Don't Confuse It, He'll Always Just Be Your Prey

Mated To The Lamb When You're The Lion

"Everybody is report to the auditorium at this time." Came over the intercom. I sighed. This was it I suppose.

I walked down the hall with everyone else. The humans looked scared out of their mind, but when you are walking right next to dom, it can get a little freaky. The fertiles were all giddy, and it was funny to watch them. Half of them were jumping up and down, squealing, and the others were nervous on who they were going to get.

It was understandable. No one wants to be matched with someone they hate, or even someone they remotely can't get along with. Once you’re matched, you are with that other person for the rest of your life, so you better like them. I was no exception. There was this thought that I was going to be paired with someone that I was totally revolted, like that really clingy fertile, Tulip. God, that would be the worst!

The doms were equally as fun to watch. They were jumpy, but they definitely were interesting to watch. Their eyes would go from a fertile they like to their friends who caught them then back to the pretty fertile.

But, the best, the best were the humans by far. They knew not to mess with any vampire today. It just wasn't a smart move. Everyone was on edge. Emotions were running so high that it was insane. One step out of line and those humans were dead and gone. Their eyes frantically moved around the room once they were settled on their side of their auditorium. Paranoia was high today. It was, oh so, very high.

It started soon after that. The head honcho guy came to tell us that we had to follow all the customs and that shit. Then he started with the names.

Gerard was this first to be called out of all of my friends. He got mated with that small kid, Frank. I met him once or twice. He was nice, fucking short, but nice.

Then it was Pete. He got that Patrick kid. I heard about him, but only when Pete talked about him. It was interesting to see a blonde, short kid who blushed every time Pete even looked his way.

"Ronnie Radke," the man called. My ears perked up, and I stood. "And Max Green." I didn't know the name, but no one stood up for a while. The man called our names again, and I saw a figure hesitantly stand. I looked over only to be surprised to see it was a human, and not just any human, the one from my first period, the cute one. He didn't start to walk. He just stood there, looking over at me for an answer. I nodded my head over to the door we were supposed to go out. He took some shaky steps and met me at the other side of the door.

"Ronnie we want to speak with you a moment. You stay here, human." One of the council men said.

I followed him into an empty classroom. "What?" I asked throwing myself into a seat. My feet fell onto the desk in front of me. I didn't have to be polite to these guys. These doms were ones who were more brains than bronze, and it wasn't that many brains either. I could easily kick their asses.

"We understand that you must be a little nervous right now, and we are looking into it as we speak." One of the three in the room said.

"I don't really give a shit." I replied.

They all gave me a confused look. "What?"

"It's not like he can rig the stupid list or anything, and this isn't the first time a human has been mated with a dom." I explained.

"You aren't at all concerned about this?" One asked.

I shook my head. "Not really. Besides, think about how fucking hot he'll be after he becomes a fertile."

They all looked at each other then. "Very well, we'll be out to speak with you in a moment."

I nodded and walked out to where Max was. He looked nervous, scared even. I think it was me. My reputation usually worked for me in the vampire world, but this kid was human. It was working against me know. We didn't say anything. He just stood awkwardly on the other side of the hall. His eyes would flick up to me and then back down quickly. There was a part of me that thought he was looking to see if I was mad, but my eyes weren't black or red. And, I wasn't mad. This finally explains why I had these weird feeling towards him. It explained why I wanted to protect him so much.

"I-I d-didn't rig it-t, but-t you wouldn't-t believe m-me. S-s-so, just-t k-kill m-me now, and get-t it-t over with-th." He stuttered out. Even for someone who was afraid, that was a bad stutter.

I looked at him confused. "You want me to kill you?"

"N-no, but-t you were going-g t-to d-do it-t anyways-s." He replied.

I shrugged and walked over to him. I could see him get physically nervous. His body started to shake, and his heart rate didn't seem safe. Hitting his back against the lockers, he became trapped against me and the lockers behind him.

He was shorter than me, so I had to lean down to reach his neck. Letting my teeth skim over the skin of his neck, I used all of most of my will power not to actually bite. God, he smelled delicious, and I knew biting him wouldn't kill him. He would just change him until a real fertile. I wanted that, but I wouldn't do it until he wanted it as well.

After a minute I backed up, watching his reaction. He stayed where he was for a while. Maybe a moment or two later, one of his eyes opened to see I wasn't there anymore. I tried to stop from laughing at him. I really did, but it didn't work all that much. He looked over at me before looking at the floor.

I can't believe he thought I was actually going to kill him! And, I can't believe he thought it would actually work! Humans never learn that it is perfectly common to be mated with a human. Given they are a usually a little more educated on that fact then Maxie over here.

"So, I assume you are going to go the traditional route, even with this glitch in the road." One of the council men said when he came back from the room.

I looked at him like are you serious? "That was the plan." I replied.

"Alright. I have work to do, so try not to kill him." He laughed. I could hear Max's heart increase.

"Oh, fuck off already." I scoffed. This guy wasn't helping me out any in the mate department.

Once I saw him leave, I walked down the hall to where the parking lot. I assumed that Max was going to be following me. He wasn't. "Are you coming or not?" I asked. It was a little snippier than I would have hoped, but come on; this kid had to know at least some of the customs of the mating ceremony.

