Status: In progress.

Summertime Suicide.

Chapter Two.

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

A few days passed, and sure enough, the police were questioning the WWE and the employees, especially Punk's co-workers.

"Did you hear the news?" Randy asked, stepping up to me as I watched John Morrison being questioned.

"No, what news?" I asked, looking at Randy now.

"It wasn't natural causes. They are suspecting it was foul play. Someone may have murdered Punk" he explained.

"Are you serious?" I questioned, completely stunned.

"Yeah. The cops questioned me and told me what they found out. Only thing is, they found cocaine in his bag. It could have been one of those bad batches, so they assume. But from all they've said, it didn't appear he did any the night he died" he said.

"Fuck... Well, I do recall seeing him in the bar that night when I was going to my room. He was drinking or something" I stated.

"As did I. But, the police are asking if anything happened that night prior to this whole thing. They are going to question you. Everyone knew Punk ragged on you, and I'm positive more than a few of the boys 'fessed up about that.. Not to mention the fight you two had only hours before" he reminded.

"Fuck. I don't need this bullshit" I muttered.

"Don't worry about it, Jeff. I put in a good word for you, as did Ted. Everyone knows you're not capable of doing something like that. As long as you have an air tight alibi, you have absolutely nothing to worry about" he said, with a smile.

"Thank you, Randy. I owe you" I said, smiling back.

"Welcome. But I've got to get ready for my match, so I'll catch you later" he spoke.

"Alright. Later man".

"Bye".

Randy walked off and soon enough, it was my turn.

"Jeffrey Nero Hardy?" a police officer called.

I walked over there and took a seat in the room with them.

"Hello, Mr Hardy. I'm officer Thomas. I just need to ask you a few questions" he started.

"Alright. What do you need to know?" I asked.

"I've questioned a few of your co-workers, and they said that you and Phillip Brooks didn't get along. And that hours before he died, the two of you had an argument. Can you explain that situation to me?" he questioned, sitting across from me now.

"In this business, it's all about storylines. Yes, Phillip hated me. I had nothing against him to be honest. The only thing I disliked about him was the fact that he criticized my life when he was a junkie himself" I spoke.

"So, you knew of his drug habits?" he asked.

"Not one-hundred percent, but I knew he drank, and I heard about what was found on him. But aside from that, I never pried into it or his life" I replied.

"Can you explain to me about the altercation you two had that night?" he asked.

"It was really stupid if you ask me. He had once more started it, calling me a druggie, and insulting me. I just walked on, not bothering to talk to him, but he kept on antagonizing me. He started calling me names, and I stopped, telling him not to mess with me" I explained.

"A few people said you threatened him that night" he added.

"No, I never threatened him. If I said anything, it was that I would kick his ass, not anything else. And hell man, he threatened to fuck me up all the time, along with other people. He had lots of enemies. It could have been anyone if there was foul play" I stated.

"Thank you for that information. Where were you the night this happened?" he questioned.

"After the whole ordeal at the arena, I left with my brother, Matt, whom I always travel with. The two of us went to the hotel, and were there all night. I saw Phillip when I came in the lobby, because he was at the bar, drinking, and that was the last I saw him. I went straight to the hotel room with Matt" I answered.

"Did your brother dislike Mr Brooks?" he asked.

"He only disliked him because of how he talked and disrespected me. But he never had altercations with him. Besides, Matt was with me all night, so I know he had nothing to do with this" I cleared.

"Well, thank you for your time Mr Hardy. We'll be in touch if we need any more information".

"You're welcome. I'm glad to help".

We stood up, and they released me after, letting me prepare for my match that night. Walking to the locker room, Randy was in there getting ready.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Randy asked.

"Fine. I'm sure I'm not a suspect. But, did you by chance tell them that I threatened Punk that night?" I shot, a little aggravated.

"Jeff, why would I do something like that? I told you that I put in a good word, and I know you didn't threaten him" he stated.

"Well, someone sure as fuck did, because they told me!" I shouted.

"Before you start getting hot-headed, I didn't tell them jack shit like that. So don't get pissy with me, when I'm not the one to blame!" he retorted.

"I'd say you're both hot-headed" someone butted in.

We both turned and looked at who was standing there. It was Hunter, better known as Triple H.

