Morte et Dabo

Chapter 3: The Mortifer Blade and Dunixi

It was dark outside and everyone was in their homes. Even though the walls were built to keep people in and Darcwins out, there was a secret hole that only I knew of. It was an unfinished sector that was left abandoned because at the time, the builder and creator of the wall (a friend of Lebbaeus' father) wanted to escape if needed to. I quickly ran to that sector and climbed through the hidden hole and walked away from Elenhime.

Galian was a few hours away, I could make it there, do the job, and come back before anyone noticed my absence. And if Valentina, just so happens to awake sometime before my return, my note should satisfy her.

"Going to the Statue of Iris in the Central Plaza, I need to clear my thoughts. Love Korbin."

It was a believable note, seeing how I used to talk to the Iris statue as a boy. I held my daggers and my unfinished weapon close to me and traveled as fast as I could. By the time I reached Galian, I noticed all the changes in this place. There was dark shadowed trees covering the entire city, leaving the entrence dark and probably dangerous. I silently made my way through the entrence, of course, and caught sight of fire about two roads down. Two strange shadows and bright lights were going off. All I could think about was how my old hometown looked. It was burned, ash fell from the sky, painting the streets as if it was snow and buildings down the way laid in ruins, due to roughness of Galian's new company. The Agonists.

I silently lurked in the shadows as much as I could and found my way at a familiar street. My old street, and there infront of me, laid my childhood home. In ash and half of the roof burned and ruined. I entered the house and felt sick as memories of Mikal hit me. I quickly ran to my old bedroom and sat down on the old bed, that laid flat on the floor. Surprisingly, there seemed to be no ash anywhere on or near the bed. I set down my bags, my daggers beside them, and took in the air. Suddenly, it became hot and rough. The smell of fresh candles and blood lingered.

Before I could reach for my daggers, I was thrown out of the room by a force I was unable to see. I tried to get up as fast as I could, but I felt sharp blades press against my neck. The blades were a very familiar metal and were cut in a certain style. My eyes went wide, they were my daggers. The dark figure that held my weapons to me stared with deadly eyes that made my heart want to shatter with fear. I couldn't swallow and I felt cold.

Suddenly, the blades were replaced by the figure's tongue. I quickly kicked him off and grabbed my daggers from him and got into a fighting stance. "Who the FUCK are you?!"

The figure stepped toward a beaming light that came from outside. I was shocked to see how gorgeous this human was. He had a soft face, with some feminine qualities. He had white hair that laid gently on his shoulders, while his bangs slightly hid his interesting red eyes with a hint of purple or a similar color. This guy had a skinny body and pale skin, which looked soft, and he was three inches taller than me. He was wearing a black sleeveless jacket with a bunch of chains attatched, his pants were ripped a bit passed the knees, and his boots matched the design of his jacket. It was weird to see another human around the same age as me, in a place like this.

"Name's Dunixi, cutie." He said with a smirk. "So, what are you doin' here?"

"I'm trying to hunt an Agonist."

As soon as I said those words, his eyes showed interest, his smirk turned into a strange smile. "Oh? And why would you want to hunt an Agonist?"

I didn't want to tell him, but the more he stared at me, the more I couldn't keep my mouth shut. It was as if I was in a daze or under some type of truth medication. "I need the blood of an Agonist to make a weapon to kill my brother."

Dunixi laughed and finally looked away from me, allowing me to control my own words. When he finished laughing he looked at me and stepped closer to me. When I was finally backed against the wall, he placed his hands on the wall behind me and moved his face close to mine, our eyes meeting. "I can help you get the blood, you desire. Under one condition."

"Name it!" I was serious. No matter what cost, I would do it. I wanted revange more than anything in this world.

Dunixi's hand went to my cheek and his eyes closed for a minute. I studied his face and when his eyes opened, I felt dead again. It was the same eyes he gave me when he was ready to slice my neck. The eyes of someone that wanted to kill me, and enjoy it. "The condition for you to have my blood, is if I can have a taste of yours."

My eyes went wide and I began to shake. How can an Agonist have a human appearance. Lebbaeus' father said they were monsters, not human. Iclosed my eyes and whimpered a little. He must've liked that, because a small noise escaped his lips and he moved closer, pinning my body to the wall. "And, I want to leave this fucking place." I looked up at him. He looked, sad. I pushed him away gently, grabbed one of my daggers and removed my shirt. As he stood infront me, watching me with a confused look, I ran my dagger against my chest, blood dripped within seconds.

I glared at Dunixi, "Come on. I said to name your conditions. I accept."

Dunixi smiled and his eyes went from that amazing redish purple, to a strange light pink or something. He pinned my arms and licked the blood from my chest. I looked out the window and slowly closed my eyes, thinking back when Mikal used to play with me outside. We would run everywhere in town and then stare at the stars on the roof. When I came back to reality, Dunixi grabbed me and forced me to get my bags. He was staring at the window. "Agonist. We got to get out of here," he whispered. We quietly left and I led him to Elenhime.

~<>~

When I got home, Valentina left a note for me saying she was spending the day with Lebbaeus. That was great for me, but how will I explain Dunixi's situation. He disappeared from behind me and walked to my room and laid on my bed. "How did you know this was my room?"

"It has your scent, which is very unforgettable. In a good way." Dunixi answered, his eyes shut. I almost blushed at his comment, but I shook it off and began to unpack. I placed my unfinished sword on the floor and I heard Dunixi say something under his breath. "Mortifer."

"What?" I asked as I turned around. He grabbed the blade and looked at it, he seemed to admire it.

"To think a kid like you could create a weapon such as this." He traced the symbols of Iris I had carved and he smiled. "The Mortifer blade. A blade that brings chaos and death, a blade consumed in blood of an Agonist. Truly, an interesting creation." He then cut his hand and squeezed, his blood dripped onto the symbols and it began to glow. The only thing I could see was Dunixi smiling as he said words I was unable to hear. After that, I found myself in Dunixi's arms as he stared up at the ceiling. I quickly jumped and looked at him. "What ha-" Before I could ask, my sister walked through the door. Shit! I never came up with a story.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dunixi is one of my most favorite characters. I love creating fun wild characters that have a little bit of a crazy side.

If anyone is an artist, I would LOVE to see you draw your version of Dunixi and let me see it:)

Anyway, hope you enjoy and stick around.