Status: I really like this one, not gonna lie. It's a long story, a lot of chapters. But I'd really love some feedback. :)

Seize The Day.

"Go For It."

They walked into the mall and it was basically empty. Brian looked around, “Where the hell is everybody?” Jenny laughed, “Probably at school or at work. It is Monday ya know.” He laughed, “Oh, right. Forgot about that. The days all kinda blur together after a while.”
She walked over to the map of the mall and looked for a specific store that she knew she wanted to take the guys to. It was the home of all teenagers who were rock and roll obsessed, and she thought they’d enjoy looking at their own t-shirts hanging up on the store wall.
She walked back over to the guys and grabbed Zacky by the hand, “C’mon! Let’s go!” He laughed and followed after her. She wondered when the rest of the guys would notice that they were gone. They were all just standing there, looking around the mall from where they were standing. It took them a few good minutes, but they finally turned and noticed that Zacky and Jenny were missing and Matt spotted them walking down the aisle of the mall. He got the attention of all the guys and they all followed after him. When they finally caught up to Jenny, she and Zacky were standing outside a store talking. “Look,” she said pleadingly, “You guys will love this store! I promise you that. Your own band merch is in here. C’mon man, you’ve gotta give it a try.”
Johnny slid up beside them, “I don’t know man; this store looks pretty scary.” Jenny laughed, “Oh shut up. It’s not that bad. I’ve been going to this store ever since I was like, twelve okay? It’s not that bad.” She walked into the store and looked back at the guys, when she saw that they were still standing there, she walked out and started to drag them in.
She took them all to the back of the store where the wall of band t-shirts were. The guys looked the wall over and when they finally saw the different rock bands that they had, it was like that was when they were finally impressed. Zacky looked at her, “What did you say the name of this store was again?” She smiled, “It’s call Hot Topic. It’s any teenager’s dream who’s into music.” Arin walked up to her and he had a stack of shirts in his hands, “I found some.” Jenny laughed, “For me or for you?” “For both! Duhh!” She laughed and started sifting through the pile that he had.
All of a sudden, she heard Brian scream, “Oh my god!” She walked over to where he was standing, “What are you ‘oh my god-ing’ about over here?” He pointed up the wall towards the top, “What the fuck is Justin Beiber doing on the wall with all these legends?” Jenny laughed and pulled him away from the wall and back to the rest of the guys. Brian looked at Arin with a raised eyebrow, “Having fun man?” Arin shrugged, “We don’t go shopping very often, so I’m going to enjoy this while I can.” He tossed a few shirts to Jenny who had already gotten a few of her own. Matt took them from her and started looking through them, “Well, I like most of them, considering they’re our own shirts. But what the hell are these doing in the mix?” He held up the two Eminem shirts she had chosen. Her jaw dropped and she grabbed the shirts from him and held them super tight, “Don’t diss Eminem!” Zacky raised an eyebrow, “You like Eminem?” She laughed, “Like is a bit of an understatement. He’s my favorite musician besides you guys.” Johnny laughed, “Doesn’t that seem a bit odd?” She shook her head, “Good music is good music man.”
She and Arin went up to the counter to pay for all their stuff and after Arin left the guy who was ringing her out asked, “Are they really the guys from Avenged Sevenfold?” Jenny laughed, “No, those are their identical twins. They use them as decoys when they go out in public.” The man threw all of her stuff into a bag and handed it to her, “A simple ‘yes’ woulda worked too ya know.” She rolled her eyes and walked away back to the guys.
They kept wandering throughout the mall and it was like this was the first time the guys had seen a mall. They were running back and forth through the aisles and bumping into the plants in the center and pissing off mall cops as they chased after each other. Jenny just walked behind them all watching and laughing. It was like they were a bunch of kids her age who were trapped in the bodies of adults. She looked from Arin and Matt over to Brian and Zacky and saw that they had picked Johnny up and put him on their shoulders and were running around like that. Jenny busted out laughing and they started to fall over and they just dropped Johnny like it was no big deal.
