Don't Confuse It, He'll Always Just Be Your Prey

Doing Things You Shouldn't

I walked with the rest of the group to the class where the fertile health took place. They all said hello to their mates with too much PDA for my taste, but then again, if Max let me just kiss him in the middle of the hallway, I probably would to. But, I can't; especially since he wasn't here right now.

"Where's Max?" I asked Monte who happened to be the closest. It was safe to say that I trusted him the most because I knew him the longest. He as actually my friend before Robert was. It just happened that they started to date when I met him, acting like Monte's older brother. There was no doubt that those two were going to be mated, and if they weren't, I wouldn't be surprised if they ran away together.

"He left the class before we could stop him. I think he just wanted to get out of here." Monte replied after he let go of Robert.

I sighed. "Typical," I muttered under my breath. I said goodbye to the rest of my friends who didn't seem to care all that much because they were so wrapped up in each other.

There was a thought that I knew where he would be going. I slightly remember that he likes to go the longest possible way out of the school. Now that I know him, it makes sense. He never wanted to go home.

So, I took a trip to the back hallway, hoping he would be there. It was the only chance I got. And, seeing the figures down the way, I was right. What I was wrong on was the act that he wasn't alone. No, far from it.

I could feel my blood start to boil as I saw the sight in front of me. Max was pushed up against the lockers, feet barely reaching the floor. Some gone had him pinned, muttering shit to him. There were three other guys behind him, and of course, they were football players. Oh, this was going to be fun.

I didn't bother to keep control as I stalked straight up to the guy closest to me and slammed my fist right into his face. Bones broke in his face, but it wasn't good enough. I ripped his jugular out of his neck just because the other two started to back away. The closest one to me wasn't as fast as he thought, and I reached out and grabbed his shirt throwing him on the ground. My foot planted itself over his chest, slamming down hard enough to break his ribs and stab his lungs. He gurgled and choked on his own blood. The last one wasn't hard at all. He actually tried to get to me, which was laughable at best. Dumbass. I repaid his stupidity by smashing his head into the ground repeatedly.

Last, but certainly not least, the guy holding onto Max, my Max, turned around just in time to see me breaking open this guy's skull. I let a deep growl escape my throat as just the mere face of his guy made my inner rage just start to build up. I gripped onto the back of his stupid fucking jacket and threw him down on the ground. Something came over me, and I just couldn't stop hitting him. Every time I thought it was enough, I just kept going and going. When his face was no longer recognizable, I lifted him onto his broken legs, snarling in his face.

"I'm going to keep you alive for one purpose. You better tell all of your scum bag friends that if they ever even think about touching my mate, they will end up getting a tour of my basement, and they won't leave." I threatened. Well, no, it wasn't a theat. It was a promise. I dropped him back to the ground, spitting on him.

I looked over to me broken mate. His nose looked broken. His lip was split. There was blood coming from somewhere on his head. He was holding his ribs, no doubt broken. If I was ever scared, now would be the time. I knew how fragile humans were, and seeing as I just did this, if his ribs were broken right, his lung could be punctured. That was not good for humans.

"Where are you hurt?" I asked, trying to get my eyes back to normal. Now was not the time for him behind scared of me, but he didn't seem like it right now. If anything, this was the calmest I've seen him while we were alone, and I say alone because everyone else around us was dead.

"I-I'm f-fine." He stated before trying to stand up. His face screwed up in pain before he sat back down on the ground. It took everything I had not to just wrap him up in my arms right now, but i didn't because, for one, that would cause him more pain, and two, he wouldn't like it.

I sighed. "You aren't fine. You need to see a doctor. You could have a concussion, and I know that you have a fractured rib maybe more from past beatings." He didn't seem like he was going to be able to walk anytime soon, so I picked him up, careful of his wounds.

"I-It's n-nothing I-I can't handle." He tried to argue. It only sounded so convincing with a wince at every step I took.

"You're going to see a doctor. I don't care if I have to take you kicking and screaming," I stated. "Oh wait, you're too injured to kick and scream."

He rolled his eyes at me. "I-I'm fine, R-Ronnie."

I got to my car, and I put him in the passenger seat as best I could without hurting him. "You're still going, and that's final." I said before closing the door and driving to the closest doctor's office I knew of.