‹ Prequel: Original Love

Remembering Sundays

The Seventh Sunday

The sound of beeping filled the small bunk, waking Zack up from sleep. He groaned as he rolled over and tried to fall back asleep but it came again making his sigh in frustration. Rolling onto his back, he dug through his bunk, trying to find the object getting more annoyed when it took longer to locate. If this was Ben texting him, being a moron with some dumb text saying something random like good night or I pooped he’s going to kill him when he gets back home.

They had played shows a week and a half straight and finally had a few days off. Zack had planned on using the first day to sleep in and catch up on sleep, but it looked like that wasn’t happening any time soon. Or at least until he could find his phone, which was still beeping, and turn it off so he could sleep. That, or chuck it out the window and never replace it. The second one sounded like a good option.

When he finally found it, he blinked against the bright light and squinted his eyes to read. He was too lazy to try and find his glasses so it took him a moment longer than usual to figure out who texted him. But when he did, he woke up immediately, considering who the text, well actually tweet was from. Instead of trying to read it without his glasses, he decided to just grab them quick since it would be easier than finding his phone since he actually remember where he had placed them last night.

After grabbing his glasses, he excitedly opened his Twitter app and went to his replies and opened it to read what she had written.

@Of_Clumsy_Words: @ZackAllTimeLow I saw some video’s from the concert last night. Looked amazing! I wish I could have seen it in person.

He smiled to himself as he reread the tweet. Half of the reason he was so tired was that he had also stayed up late last night talking to Em. After she had tweeted him a week ago, he had checked her profile and asked her to describe the necklace before allowing himself to fully believe that it was her. But her profile picture matched and she described the necklace perfectly proving it was really her. And he also finally learned her real name, Emma.

After that, they had basically been inseparable, talking at every moment they could. They were getting to know each other and just talking. He found out that she’s a teacher and that she lives around the same area that he does, which explains why he always saw her. She mentioned that she had seen him a few times too and had wanted to say something but never worked up the courage to, much like what he had been going through too. But now, they could talk and make things less awkward.

@ZackAllTimeLow: @Of_Clumsy_Words It was incredible. The videos probably didn’t do the concert any justice though. Aren’t you supposed to be in class?

It was nearly seven in the morning in England, meaning it was about three in the afternoon in LA. She had been complaining about the Sunday class she had basically been force to teach at her school had been dreading it all week. But if it was three in the afternoon, that meant that the class got out soon and then she would be free for the rest of the night in about a hour or so.

@Of_Clumsy_Words: @ZackAllTimeLow Shut up. They’re having quiet study time right now so I can go against my own rule and use my phone during class. What are you doing for your two days off?

@ZackAllTimeLow: @Of_Clumsy_Words I have no clue. Sleep, eat, go explore. We never actually plan things until the day of. So I really won’t know until we’re actually walking around later. Drinking will probably be added in there somewhere too. Lol

He was about to put his phone down so he could climb out of his bunk when his phone beeped again. Knowing it wasn’t Em since he had just sent that tweet, he climbed out and grabbed his phone, opening it as he made his way out to where the voices at the front of the bus were coming from. It was actually surprising that anyone was up that early. They had all spent the night drinking after that incredible sold out show they had played the night before and he didn’t even know why he was up.

Even if his phone went off, he usually wasn’t up this early, much less out of bed. But he was actually hungry and needed to pee so it kind of made sense why he was up. Walking into the main room after a quick stop at the bathroom, he realized that it was just Flyzik and Rian up talking. When he walked in, they both looked up and didn’t really give it much thought. Rian and Zack were the two that woke early while Jack and Alex stayed in bed for as long as they can. So this was really nothing new.

“Morning,” Rian muttered as Zack grunted in reply and grabbed a apple and bottle of water from the fridge.

He took a seat on the couch on the opposite side of Rian while unlocking his phone to see who had tweeted him a few moments before. Opening it up, he could help but roll his eyes at what he read.

@Mr_Benji_Button: @ZackAllTimeLow Dude, what are you doing up so early? Isn’t it only like six there? Or are you tweeting your lady friend again?

“Are you tweeting Emma again?” Rian asked with a snicker as Zack glanced up from his phone to glare.

What was it with everyone giving him crap about talking with her? Sure he hardly ever had girlfriends but he and Emma weren’t even at that stage yet and they were just talking. But as soon as he had told Rian about it, the drummer had been giving him almost as much crap about it as Ben. And Ben had been giving him a lot of crap.

But Zack kept his little rant to himself and just shook his head instead. “No, actually this is Ben being annoying as usual. But Emma did reply to me before.”

Rian just gave him a smirk, but he chose to ignore it so he could reply to his other annoying friend. Why he always fed into Ben’s behavior was beyond him, but he always did anyway.

@ZackAllTimeLow: @Mr_Benji_Button It’s around seven actually. And don’t you have anything better to do than annoy me?

@Of_Clumsy_Words: @ZackAllTimeLow Ha sounds fun! I like the drinking part! Hope you have fun! You need to tell me everything you saw once you get back!

He smiled when he read what Em replied and typed a quick promise that he would as he finally paid his stomach some attention and began to eat the apple he had just sitting there. It was a little bad that he was becoming so addicted to his phone, but he couldn’t help it. He was intrigued by Emma. After running into her for so long and being unable to work up the nerve to talk to her or her leaving before he could, he was finally getting to know her. It was like fate that her necklace happened to fall off and he find it.

She had found him by the picture Jack had taken the first night of tour. Emma happened to be looking at her twitter feed when Jack tweeted it and opened it to find that he was the one who had found it. So when she had realized, she tweeted him immediately and then the rest seemed to work out perfectly where they were still talking a week later.