She stood over Johnny biting her fingernail to keep from laughing as she offered him her other hand to help him get up. He stood up and brushed himself off. He took off after the guys and once he did, a mall cop walked up to Jenny, “Are they with you ma’am?” She laughed and nodded, “Yea, I guess you could say that.” He looked down at her with a serious expression, “I’m going to have to ask you all to leave then. You’re disrupting the mall.” Jenny tried her hardest not to laugh as she nodded at the officer and started to walk away. She went up to Zacky who was trying to capture Johnny again and snagged him by the sleeve, “Hey, guys! We gotta go. The cop said we’re disrupting the mall.” All the guys came back to her and Syn started to laugh, “What the hell could we be disrupting? There’s no one here.” Jenny put her hand over his mouth to stop him from saying anything else, “I don’t know, but we gotta do what he says. That’s how it works in here.” Arin hung his head down as he slowly picked up his bags and Matt patted him on the back, “It’s okay little buddy.” Jenny laughed as she herded all the guys back out into the parking lot.
“Well,” said Johnny as he sat down next to Jenny, “I’d call that a successful shopping trip. We only got kicked out, not arrested.” Jenny laughed as she opened a beer and leaned against Johnny’s shoulder, “Oh yea, you guys should be so proud.” Zacky sat down in his chair across from them, “Come on Jenn, you’ve gotta admit, that was a lot of fun.” She giggled and nodded, “Oh trust me, I know it was fun, but I’ve never seen guys like you act like that in the middle of the mall haha.” Zacky leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head, “We’re just that cool. Hey, can I ask you something?” She nodded as she took another sip of her beer, “Shoot.” He looked down at his hands and then back up to her, “Can you sing?” She started laughing, “Well, I sing. Whether I sing well or not is a totally different story.” He looked at her suspiciously, “Pick one of our songs and start singing it. Let’s see how you do.” She sighed and hung her head, “You’ll be so disappointed and it just might ruin your love for the song.” Johnny rolled his eyes, “Oh shut up and sing for us.” She cleared her throat and started singing Victim. It was one of her favorite songs off of Nightmare and she spent a lot of time trying to make her voice sound good with the song.
She looked back to the guys once she had finished and their jaws were basically on the floor. She hung her head, “I told you I’m not that good.” Johnny slapped her on the back of the head. She turned to him, “What the hell?” Zacky spoke up, “You’re fucking amazing. Why didn’t you tell us you could sing?” She laughed, “Well, for one, it never really came up in a conversation. And two, I’m not that good.” Johnny shook his head at her and Zacky disappeared to the front of the bus where Brian and Matt were.
Jenny turned to Johnny, “Where’s Arin?” He laughed, “Does someone have a crush?” She laughed but could feel herself blushing, “Shit man, I have crushes on all of you haha.” Johnny rolled his eyes and pointed to the back of the bus, “He’s back there. Probably sleeping. He’s got a huge job during the shows. Drumming ain’t easy. I tried it once. Never again.” She laughed and went to take another sip of her beer but Johnny took it from her. She looked at him pleadingly, “Hey, not cool.” He took a sip and gave it back to her, “You shouldn’t be drinking. You’re too young for that.” She looked at him in disbelief, “Says the guy who gave me my first beer in the first place.” His eyes grew wide, “That was your first beer? Like, ever?” She nodded, “Yepp.” He shook his head, “You’re such a good kid. How the hell did you end up at one of our concerts?” She just laughed and leaned her head on his shoulder again.
