Hard Glares and Soft Stares

Hard Glares and Soft Stares

A sudden slam of a door and angry footsteps tore me from the book I was engrossed in. My blue eyes found the source of the angry sounds and softened at the sight of my dear friend glaring out the library's window. 
I set my book back onto its proper shelf and quietly made my way over to him. 
He looked so much taller when he wore his full armor. His antler like helmet sat upon his head adding even more height to his form. 
I silently giggled thinking of how I used to tease him of his helmet. Even now when he held such an angry stare, I wanted to laugh. 
"Loki..." I trailed off, letting him know of my presence. 
He shifted his gaze to me for a moment from the corner of his eye before glaring back at the view of Asgard. 
I sat on the window sill in front of him and stared at his face, taking in the tired look he carried beyond the anger he had. 
Sighing, I stood up and I wasn't surprised when Loki shifted his eyes away from me. 
'He must have had a spat with Thor while they were away,' I thought. 'If not, then Odin said something to upset him.'
Reaching up, I put my hands on either side of his helmet and I gently pulled it off his head, letting it sit between my arm and left side. Then I let my right hand smooth out his dark hair that stuck out in all directions thanks to his helmet. 
Loki still refused to look at me as he continued to seethe over whatever was bothering him. 
I pushed his helmet into his stomach so he'd grab a hold of it and once he did, I put my hands on each side of his face to make him look at me. 
He glared, probably mad because I was forcing him to pay attention to me, and I simply smiled warmly at him.  
I watched as his eyes softened just enough to cause me smile a little bigger. 
Very slowly the anger ebbed away and he eventually smirked and rolled his green eyes. 
I let go of his face and grinned with success. 
"You're not as impossible as they say," I stated. " Just a little bit of patience is what they need, I think."
"I'm am still as impossible as I was this morning," Loki replied, disagreeing with me. 
" So you think..."
My friend chuckled quietly and plopped his helmet on my head when he proceeded to chuckle a little louder as it slid to cover my eyes. 
I tilted my head back to look at Loki from underneath the helmet. 
I laughed, "How do you wear this? It's too heavy and I feel like a cow with these antlers."
"Some god you are," Loki teased, taking his helmet back. He helped me smooth out my hair like I did for him and place his helmet back on his head. 
"You must go," I pointed out, noticing the look in his eyes. 
"Unfortunately," he spat, glaring off in the distance. 
I pat his chest, "It'll work out. Don't get too angry. It's not becoming."
Loki rolled his eyes once more before taking my hand and kissing the top of it. 
"Thank you milady for the company. I'm sure our paths will cross again soon," he smirked. 
"Indeed," I nodded. "Now wipe that smirk off your face and go glare at whomever angered you."
He chuckled one last time before he turned to leave. 
"Be careful not to poke any eyes out with your antlers!" I called to him. 
Loki looked back and suddenly the necklace I was wearing turned into a snake. 
I screamed and glared at him as he walked out the door, but not without waving his hand once to put my necklace back to its normal state. 
Sometimes I couldn't fathom how I tolerated him as a friend. 
♠ ♠ ♠
A sweet moment between Loki and his unnamed friend. :) I hope you enjoyed and I will get on a computer tomorrow to add a layout and fix this up a bit more. :) Thanks for reading! Comment please!!