Curiosity

003

I pulled the scared little puppy from his kennel and tried to calm him down, "It's okay, shh." I stroked his face and picked him up completely from the ground, I stood straight up and stared into his blue eyes. You could tell he was more than scared, he was terrified.

Scott awkwardly stood to my left waiting for the puppy to be handed to him, "I think Dr. Deaton wants him now." He held out his hands and waited.

I gave him a look and walked past him, "Before any kind of surgery, you want to relax them." I spun around but kept a firm hand on the puppy so he wanted jump off the table, "It makes them happy, so when they go under happy they wake up happy."

Scott scratched the back of his head, "Are you planning on being a vet or something?"

I rolled my eyes and turned back around, Scott was dumber than I thought. I kissed the puppy's head and cooed, "You're going to be just fine." I looked up as Dr. Deaton made his way through the doors.

He smiled at me, "Ah, you've seemed to relax him, that's great." He opened his drawer and placed two needles out on the table. He noticed my rapid breathing and looked up, "Afraid of needles, Miss. James?"

I nodded and took a few steps back which caused the relaxed puppy to whimper, Dr. Deaton soon injected the needles and the puppy was fast asleep. I watched him cut open and do his job and it made me question if I really had the heart to cut open and perform on a helpless animal.

Minutes after the surgery I placed him back in his kennel and petted his head, I heard a loud bang on the door and quickly closed the kennel door. I checked my watch, 9:42 pm. I stood up straight and peered out a window, it was pouring and whoever's car was out there, I couldn't really make out.

I heard Allison and Scotts voice coming from the waiting room, I leaned against the wall and listened.

"I-I-I-"

"-Allison, slow down. What happened?"

"I-I hit a dog and it won't let me go near it." I heard her stumbled over her words, "I don't know if it's okay."

"Where is it?"

"Outside on the corner of this street." I could her the fluster in her voice, "It just ran out in front of me and it's raining I didn't see it till too late and help me please!"

I heard them shuffle out into the rain and a few minutes later they came back and Scott came in carrying a wet and grungy looking dog. He laid it on the table, he looked up and gave me a look and headed back out into the waiting room.

I walked over towards the whimpering dog and smiled, "Hey there buddy." I calmly placed my hand over his head and gave short caresses. I noticed his front left paw was damaged and probably broken.

I went to walk away to grab a clipboard but he started to whimper louder, I turned back around and narrowed my eyes. It always happened with dogs. Whenever I've touched and go to walk away they cry. Dr. Deaton said I had a special gift and only I would know how to master it.

He was weird like that, but at the same time. It felt cool to know I had this gift and I had no idea what it really was. I went to walk out the operating room but stopped short when I heard Scott asking out Allison, my blood began to boil when she agreed.

I wasn't jealous, believe me. Scott was nothing to me. And that was exactly why I didn't want Allison to date Scott. He was a nobody and honestly, no one paid him any attention so why should Allison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Work is killing me.
Hope this is a good update.
feedback, rec, subscribe, tell ya friends.