Status: In progress.

Summertime Suicide.

Chapter Four.

*Mystery Person's P.O.V.*

I watched as he left the table, and prepared to head up to his room I assumed. I made sure I kept a fair distance, not to be seen or detected. I couldn't have anything going wrong. Opening his door, he had gone inside, shutting it behind him. I waited a few minutes before making my move. I could tell he had clearly had a few drinks, so this should be rather quick and easy. There had to be a way to get in there without being detected. Sneaking my way to the room, I heard a commotion in there. Clearly, somebody was arguing inside, and it was loud and clear. I knew I had my alibi because of these actions.

"What the hell are you thinking?!", Ted yelled, audibly.

"I just wanted to drink.. Okay!" Cody shouted back, in a slurring manner.

"We have a big title match tomorrow night, and now you're going to have a hangover. Great job. Thanks for blowing our shot" Ted yelled again.

"I'm not blowing anything" Cody slurred.

"Yes you are! I'm getting sick of you doing this every time!" Ted retorted.

"Whateverrr. I'm a big boy. I can take care of myself" Cody shot.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm not playing babysitter to you tonight" Ted replied.

"Good! 'Cause I don't need you!" Cody snapped.

"Fine. I'm out!" Ted hissed.

Ducking back against the wall, I heard the door open and slam shut. Peeking around, Ted was heading to the elevator at the opposite end of the hallway from where I was lurking. As soon as he got on the elevator, loud music began blasting from the room where Cody was left alone. I prayed that attention wouldn't be brought here anymore than there already could have been due to the music now causing a disturbance. Sneaking to the room, I turned the door handle, realizing it was unlocked. Slowly pushing it open, I stepped in, silently and undetected. There he stood at the balcony, looking over and at the scenery. Making my way towards him, I had easy access to eliminate him. His back was turned to me, so I continued to walk cautiously towards him, hoping not to make a sound. I feared being spotted, but even if I was, he'd never be able to speak a word of it. As soon as I was behind him, he turned around, startled by my presence.

"Holy shit!... Don't scare me" he exclaimed, still slurring and slightly mumbling now.

His eyes were glazed over from his alcoholic daze he was in, and this was going to be real easy.

"Sorry", I spoke.

"Come to join the party? Isn't the view amazing from here?" he asked, pulling me to the balcony and pointing with his right hand.

I remained silent, as he looked back over and into the night sky.

"Look, I can see my car" he spoke, leaning over the railing. "You know, I should apologize to Ted.. I was wrong".

He wasn't going anywhere. Roughly, I put my hands on his back, shoving him as he fell forward, and I immediately pushed his legs over. Screams erupted from his vocal cords as he plummeted to the concrete below. Another one down, literally. Making my way out of the room, I closed the door and made my way out for the exit.

* * * * * *

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

"Jeff, wake up!" Matt called.

"What man?" I mumbled.

"There's something going on. Ted's being taken to the police station" Matt exclaimed.

Rubbing at my eyes, I sat up and looked around. Matt slipped his pants on and rushed into the hallway, and I pushed the covers off my body. Slipping my shorts on, I headed to the door, stepping out into the hallway in a daze still from the drinks I had prior to coming to bed. I could hear noise out there, and the lights blinded me as I stepped out there.

"Get off me! I didn't do anything!" Ted shouted, as the police cuffed his hands behind his back.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law", the one officer spoke.

"But I didn't do anything. Why would I kill Cody?!" Ted replied.

"Cody's dead?" I asked, still groggy.

"Yeah, apparently. They are saying Ted and Cody were having an argument, and Cody was found outside on the pavement" Matt explained.

"How?" I asked again.

"Don't know. Either he fell over accidentally, or was shoved. They are saying Ted pushing him over in the heat of the argument" Matt spoke.

"Shit man... That's messed up" I replied.

Randy, Jason, Adam (aka Edge) and Shawn were all standing out in the hallway with us, watching the aftermath of what was going on. Randy came over to me as Ted was taken to the elevator. Ted looked at me, and instantly began to say shit to me.

"This is all your fault! You should be arresting him! Jeff killed them!" Ted yelled.

Shoving him in the elevator, the doors closed and Randy looked at me.

"Don't listen to him. I know you didn't do this" Randy stated.

"I didn't even heard them arguing... I was downstairs having a few drinks, and I came right to bed" I said.

"If Ted didn't do it, anyone could have. But their argument sounded pretty tense" Randy replied.

"Who... found Cody?" I asked.

"A hotel guest that was staying here. They found him laying on the pavement" Randy answered.

"And they suspect Ted did it?" I questioned.