We walked out to my car, and I asked where he lived. He pointed out the way with shaking hands. He was so nervous. It was cute in a sad way. I can understand why he would be terrified of me, but if I was going to hurt him, I would have already. Or, I would have at least threatened him. I don't think that's happened yet, but occasionally I accidentally say thing that I don't mean to.

When we arrived at his apartment door, I thought he was going to implode, and I'm not even kidding. His breathing was ragged, and his heart was so fast it was actually giving me a head ache. His bony hands were shaking so much that it took him a little while to actually get the key into the door, and after he did, we were immediately greeted from an unpleasant looking couple.

"Max, what's going on? The school said to come home right away." A woman said. I assumed it was his mother. She had a similar face.

The horrid looking man then spoke up as well. "Max, I think we should speak in private. Away from your . . .um, friend for a moment." Max looked at me quickly before following them into the other room.

There were words spoken that I couldn't hear. I could pick out a few curse words and stuttering before a slapping noise. I could feel my eyes just get a little bit darker than they originally were. How fucking dare he hit him! Human or not, I'm still in the fucking house, and he just goes around to slapping him! That kid is my mate, my mate. If he wasn't his family, I would kill him on the spot for that, and I just might, haven't decided.

Once I saw that fucktard walk out of the room, I tried to stop myself. You have to believe me on this. I really did, but I guess the demon inside just took over. I slammed my arm onto his neck, pinning him to the wall.

"Did you seriously just hit him with me in the next room?" I growled at him with narrowed eyes.

"N-No, sir." He said.

"Don't fucking lie to me, shithead." I said. "You're lucky I don't kill you for that fucking stunt you just pulled, but once he falls asleep tonight, I just might be back." He passed out then. "Maggot." I scowled throwing him to the ground.

I caught a glance at another figure in the room, and turned to see a very shocked, and a very frightened looking Max. And, I just couldn't help myself. Walking over to him, I asked, "Are you afraid of me, Maxie?"

He shook his head, backing away from me. I must admit, it stung a little knowing that he was actually afraid of me. "You are quite pretty for a human, you know. It's a shame that you always have all these nasty bruises on your face. They don't become you very well." I said, reaching out. His back hit the wall, and I was less than a foot in front of him by now. My fingertips skimmed over his smooth skin, and my god, if his breath didn't catch in his throat I don't think I would have been able to let go.

I leaned over to whisper in his ear. "You shouldn't lie to a vampire, Max. They always know." I don't know what came over me, but he just looked so submissive and adorable. Ugh, this is why I can't be in close quarters with him. Less than an hour and he is already in my head.

"Max Green, open the fucking door or I'll open it for you!" Someone screamed on the other side of Max's front door. I mentally groaned when I stepped away from him. I could see him sigh in relief.

He walked over to the front door and opened it up. I leaned against the wall and watched the show unfold before me. It was a taller girl with long dark hair. It was pin straight, and she was deathly pale. If she didn't smell like a human, I would automatically assume she was a vampire.

"It's about fucking time! I've been knocking for like ten minutes." She screamed. Oh yeah, definitely not a fertile.

"S-S-Sorry." Max stuttered quietly. I think that was a constant thing. Something that happened all the time. That's a shame because looks like that; he should have a voice to match.

"Why the fuck is he on the floor?" She asked pointing to the motherfucker on the floor. Her eyes shifted to me. "And, who the fuck it that?" She asked then pointing to me.

I tried not to roll my eyes. "Crude words for such a little human." I replied.

"Unless, that is your name, which I doubt, then you haven't answered either of my questions. Max, who is this?" Obviously, she didn't try not to surprise her eye roll.

"R-R-Ronnie." Max answered. I was glad he at least knew my name, but I think it would be hard to forget the name of someone who basically changed your entire life.

"And, he's here why? I already assumed that that's why George is on the floor." The female asked. Max just shrugged. He still didn't connect all the dots. "So, Ronnie, since Max here obviously has no idea why you are here, care to enlighten us?" She asked me. God, she was getting on my nerves!

"You don't remember your place. Do you, human?" I snarled, pushing myself off of the wall I was leaning on. I don't know if she was related to Max, so I don't really need to be nice. And, yes, knocking that guy out was nice because I could have killed him.

She let out a laugh. "I'm not a human. I'm what you vampires call a deochi." Shit! I can't miss with her know. A deochi was a half human/ half vampire hybrid. They were rare and usually had special abilities, like being able to move things with their minds or turning invisible.

She was just acting like a bitch, so I couldn't help but mock her just a little. "You are a deochi? I thought they were, I don't know, more impressive looking than you."

"Yeah, well you shouldn't think too much. It'll hurt your brain. You never told me why you were here." She mocked back.

"Being a deochi, you should know." I scoffed.

"I only know what the universe tells me." She replied. Ah, so, she can see the future. I haven't met someone with that ability yet.

"Well, I'm simply here because I'm following tradition of meeting my mate's parents." I answered.

They both looked shocked for a second before screaming, "What?!" I can understand the girl's confusion, but Max was at the ceremony. He should see this coming.

I restated it. "Max, here, is my mate."
♠ ♠ ♠
deoci- evil eye in Romanion