While all of that was going on, Zacky was up front talking to the guys, “Yo, you shoulda heard her! It was amazing man.” Syn laughed, “What’d she sing man? A Taylor Swift song?” Zacky slapped his arm, “Nah man, she sang Victim.” Matt turned and looked at Zacky in shock for a moment before turning back to the road, “And she sounded good? You’re not just saying that right?” Zacky shook his head, “No man, she actually sounds really good. I think we could actually-” But Brian stopped him before he could finish the sentence, “Don’t even man. We like, just met her and you’re already thinking of bringing her on stage?” Zacky looked down at him, “Well why not man? I mean, she’s already living with us, why not give her something to do in the shows?” Syn shook his head, “Why not start her out as something small, like merch girl?” Zacky sighed, “Matt, what do you think man?” He thought about it for a minute, “I think that Brian needs to take over driving for me for a second while I go hear this miraculous voice you’re talking about.”
Matt walked back to where Jenny and Johnny were sitting, “Alright, I hate to break up the love-fest back here, but Zacky was telling me that you can sing?” Jenny laughed as she stood up and faced Matt, “Well, apparently I can, I don’t know.” Matt nodded, “Sing me something.” She looked to Zacky, “Should I sing Victim again?” He nodded, “Go for it.” She started singing it again and as she did Zacky was standing there smiling like he just showed Matt the secret to solving all the world’s problems. When she finished Matt looked at her for a second and said, “Well, we’ve gotta find you a stage outfit my friend. Because that voice sure as hell ain’t staying on the bus.”
Her jaw dropped and she couldn’t even think of words to say. She just jumped and gave him a huge hug, “You’re the best man! Holy shit!” Matt laughed as he set her back down on the floor, “Don’t thank me, thank this kid,” he said as he gestured towards Zacky. Jenny giggled and hugged Zacky and gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Thanks man.” He smiled at her, “No prob.” Johnny stood up and pushed her towards the back of the bus, “Have Arin help you pick out an outfit. I’m sure the two of you can put something together.” She smiled and stuck her tongue out at him as she walked away. Matt raised a questioning eyebrow, “What was that about?” Johnny laughed and waved his hand as if to dismiss the subject, “Nothin’ man. She has a thing for Arin I think.” Zacky laughed and sat down as Matt shook his head and made his way back to the front of the bus. Zacky turned to Johnny, “You really think they have a thing for each other?” Johnny shrugged, “Dunno. I mean, she definitely likes him. I’m still tryin’ to figure out what’s going on in his head though. I mean, it’s probably a scary place up in there.” Zacky laughed and opened a soda, “Well, they’ve only known each other for like, a day. I doubt anything too serious is gonna happen.” Johnny smiled to himself as he toyed with the beer in his hands, “Yea, but I mean, they’ve been hanging out a lot. I mean, you saw them in the mall today. Something’s gonna go down bro, I know it.” Zacky shook his head, “Whatever you wanna think man.”
Meanwhile, Jenny was in the back with Arin going through all of the stuff they bought at the mall that day trying to pick out a stage outfit for her. She laughed, “You have it so easy when it comes to clothes; all you have to do is find a pair of pants. You don’t even have to wear a shirt.” Arin laughed, “Well, you don’t have to either,” he said with a wink. She giggled and pushed him over, “Oh shut up and help me find something ya little hoe.” He laughed and dug through all of the shirts. He picked one up and looked at it, “Mind if I, umm, personalize it a bit?” She raised a questioning eyebrow at him, “Umm, is there going to be any shirt left when you’re done?” He laughed and nodded. She sighed and handed him a pair of scissors and watched him to go work.
When he was done, he turned it around so she could see what he’d done. He had taken one of her Hollywood Undead shirts and made slits in the sides so there were just little bands of cloth going across and he cut the collar a little lower. He tossed it to her, “Put it on.” She smiled, “Turn around.” He laughed and covered his eyes as he turned around. She slid her shirt off and put the new one on, “Okay, you can look.” She turned around and nodded in approval, “I’m liking this.” She laughed as she turned around to face the mirror, “Wow. I’d never get out of the house like this at home.” She turned around a few times to get a good look at it. She reached over and picked up the black cami that she had bought and went to put it on underneath it. Arin grabbed it, “What are you doing?” She laughed, “Ummm, covering myself?” He laughed and shook his head, “Oh no. That’s not the point of a stage outfit.” She put her hands over her face in exasperation, “But I don’t wanna look like a slut!” He laughed and turned her back around so she was facing the mirror, “Oh come on, face it, you look awesome.” She blushed as she tucked her hair behind her ear. She looked at him, “Okay, turn around one more time.” He sighed and turned around and when he looked back again, she had a complete outfit put together. He nodded and gave her a thumbs up in approval, “Now, go show the guys.”