"I suppose. Everyone on this floor seemed to have heard the yelling and the police either feel Ted did it out of rage, or Cody simply fell over in his drunken state" Randy responded.

"What was the whole fight over?" I asked.

"Drinking, from the sounds of it. At least that's what I heard", Matt stepped in.

"Oh... Well, that explains a lot, but doesn't add up completely" I retorted, confused.

"There's no way some random person did this, Jeff. It was an accident, or Ted did it" Randy cleared.

"It just seems weird. Do you think Ted might have killed the others?" I retorted.

"Doubt it" Randy replied.

"Why?".

"It doesn't make sense. Why would he have killed Punk, or much less, Hunter when they were buddies? See what I mean? Same goes for Cody" Randy responded.

"Jealousy. Maybe he wanted the spotlight" I hinted.

"That's a good point, but I don't know. Ted had a good position in the company. But, it does appear with him accusing you tonight, he was rather defensive" Randy noted.

"True, but I still don't know. I suppose we'll find out more later".

"Probably. They are more than likely going to give him the third degree at the station, along with questioning the rest of us, at least the ones on this floor" Randy reminded.

"Did anyone hear a scream by chance?" Matt asked.

"What, from Cody?" Randy asked in return.

"Yeah. Because I could have sworn I heard something, but maybe I'm wrong. Plus, I was probably half asleep, and the music could have thrown me off" Matt added.

"All I heard was loud music" Randy spoke.

"Same" Jason added.

"What about you, Jeff?" Matt questioned.

"When I came up to the room, I heard some music. But that was it" I replied.

"I don't even remember you coming in the room" Matt replied.

"I came in at about two in the morning. You were already asleep" I spoke.

"Oh, no wonder" Matt replied.

"Do you remember what time it was when you thought you heard the scream?" Randy asked.

"I thought it was around one-thirtyish or so. I could be wrong though" Matt answered.

"Then see, there's no way Jeff did it" Randy cleared.

"Since when was I a fucking suspect?!" I shot.

"After all Ted was saying, it proves you didn't do it. You were no where near this floor. Secondly, Ted said whomever double-crossed you die, and Ted was the last one to get on your bad side" Randy pointed out.

"You think he was trying to frame me or some shit?" I questioned.

"Possibly. Who knows. In the meantime, I think we should all stop playing detective, and just get back to bed. We'll know more later" Randy suggested.

"Yeah, good point. I'm exhausted" I yawned.

"Goodnight guys" Randy said, heading back to his room.

"Goodnight" everyone echoed.

Matt and I went back into our room, getting back in our beds.

"Do you really think Ted did it?" I asked, in the dark.

"Who knows Jeff. Their argument sounded pretty intense. Anything can happen when you've had a few too many drinks" Matt responded.

"Yeah. Good point... Goodnight, Matt" I whispered.

"Goodnight".

Closing my eyes, I tried to clear my mind of the nights events so I could be well rested for the morning.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sure enough, the police were at the next event to question the guys on the floor. I went after Matt, and I knew damn well I hadn't seen or heard anything.

"Do you remember seeing either Cody Rhodes or Ted DiBiase Jr between the hours of midnight and two?" the detective asked.

"Honestly, no. I had been down in the lobby, and the bar for a while. I saw Cody head for the elevator at about one, that was it. I assumed Ted was already in their hotel room before Cody went up there" I answered.

"Did you hear any arguing or loud music between one and two?" the detective questioned.

"No arguing. When I had gone up to my room, it was around two, and I only heard music" I noted.

"And you never saw Ted?" the detective asked again.

"No. I don't recall seeing him after we arrived at the hotel. I never saw him leave or anything".

"We never said he left, Mr. Hardy" the detective pointed out.

"I figured you were implying he left since you kept asking", I said.

"Well, you're right. After the person found Cody, we instantly searched for Ted. Maybe you should be a detective since you seem to have a sharp and observing instinct" he replied.

"Thanks, but no thanks. Are those the only questions?" I asked.

"One more before you go. Did you ever notice tension between Cody and Ted?" he asked.

"Not that I really recall. I can't say I hung around them" I answered.

"Alright. Thank you for your time" the detective said.

Standing up, I headed to the door, but stopped upon arriving there.

"One last thing from an observing stand point.." I paused.

"Yes?" the detective asked.

"Ted was extremely tense and on edge that night. That might give some more insight" I added.

"Thank you, Mr. Hardy".

"Welcome".

Opening the door, I walked out and allowed the next person to be called in.

* * * * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for lack of updates. Still working on writing this story, and only have so much left to post before I run into a writer's block slump again. Will try to do an update again soon.