let you know my parents are probably going to be there tonight."

Her eyes widened once he said that and started to worry her lip. Something she did when she was nervous and he gave her an encouraging smile and squeezed her hand. "But you have nothing to worry about. They're really excited to meet you, they'll love you! I'm sure of it!"

Charlie just nodded slighty and turned to look out he window again ans they fell into silence. The drive only took about ten minutes and as he was pulling into the parking lot he felt her hand tighten around his and squeezed it back as he took the parking spot next to Jack's and turned off the car. But he didn't let go of her hand to get out just yet but instead turned to face her.

Alex could see the worry and doubt in her eyes and reached over to touch her cheek lightly. "Please don't worry. I didn't tell you that to freak you out. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you didn't find out after they were already there. Everything will be fine, you'll see."

"Promise?"

He nodded without hesitation, "I promise."

It took her a moment until she nodded also and he squeezed her hand once more before letting it go and getting out of the car. Charlie did also and as soon as they were standing and Alex was just locking his car she rushed over and tucked herself into his side, holding onto his shirt. He instantly wrapped his arm around her as he lead her over to Jack and the others who were stil waiting for them and then headed inside the pub. As soon as they walked in, Alex instantly knew that the rest of their friends were their due to the noise coming from the back of the place. Tightening his arm that was around Charlie's waist as a comfort, he lead her back towards the rest of their crazy group to meet the rest of them.

She had already met Rian and Zack and the rest of the crew last time they were in Wisconsin. But the rest of their friends back home and the girlfriends and Alex's parents had yet to be introduced. Of course Jack and he had told everyone all about her which made the rest of them want to meet her even more. They had been dating for about five months now and everyone had been on his ass about finally meeting her and they were finally getting their way.

"About time you showed up!" Greico yelled, being the first to notice them. It only took two seconds after that to notice who was attatched to Alex's side for his eyes to light up when he saw her. "Charlie's here!"

Said girl blushed as she tried to hide herself into Alex's side and he grinned as he noticed her shyness showing itself again.

"Wait, Charlie as is Alex's girlfriend is here?" An all too familiar blonde girl asked as she pushed through the crowds of friends and Lisa appeared. "Oh my God, it's about time Lex!"

Alex rolled his eyes at the girl as he awkwardly hugged her since Charlie still refused to let go of him. Once they parted, he introduced Lisa to Charlie and the blonde girl gave his girlfriend a huge hug and welcomed her. After he managed to pull Charlie away from Lisa since the girl decided to gush over her and talk nonstop like she usually did, he began to lead her around and introduce her to everyone else. 

Rian's girlfriend Cassadee was there also and had been wanting to meet her almost as bad as Lisa had and had the exact same reaction. There were a few other friends and band members relitives to introduce Charlie to until the two most important came. Alex's parents. He could spot them across the room talking to Jack's parents and asked her if she was ready as they made their way through the room. Charlie just nodded slightly and held his hand in a death grip as they looked up and smiled as they approached.

"Hey mum and dad," Alex said as he hugged said woman and then also hugged his father. 

His mother smiled as she looked to Charlie next to him and then back a her son. "Who is this Alexander?" She asked in her thick British accent.

"My girlfriend, Charlie,"

At that both of his parents had a look of recognition appear as they finally were able to put a name to a face. They both were now grinning widely as his mother stepped forward and pulled her in for a hug, mentioning that she was happy to finally meet the 'love of Alexander's life' and making them both blush.

"It's really nice to meet you too Mr. and Mrs. Gaskarth," Charlie replied as she reached out to shake his dads hand but he also just pulled her in for a hug.

His mother just laughed and told her to call them by their first names as they began to ask her about herself. Alex notcied that after the first few minutes that Charlie seemed to relax a little as she laughed and talked with his parents. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to her head and mentioned he was going to grab some drinks for them and all she did was nod, not wanting to stop their conversation they were having as he walked away.

Alex could help the silly look on his face as he made his way over to the bar. His parents finally met the girl he was already planning a future with and couldn't he happier. He had the dream job, great family, awesome friends, and an amazing girfriend. Life seriously couldn't get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heya guys! So just to let you know first off, my computer decided to crap out on me so I have written and posted this whole chapter on my iPod. So please ignore any of the bad grammer or spelling errors. I tried to fix anything that I could find but I might have missed some things so kindly ignore all that.

Also, like I said last chapter, Charlie and Erica are going to become more main characters later on and I've created somewhat of a back story on them. And because their backstory is too long and detailed to put as a few paragraphs in this story, I've decided to make a prequel of sorts called Original Love which you can find here. It takes place a few months before this story begins and only focuses on Jack and Alex's relationships with Charlie and Erica. Rian and Zack will also be mentioned but nothing about Zack and Emma will be directly talked about in it. It's just something that I've had stuck in my head for a while and wanted to actually write it and share it with people. So if you're interested go check it out! The first chapter should be up sometime tomorrow! =}