Status: In progress.

Summertime Suicide.

Chapter Five.

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

Days later, Ted was back with the guys. His presence really made me feel awkward as well. And he sure as hell wasted no time pointing fingers.

"So you're cleared then, right?" Adam (Edge) asked.

"For now, yeah. Unless they suspect something else" Ted answered.

I walked by them, but within seconds, I found myself shoved to the ground on my hands and knees. Quickly getting to my feet, my eyes met with Ted's when I turned around.

"This is all your fucking fault! Do you think I wouldn't catch on?" Ted shot.

"I don't know what the hell you're talking about" I responded.

"Trying to set me up, aren't you? You didn't like the fact that I accused you that night and brought attention to you and your murderous ways. So what do you do? Kill Cody, and set me up" Ted replied, hatefully.

"Look man, I didn't do any such thing, and you know it. I was no where near your room for hours. And besides, why would I want to set you up? With your temper, you're doing a fine job of that yourself" I spat.

Ted swung his right hand, nailing me in the face, and causing me to stumble back.

"You're fucking dead!" Ted spat back, charging at me.

I was quick to fire back with punches until Adam, Matt and Randy pulled us apart.

"You do NOT want to fuck with me Ted! You're messing with the wrong person!" I yelled.

"Oh yeah, and why is that? Are you going to kill me, too, Jeff? Huh?" Ted hissed.

"I already buried your ass with the statement I gave. You can count on it" I retorted.

"Both of you, stop it!" Randy ordered.

My blood was boiling, I won't lie. Ted pissed me off with his accusations.

"Jeff is not a murderer. He has an alibi Ted, how about you?" Randy shot.

"I was no where near the hotel. I left Cody there, and when I came back, the police were all over me" Ted answered.

"If you didn't do it, you can't accuse Jeff or anyone else. Cody fell, that's all there is to it. You even said so yourself, Cody was drunk" Randy retorted.

Jerking myself from Matt, I walked away. I wasn't going to listen to this bullshit. Ted killed all of them as far as I was concerned and he needed to take the fall.

"Jeff!" Randy called.

"No!" I yelled, turning back around. "I'm sick of being blamed or having people point the finger at me for something I had nothing to do with! I can't take this negative atmosphere anymore!"

"Jeff" Randy began, walking towards me.

"I'm done" I shot, walking away.

I could heard Randy running after me and he was quick to grab a hold of me, spinning me around and pressing my back against the wall.

"Whoa, stop. Not everyone is blaming you, and you know that. Everyone is on edge right now" Randy spoke, stepping closer to me.

"But you don't know what it feels like to have a bulls-eye on your back. I can't handle it" I softly said.

"No, I don't, but I know they are wrong. You didn't do this and I believe you... Don't you trust me on that?" he whispered, leaning closer.

"Of course I do" I said, leaning against him and resting my head on his right shoulder.

"Then continue to believe me and stay for me" he begged, wrapping his left arm around my waist and rubbing my back with his right hand.

"I will... Just for you, Randy" I whispered.

"Good. Because I don't want to lose you" he softly replied.

I felt my heart flutter, and I felt as though Randy and I were becoming closer in another way. I only hoped he really believed me. I felt I could trust Randy more so than anyone else here, and I definitely didn't want to disappoint him or have him mistrust me. Especially when I knew I wasn't the guilty party.

"Come on. Let's head to the hotel" Randy spoke, breaking my concentration.

"Alright"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*Mystery Person's P.O.V.*

I waited for him to arrive, so I could watch what he would do. Within thirty minutes, he walked through the lobby doors, heading directly to the bar. Trailing behind, I watched what he was doing. He appeared to have ordered something, and it looked like water. I needed to make my way over, cautiously.

"Excuse me, do you have any toothpicks?" the man asked.

The bartender pointed over at the area where the extra straws and napkins were, as well as the cream and sugars for coffees.

"Thanks".

He walked away and I was quick to step up and order myself a drink.

"Coming up" the bartender said, after my request.

He walked away, and I knew I had an issue at hand. What I was about to do would show in the water. Thinking quickly, I pulled the pill out, breaking it in half and allowing the powder to dump into the liquid. Giving it a quick stir, I put the broken capsule in the trash, just as the bartender came back with my drink. Putting my money on the counter top, I took my drink and walked away, only to take a seat and watch again. The man went back to the counter, taking his water and heading off towards the elevator as he drank it. It would be only a matter of time. After waiting a good twenty minutes, I made my way up to the same floor he had gone to. Once arriving there, I stepped up to his room, turning the handle. Thankfully it was unlocked. Sneaking in, I closed the door behind me. The lights were still on and I could see someone laying on the bed, face down. He was breathing hard, but there was no movement. There wouldn't be any movement either. Especially since he was basically paralyzed from that drug I put in his drink. Pulling the bag from my back pocket, I walked over to him, rolling him over onto his back. His eyes were wide with horror and panic that I was positive was overwhelming his body. He couldn't speak, couldn't scream, couldn't fight. Nothing.

Grabbing his right arm, I took the syringe in my right hand, and instantly jammed the needle into his vein, right in the bend of his elbow, injecting the lethal dose of drugs into his system. It wouldn't be long now. Pulling the needle out, I placed the bag and syringe on the nightstand, making the intentions clear. I watched as one single tear fell from his left eyes and his breathing began to slow. Only a matter of moments, and one more would be gone. I was going to make a statement. No one was safe. Leaving the room after, I let the drug finish it's course.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*Jeff's P.O.V.*

Sitting in the bar, at a table by myself, I was approached by Randy.

