Curiosity

004

I was still peeved about last night, Allison hadn't told me about her date. I mean not that she really had to, but still. We were best friends and thats what best friends do, tell each other everything.

Allison was extremely giddy this morning and of course I knew why, but I had to play the charades game, "What's got you so happy?" I yawned as her face lit up with excitement.

She stopped and put both her hands on my shoulders, "Scott asked me out last night!"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged her off, "Awesome."

She frowned and stopped me, "What's wrong? Aren't you happy?"

I sighed and tried to give my best smile, "Of course, Allison. I'm totally happy." I headed to my locker with her trailing behind. I could tell she didn't really believe my charade act but I wasn't happy. Scott McCall didn't deserve to be with Allison Argent, she had so much potential to be with someone more. Someone who had the looks like Jackson.

But seeing as Jackson was taken, that was out of the question. She leaned against a locker and crossed her arms. She stared at my shirt and started to ask questions, "So, how's your mom."

I froze, talking about my mother was still a hard subject to talk about. I hadn't written a letter to her in a few days and it made my father upset. But, it was hard keeping a relationship with someone who didn't want one back. "Um, s-she's fine."

Allison took the hint and left it, "Oh." She straightened up and smiled, she gave an awkward wave to Scott as he walked by. "Hi, Scott."

Scott stopped and gave an awkward wave back, "Hi Allison." He looked in my direction and looked down at his toes, "Hi Emilee." He turned his focus back to Allison and gushed out a dorky smile, "Can't wait till our date."

She gripped her strap and gushed the same smile, "Me either."

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, "See you later." I rounded the corner and got pulled by someone into an empty class room. I spun around to find Jackson, "Jackson!" I started breathing heavy, "You could have been like 'Hey, Em. Can we talk for a bit?' not completely steal me from the hallway and almost kill me."

Jackson had his hands around the straps of his bag, to be honest. Everyone looked stupid when they did this, but Jackson? He was hot, and I know Lydia claimed him way long ago but still. A girl can dream can't they? "Whatever, Em. You know that McCall guy right?"

"As if, Jackson. All I know is he's freaking weird and a complete loser." I straightened up my posture and pressed into the conversation, "Why?"

He shrugged and shook his head, "Nevermind, you're useless."

Even if Jackson was one of the hottest boys in school, he was an asshole. "Sorry I couldn't answer your needs, Jackson." I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes.

He stepped forward and leaned into my face, I could hear the venom being strained in each word, "You couldn't answer my needs even if you wanted to, Emilee James." He snickered, "Just because you're fairly new to being one of the hottest girls in school, Lydia still has you beat by a long shot." He left the classroom when the bell rang.

Me? I just stayed there. Jackson Whittemore just told me unintentionally I was hot. I smiled but frowned, he had been a jerk when he was telling me. But, at the same time! I shook my head, that's Lydia's man and I need to be loyal. I'll just erase that from my mind...maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3.
feedback,sub,rec,tellyourfriends