‹ Prequel: Original Love

Remembering Sundays

The Second Sunday

The next time he saw her was on another Sunday, the week after the first. That time, instead of it being at a coffee shop, it was at a music store. He had been carelessly browsing through the store, looking for any new music that seemed to catch his eyes when a random laugh sounded through the store, making him glance up from whatever cd he had been looking at.

At first, he hadn’t even believed it was her. He had merely glanced up and was about to look away when he caught the familiar pair of eyes glancing at something behind him. At first he was stuck there, glued to the floor as he stared, watching her talk to the person who had laughed and made him look up. He couldn’t hear what she was saying but her lips were moving fast and she had a huge smile on her face as her hands moved as she explained whatever it was that was so interesting to her and her friend.

She was with a short blonde haired girl with brown eyes and a round face. But in all honesty he just gave her friend a small glance before turning back to her. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a Glamour Kills shirt which made him smile since it was one of his favorite designs of Marky’s fall line he had released a few weeks ago. Her hair was up in a messy ponytail this time and her blue eyes were framed by black square glasses. Yet again she looked beautiful and he was still trying to figure out why he was acting like this whenever he saw her.

And yet again his heart was beating fast and he couldn’t stop staring at her. If she ever did notice that they kept running into each other at random places and that he stared at her every time, he could only imagine how freaked out she would get. He would probably have a few restraining orders against him. He would have never thought he would ever have even the thought of a restraining order against him; he saved all those thoughts for Jack since whenever he flirted it somehow turned creepy but whatever. But this was getting a little ridiculous, but he couldn’t help it, for once he didn’t have control over his emotions.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by a sudden hand coming to squeeze his shoulder, making him jump and turned around to see Ben standing there with an amused expression. Rolling his eyes, he forced himself not to turn and look at the girl once again and instead act as normal as possible so Ben didn’t think he was acting strange.

“Are you almost done in here dude? I want food!” Ben said as he ran a hand through his shaggy, curly, blonde hair. He was defiantly the definition of what a surfer usually looks like; blonde hair, muscular, always wearing shorts or swim trunks and loose shirts and flip flops. He was the very definition and actually started up a surfing school since girls would always come up and ask him for lessons.

That’s how they had met actually, while surfing one day. Zack had surfed before but they had seen each other quite a few times on the beach in the early mornings about to catch the first few waves that the morning brought. Every now and then Ben would give him tips and Zack would invite him to grab coffee after they had spent the entire morning on the water. That’s how the whole friendship had started out and after Zack had told him what he did he ended up teaching Ben a thing or two about guitar and had random nights where they would bounce ideas off of each other and different guitar riffs and melodies. They had somehow instantly clicked even though they were total opposites. Ben was outgoing and loud while Zack was quiet and took a while to open up, but now years later they were best of friends.

“Yo! Earth to Zack! Are you even listening to me?”

Zack shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts as he found himself glancing at the girl again and prayed that Ben didn’t notice or that he had passed off the staring to casually glancing around the store. And when he looked to his friend, he saw that he hadn’t noticed, or he was getting better at his poker face, something that he had been horrible at ever since they met.

“Sorry, what did you say?”

Ben rolled his eyes and picked up a random cd, making a face at it as he set it back down. “I asked if you wanted to go get food first or hit the video store.”

“Oh, uh, it doesn’t matter really,” Zack replied as he glanced at the cd Ben had just put down and realized that it had been Blink 182’s Enema of the State. Another thing that really was surprising about their friendship, they had totally different music tastes.

“So food first then,”

“Sure why not,”

Ben nodded eagerly, “then hurry your ass up and get your cd’s. I’m hungry.”

He just rolled his eyes and began making his way to the check out, forcing himself not to look back and take one last glance at the girl. Ben was right behind him, humming away to some random song he knew or was currently making up, looking around and poking around at the random little gadgets and things on the shelves next to the line. Just as the person in front of him stepped forward to pay for their things, Zack finally allowed himself to look behind him to see the girl once more.