"What are you doing down here?" he asked, sitting down with me.

"I couldn't sleep. I figured maybe a drink would help relieve my stress I'm feeling and then I could sleep better" I noted.

"You really need to stop putting yourself under stress. You've done nothing wrong" he added.

"I know, but feeling as though the entire company is against me... It's not so easy" I reminded.

"The company isn't against you. Ted was being an idiot to accuse you, and you know it just as much as I do" he spoke.

"Maybe. But others seemed to believe him, and there isn't much I can do" I said.

"Then I have an idea. Stay with me tonight. I'm your alibi. If you were to try anything, I guarantee you won't get by me" he smiled.

"Oh really now?" I grinned.

"Yep. So come on. Lets go to bed" he said, standing up.

"What about Matt?" I questioned.

"He's probably sleeping anyhow. We can check and let him know if you'd like" he suggested.

"Alright, lets go" I replied, standing up and walking with Randy to the elevators.

Going up to our floor, same floor as Matt, we stopped there first. Matt answered and I let him know I was staying with Randy for the night in which he nodded to show he was alright with it.

"Alright. See you in the morning" Matt smiled.

"Yup, goodnight" I said, leaving with Randy and going to his room.

Going in, he shut and locked the door.

"Better to be safe" he laughed.

"True" I laughed softly.

I noticed instantly there was only one big bed.

"I guess I'll sleep on the couch" I noted.

"Don't be silly. I can keep tabs on you if you sleep in my bed. It'll be a better alibi" he winked.

"Alright, that works for me" I laughed.

We both got ready for bed and then prepared to sleep. Only the moment made me confused. I was beginning to feel different towards Randy, but I didn't know if he felt the same way I was beginning to feel.

"Goodnight, Jeff" he whispered.

"Night, Randy" I replied softly.

* * * * * * *

Morning rolled around and I awoke to Randy next to me, which I admit was strange to begin with, but I knew I could adjust to something like this. He looked over at me and smiled softly.

"Morning" he greeted.

"Good morning" I smiled.

He sat up, pushing the covers off and getting off the bed, instantly slipping some pants on along with a T-shirt after.

"Sleep good?" he asked.

"Yeah, pretty good, I think" I answered, sitting up.

The sheets fell down my upper body that was exposed.

"But it seemed strange to you?" he questioned.

"No, that wasn't weird at all. I think I slept better being here with you.. Not to sound strange or anything" I spoke.

"That's not strange. I felt more at ease with you here, because now I know that I'm your alibi just in case people point fingers" he said.

"Yeah, but... Matt was always with me" I replied.

"He's your brother though, Jeff" he noted.

"Oh, so you think that Matt would cover for me if anything was strange?" I asked, catching his drift.

"I don't, but the others? Definitely" he responded.

"Valid point".

Pushing the sheets off, I got out of bed and put my pants on and grabbed my black tank top, putting that on after.

"Are you going to go back to Matt's room after tonight?" he asked.

"Maybe. Unless you want to spend another night with me" I smiled.

"I just might. We hardly hang out outside of the ring" he stated.

"Yeah, so I guess we should hang more" I agreed.

"Well then, maybe tonight, we can go shoot pool or do something together" he suggested.

"I'm game" I agreed again, taking that offer.

Right then, breaking our moment, Randy's phone rang. Quickly, he answered.

"Yeah?" he spoke, pausing after.

I stood there silent, waiting for him to say something else.

"I'll be right out" he spoke, hanging up after. "Something is going on again".

He rushed to the door, unlocking it and stepping out in the hallway. I followed after him, getting out into the hall with Randy and a few of the other guys, including Matt. Looking to our right, we noticed some guys pulling a stretcher out of one of the hotel rooms. There was a sheet covering what appeared to be a body on it.

"What's going on?" Randy asked, as Christian, Matt, Jericho and Shawn came up to us.

"Looks like someone else bit the dust" Shawn cracked.

"It's Ted" Jericho answered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

I noticed the strange looks I was getting, seeing as I came out of Randy's hotel room.

"Apparently he committed suicide" Jericho answered.

"Suicide?! There's no way!" Randy exclaimed.

"How?" I asked once again.

"Overdose. From what I heard, they found a syringe in his room and he was sprawled out on the bed" Jericho responded.

"That doesn't add up" Randy spoke.

"Yeah it does..." I stepped in.

"What?" Randy asked, everyone turning their attention to me.

"Think about it... Why else would he do that? He was guilty for Cody's death, he couldn't escape it... That's the only thing I could imagine" I explained.

"He has a point" Matt agreed.

"He was really defensive. He blamed Jeff, but he knew he had nothing to do with it. It ate at him" Shawn spoke.

"Precisely" I said.

"They really don't think it was murder?" Randy pressed.

"Not sure. They are going to do an autopsy to be sure. But right now, it points to suicide, or an accidental overdose" Jericho stated.

"Well, I supposed we wait" Christian spoke.

This all seemed so strange, yet at the same time, I was hoping and praying this was over. If it was suicide from the guilt, then we all knew Ted very well could have done the other acts of crime. It would make sense. But something still gave me this weird vibe as though things weren't over.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the extremely long, overdue update, & lack of. I have been going through a lot of personal things, & just really hadn't had much time to be on here, or post, much less write. This story is still completely unfinished, by maybe on a day where I've got time, I can start writing again. Hopefully the next update won't take almost a year. Sorry to everyone that was into this story, & had to wait so long.. I'm sure I've lost subscribers, or people that were interested. I just have had too much going on health-wise in the last year, & that had to take priority.