@Mr_Benji_Button: @ZackAllTimeLow I take that as a yes to you talking to her then. I know you way too well.

After he sent the reply, he shoved his phone into his pockets to join the conversation Rian and Matt were having. They were talking about things that they could do that day and he wanted to know where everyone was planning on going so he could decide and tag along.

The rest of the guys didn’t get up until a hour or so later, Jack and Danny being the last to get up. After everyone was ready to go, they all split up to go different ways and Zack ended up going with Jack, Rian, Danny, and Colussy to go to London and explore for the day and then to meet up at their favorite pub with the rest of the guys later on that night.

Just as they were leaving the pub for the night, Zack more sober than he thought he would be at that time of night. But it actually happened to be good because just as he was stepping outside with Colussy and Jack, his phone rang. Fishing it out of his pocket, Ben’s name appeared on the screen.

“Hey dude, what are you doing up? It’s six in the morning in LA.” Zack said as he stood at the curb as Colussy tried to hail a cab.

Ben chuckled on the other end which was confusing Zack even more. “Yeah but I’m not in LA right now.”

“Where are you?”

“Heathrow Airport,”

The cab was just pulling up to the curb by then and Zack stopped walking frowning at the air. Colussy was giving him a weird look as he just stood there with the confused look on his face and he waved him off telling him to go on ahead. “You’re in England?”

Ben laughed, “Don’t act like you’re not happy. Yes I’m in England. Now come to the airport and pick me up so we can go back to the buses. I’m dead tired and I don’t know where you guys parked.”

“Yeah ok, I’ll be there soon. Just wait for me in the pickup area.”

Ben agreed and they hung up and Zack raised his hand so he could hail another cab. Once he did, he gave the address and sat back watching the city pass by. He had texted Ben to tell him he was on his way and tried to wait patiently to get to the airport. On the way, he called Flyzik to tell him he would be late and that Ben was coming back with him. Of course Flyzik had no problem since they had a few extra places on the bus since it was only Flyzik and the four boys on the band bus and Colussy and the rest of the crew was in the other bus. So they had plenty of room.

Once he got to the airport, he called Ben again and told him to come closer to the curb so he could tell the cabbie where to pull over. When he spotted his best friend, a huge grin appeared as he opened the door while the cab was still pulling over and jumped out. Ben spotted him and made his way over and the other boy pulled Zack in for a hug.

“Dude, I’m so glad you’re here! Were you planning on coming or was this a random trip?” Zack asked once they had let go of each other.

Ben shrugged, “a little of both. I wanted to come out but really didn’t have a full plan. I had to stalk your website and twitter to find out the best way to come out and know when you would be in one place for more than a day so I could fly out and not freak out about missing you if the flight got delayed or anything.”

They were back in the cab after putting Ben’s bag in the trunk. Zack told the cabbie the address to the hotel they were staying at and then went back to the conversation they were having. “Well I’m glad you’re out here dude. Jack’s going to flip out when he see’s you’re here. How long are you staying? You don’t mind sharing a hotel room with me and Ri do you?”

Ben shook his head, “not at all. I hope I’m not going to make things too crowded. And I don’t know. I didn’t even book a flight back yet. So whenever I need to leave? I don’t have any classes or anything and I brought my laptop to work when needed and my boss knows I’m out of town. But it’s all work on the computer anyway and I can do that anywhere.”

Zack just laughed and assured him he would be fine to stay as long as he wanted. Ben had a pretty flexible job since he designed websites for whatever companies hired him. His company did many different computer things but he was hired on to create websites and really didn’t have to go into the office every morning so he could travel or stay at home as much as he wanted. And on top of that job, he also had the surf school on the side that Zack occasionally helped out with too, so it wasn’t as if Ben was lacking when it came to work. He was just a little more free to travel than other people where.

When they got to the hotel, Zack called Flyzik to get his room number and key since he hadn’t been up to his room yet. But Flyzik had given everything to Rian and didn’t know the number so he had to hang up and call Rian and prayed to God he was actually in the room and not at the pool party just yet. Thankfully, he picked up and wasn’t heading down to the party just yet so they would be able to get into their room.

Finding the room, Zack knocked on the door and Rian opened and gave Ben a shocked looked when he saw him standing there. Zack explained what was going on as they walked inside and Rian just smiled and hugged Ben as they put their bags down and went to change to go to the party. Tired or not, Ben never missed a good party and insisted on going with them even though he was basically asleep on his feet.

But it wasn’t a big deal, they all had another day off the next day so they could just used half of that to sleep. If Zack remembered correctly, Flyzik had said bus call was at midnight or one the next night so they had all day to use the day off so it was ok to sleep in. And God knows they were going to need it. They had already been at a pub to drink and get some food, and now there was going to be more drinking. It was going to be a long night and Zack was trying to prepare himself for the horrible hangover he was going to have in the morning.

But honestly that was the last thing on his mind at the moment as the three of them headed to the elevators to head to the pool. They had changed into their trunks and were ready to join the party. They were in for a long fun night and it was going to be interesting to see how the next few weeks while Ben was there turned out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So incase you guys didn't realize.... I had writers block. Realy bad writers block. But I was working and happened to bring my laptop to work today and managed to get this written. The Ben part was something I randomly added at the last moment since before it was added, this was barely three pages. But now it's almost six so it'll fit with the other chapters a little better.

So I still sort of have writers block and I'm going to try and get this out in a week at the earliest. I'm also going to cut my stories down to one update a week and it'll probably be on the weekends. Just letting you guys know. Hope you are likeing this! Please comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts! =D