“Why don’t you just go talk to her?” Ben asked as Zack whipped his head around and gave him a shocked glance. Ben just gave him a teasing smirk and nodded to where the girl had been when had first seen her at the cd’s. “Don’t think I didn’t notice you checking that girl out, you’re not as sneaky as you look.”

Zack just rolled his eyes and looked to see if the person in front of him was done to hide the blush that was growing on his cheeks. Ben chuckled behind him, apparently not going to let it go any time soon since he continued.

“Give me your stuff, I’ll take your place in line so you can go and talk to her.”

Zack looked up at his friend once more and saw the seriousness in his eyes and after a few moments of debating, he nodded, handing his two cd’s over to him. Scanning the store to find where she went he heard Ben muttering about his weird music taste but chose to ignore him in favor of finding where she went and figuring out what he was going to say. But looking around the store, he realized that she wasn’t even there anymore. He did a double check, much like he did the first time at the coffee shop, but found that she was gone. She must have left while he was talking to Ben and making his way up to the checkout.

Sighing, he walked up to where Ben was now paying for his cd’s and handed a twenty over to the clerk before Ben could pay. Ben raised his brows at him when he saw him standing there and Zack just shook his head silently telling his friends that he’d tell him later. The other boy just shrugged in return and smiled to the girl who was handing Zack his change and bag full of cd’s back and stepped up to say a overly kind thank you, making her blush.

Zack just shook his head at his friend as he walked away, heading to the door leaving Ben to his flirting. He stood outside, leaning against the wall of the store pulling out his phone so he had something to do while Ben was busy inside. The door to the store opened and Zack glanced up and saw Ben walking out with a huge smile on his face and a piece of paper in his hand and he just shook his head at him as he fell in step next to him as they continued down the sidewalk.

“So I take it you got her number?”

Ben nodded, “Which is more than I can say you did.”

“Hey, I was going to go talk to her but she was gone, again.”

“What do you mean again?” Ben asked as they walked into another store a few down from the cd store.

Zack just sighed as he explained what had happened a week ago when Zack had seen her for the first time right before Ben picked him up. Ben just nodded, listening intently to what he was saying as they halfheartedly scanned the shop for anything that caught their eye. That was another great thing about Ben, he always listened. No matter if it was just something dumb or the most important thing in the world Ben listened and gave his advice ever. And that was exactly what happened after Zack finished telling him about the girl.

“Dude, I’m telling you, you need to talk to her. Next time you see her, I don’t care if you’re nervous or in the middle of a phone call or anything, you need to talk to her!” He pointed a finger at Zack as he said this and had one of the most serious looks he had ever seen on the other boy making him stand there and smirk at his friend for being so serious about it. “Promise me!”

Zack sighed and ran a hand through his hair, ready to change the subject. “Fine, I promise. But in all honestly I don’t even know if there’ll be a next time. I never know when I’m going to see her and it was complete chance that I ran into her again.”

“Oh trust me dude, there’ll be a next time!” Ben promised as he smirked at his friend and then went on to look at the things around the store dropping the subject for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok people so I'm a little nervous about this story. I had a different plan but I changed it when I listened to Remembering Sunday.... Kind of dumb and random I know but for some reason this one sounded better... Dunno. Anyway so I changed it and I'm sort of winging it while writing these chapters. Yes I know what I want to happen but with my other stories I've had more of an idea whats going to happen when. But this story's different and I'm a little worried about how it's going to turn out. I usually end up ditching the story if it's not working and forget about it (as have happened with some of my other stories) but I don't want this to happen for this one...

So feedback would be amazing to help me know if this is going good or not. I don't know why I'm freaking out so much on this one but I am. I can't explain it. But good news is that as I'm writing this I'm listening to ATL's new song and it's helping me write so guess what I'll be listening to all day... Lol yeah.

But anyway, next chapter should be up on Monday since I'm working this weekend so keep an eye out for that and thanks to my three commenters and my one rec! You guys are amazing!!! =D