"Before you point fingers at everyone, I was one of the ones that told the police about the threat. I did over hear it" Hunter added.

"You didn't hear shit! The only thing I threatened was to kick his ass, and you fucking know me better than that Hunter!" I yelled.

"Still, you threatened him. I'm just telling them the truth" he smirked.

"You son of a bitch!" I said, preparing to charge at him.

But Randy stopped me by grabbing a hold of me.

"Jeff, stop! This won't help the situation!" Randy pleaded.

"Damn right it won't. Keep acting like this kid, and I'll have to tell them you threatened me next" he said, walking out of the room.

Randy let go of me after, and tried to calm me down.

"Jeff, don't let him get under your skin. Everyone around here is on edge" he stated.

"But still, I don't appreciate being the fucking target, or the one to blame!" I yelled.

"And you're not. A few dumb asses claimed you threatened him, but as long as you told the officers what truly happened, you have nothing to worry about" he consoled.

"Hey, what's going on?" Matt asked, walking into the room.

"Hunter, along with a few others, told the police I threatened Punk the night of his death" I explained.

"Those sons of bitches" Matt exclaimed.

"I'm so fucking pissed right now. And the police talked to me already, and I told them I never threatened his life" I cleared.

"Good, because you didn't and you didn't deserve to take the fall or blame for this bullshit. Just wait until you're cleared, because Hunter and whomever else made faulty lies, they'll get theirs", Matt stated.

"Don't say that Matt. Last time things were said, Punk ended up dead, remember?" I reminded.

"And what, you think something will happen now just because I say something like that?" Matt asked.

"I don't know, but we need to watch what we say. That's all" I cleared.

"I supposed you're right, but they'll get theirs when the police find out they lied" Matt added.

Right then, the door opened and Morrison was standing there.

"Matt, the police are looking for you for questioning" Morrison announced.

"Thanks" Matt said.

Morrison left, as Matt then eyed me.

"Looks like it's my turn. I'll be back" Matt spoke.

"Alright".

He left after, leaving Randy and I alone.

"I wish this was over already.. I really do" I said.

"Don't worry, Jeff. It will be soon enough. I know you didn't do it, and you know you didn't. Who knows, with the way Punk was, anyone could have done this" Randy reminded.

"I hope they catch whoever did it.. I really do" I stated.

"They will. Don't worry".

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*Mystery Person's P.O.V.*

Waiting about, I watched attentively to everything going on around my surroundings. Sitting in the pool area, I looked at who was there, and made sure my targeted prey was here. Sure enough, he was. When ten 'o' clock hit, one of the staff members came in, alerting everyone in there.

"The pool is officially closed. Everyone must get out. Thank you" the staff member announced.

Getting up from my place, I noticed my prey wasn't moving. But I kept on and headed towards the exit, but let everyone else clear out first.

"Is it alright if I stay an hour longer?" Hunter asked.

"Sure thing Mr Levesque. Just lock the door with the chain when done" the staff member advised.

"Thank you" Hunter said.

I walked out, going to the bar to get a few drinks. And sure enough, once the commotion died down and the coast was clear, I found my way back to the pool. The door was still slightly propped open, and the lights were softly dimmed. This would be my chance. I could hear faint music playing, and I lurked around, cascading myself in the shadows to make sure I wouldn't be spotted. There he sat, in the hot tub, with the radio propped on the walkway around the hot tub. This was made much easier now. His back was turned to me, so I began to sneak up there. I'm sure he heard my footsteps, because he seemed to become alert.

"Hey, do you mind grabbing me a towel and I'll get out of here" Hunter said.

But I gave no response. Seconds later, he turned around, eyeing me as I stood there.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he shot, rudely.

Placing my right foot on the back of the radio, I locked eyes with him one last time.

"Don't even joke like that.."

But this was no joke. Giving the radio one good push, I watched it fall in, immediately hitting the water, and sending volts of electricity through the water. That would be the end of him. The lights flickered in he room as I watched Hunter clawing at the floor, trying to escape the electric shock that was capturing his body and frying him from the inside out. It didn't take long for him to stop fighting and become a lifeless, floating body in the water. The sparks stopped, and I smiled to myself. Another down. The lights went out and I quickly cleared out of the room, using the fire escape exit and leaving the building.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts so far?