He pushed her out to where Johnny and Zacky were sitting. “So,” she said as she spun around, “whataya think?” Zacky laughed, “I think Arin knows what he’s doing.” He winked at him as he took another swig of his soda. Jenny’s face went beat red as she turned to Johnny, “Well?” Johnny nodded, “I like it. This could definitely work.” She smiled and nodded, “Alright. Well then, if that’s settled, I’m going to go put some complete clothes on.” The guys laughed as she walked to the back of the bus where her clothes were.
Arin sat down and Johnny nudged him with his elbow, “So,” he said raising his eyebrows, “what’s the deal with you two?” Arin looked at him confusedly, “I’m not sure if I know what you mean.” Johnny sighed, “Do you two…ya know…like each other?” Arin laughed, “I think it’s too early to tell, don’t you? I just met her yesterday.” Zacky pointed to Arin and nodded, “See man? I told you!” Arin looked back and forth between them, becoming more confused by the second, “Wait, did you think that me and her were…?” Johnny laughed, “Nah bro. She’s got limits. I mean, she’s not a whore haha. I was just wondering if you had a thing for her is all.” Arin sighed and leaned back on the couch, “She’s chill man, and she’s cute. But right now, I think it’s way too early for anything like that to happen.” Zacky was about to ask Arin something when Jenny walked back into the room. She sat down between Arin and Johnny. She leaned over onto Arin’s side and looked at Zacky, “Toss me a Mountain Dew?” Zacky nodded and tossed a can over to her.
Arin nodded at Johnny, “What time is it man?” Johnny checked his phone, “It’s 4:30.” Arin leaned back against the couch, “And the show starts at 7:00 right?” Johnny nodded. Arin sighed and looked down at Jenny, her eyes were closed and it seemed like she was asleep. He looked at Johnny and pointed down to her and mouthed the words, “She asleep?” Johnny shrugged, “Looks that way to me.” Arin looked down at her and smiled as he put his arm around her and closed his eyes as well. Once he did that, Johnny looked over to Zacky and raised his eyebrows. He whispered, “Told ya.” Zacky gave a quiet laugh and made his way to the back of the bus to catch another hour or so of sleep before they had to perform.
Matt switched out with Syn for driving and as Brian walked to the back of the bus he saw Arin and Jenny and smiled. He looked at them for a second before going back to get his clothes for the concert.
When they pulled into the back lot for the concert, Matt walked back and woke Arin up, “Yo, lover-boy, wake her up and get your stuff ready. We’re on in an hour and a half.” Arin wiped the sleep from his eyes and nodded. He looked down at Jenny and smiled, “Hey,” he said quietly, “wake up Jenn. We gotta get movin’.” She stretched and yawned, “Alright.” She stood up and stumbled her way to the back of the bus. Arin laughed as he watched her walk away.
When she came back out she had her outfit and his on their hangers. He handed her a cup of coffee, “Looks like you need it.” She smiled and took it from him with her free hand, “Thanks.” She took a sip and shook the shivers off. The coffee made the rest of the world seem cold. She looked back up at Arin, “Oh, your drum stuff is all stacked back there. One of the guys musta gotten it ready for you.” He nodded, “Sweet deal.” She smiled as she walked off the bus and into the dressing room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this isn't an action-packed chapter or anything, but I just wanted to set up the basis for a lot of things that are going to happen later on in the story. Feedback? Please? Love you!