Morte et Dabo

Chapter 5: Attack In Elenhime

I woke from a nightmare, this time, I watched myself die by the hands of Dunixi. I hugged my knees and closed my eyes. I kept reminding myself it was just a nightmare, but my heart paced with fear. After a minute or two, I began to relax. Dunixi was still gone from my room. I threw my legs over the edge of my bed and slowly stood to my feet, walking to the door and out into the hallway. Dunixi was on the ground beside my door. I frowned and placed my hand on his soft bare shoulder. “Ixi,” I whispered softly into his ear. He groaned silently and opened his eye slightly to look at me. He sat up and yawned, rubbing his eyes.

“It sucks that you just left me out here, Korbin.” He mumbled as he stretched. I sat next to him on the ground and looked at him. His eyes were so hypnotizing. Then he raised his brow, "Wait, what did you just called me?"

"Ixi." I blushed, realizing how childish his new nickname was. He hit my shoulder and stood to his feet.

"I hate that name." He replied. Then he smiled, a bit crazy like. "How about Nix? Ah, that sounds powerful. Then again," his eyes got crazy and he formed a stream from his hands and turned it red, like blood or wine. "I am Dunixi, the God of Wine."

"Ixi." I grabbed his arm and the red substance turned to water again, falling on the ground below us. He turned to look at me and his eyes looked sad, I moved my hand and didn't look away from him. I saw the same look in his eyes yesterday, when he told me his story.

"I beg of you Korbin." His eyes slowly slipped into anger and I could feel pressure again. I bit my lip, feeling as if my head would explode. His right hand gripped my hair and forced me to stare. "Do not call me Ixi. You do, and I will make sure you cannot speak." The pressure in my head stopped and I inhaled deeply. Before I could apologize for offending him, there was a huge sound outside. BANG!

I threw Dunixi his jacket and looked out the window of my bedroom. Smoke covered one side of the Elenhime Wall. People were running and screaming, and deep within the smoke, I saw a pair of eyes. His eyes were different from Dunixi's in a way; Dunixi had eyes that glowed red with a hint of purple. This guy's eyes were like ice, and it seemed as if he had no pupils.

"Oh Wine God," a loud voice called, the man walked through the smoke, entering Elenhime. He looked strange, as if some of his body was made of ice and fire. His voice was deep and roared with anger. Fire was thrown at homes and shops. This was an Agonist, probably more powerful than the one beside me. When Dunixi looked out the window I heard him mutter in Daemon. Did he know this guy?

"We need to get out of here."

I nodded my head and pulled on my boots and shirt, grabbing my daggers and Mortifer. We ran out of the house and it suddenly burst into flames. I tried to run back, but Dunixi grabbed me and yelled for me to follow him. I held back my tears and followed him to the statue of Iris. Some of the citizens were burned and dead on the ground around the statue. I felt sick, but I tried to hide it from Dunixi. He covered my eyes with his hand; I should've known that he would find out. Dunixi was my personal mind reader, protecting me from myself and reality. That's why I love him. Wait, what?

"Well, well, well. You are one Agonist to find." The deep voice spoke, this time it was closer. I could hear his footsteps and he was probably twelve feet away.

"What are you doing here, Faidon?" I could hear a growl from Dunixi as he spoke.

Faidon laughed and Dunixi removed his hand from my eyes. This new Agonist was wearing a black jacket and black pants, his feet were bare. The fire and ice seemed to disappear and he looked normal, no markings like Dunixi. I don't understand, wasn't Faidon an Agonist as well?

"Oh come on. Don't pretend you don't miss me."

"I don't Faidon. Now get out of here, go back to daddy like a good little princess." That comment made Faidon growl and his eyes turned to fire. Dunixi pushed me out of the way as Faidon charged. They began fighting with their fists at first, and then it became a fight with magic. I was impressed with Faidon's power--he could control all elements. I tried my hardest to focus, but I was stone.

"Why are you so mean, Duni? I was nothing but kind to you--treated you like a king--and you betray me?" Faidon landed a harsh punch to Dunixi's face, causing him to fly back into a building. I jumped a little and fear came over me, paralyzing me.

"I don't want your riches or your childish games, Fai. I want to be free from you and your father! You both will die, and it will be in memory of my sister!" He glared at Faidon and he pushed himself off the ground, ready to fight another round. Faidon walked up to Dunixi, and used the same technique he always did to me. He was controlling him through his blood. He forced Dunixi to bow and I could tell he was trying to fight it.

“My childish games? I gave you everything you wanted, Duni, and you betray me? Father should’ve ended your life instead of making you our servant. Well, you’ll die the monster you are now.”

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, I was standing over Faidon with Mortifer in my left hand. I touched my face to wipe the warm substance from it—blood. I stared down at my blade and blood dripped from it as well. “Korbin,” Dunixi’s voice was soft and I closed my eyes. What happened? I opened my eyes again and saw the mess that lay below me. Faidon was coughing out blood and wheezing, his right arm was three feet away from where I was standing and his chest had many fresh cuts. There was just so much blood. I wanted to move and puke my guts out, but I was frozen. Did I do this?

I felt two arms wrap around me. “Korbin, relax.” One of Dunixi’s hands slowly went down my arm and his hand touched mine, the one holding Mortifer. He pressed his lips to my ear, “Korbin, please. Spare him, give Mortifer to me.” Something inside me reacted, but it wasn’t good. I elbowed him in the stomach and forced Mortifer into Faidon’s chest. His good arm gripped Mortifer and he tried to breathe and he stared up at me whispering in Daemon before releasing Mortifer, dying slowly.

Dunixi then tackled me to the ground and pinned me. “What did you do?!” His eyes glared deep into mine and I was confused.

“Who are you?” Lebbaeus’ voice was clear and to be honest, it scared me. We both looked up at the leader of Elenhime, standing with my sister and the survivors. We were silent and I stared in fear, this couldn’t be happening. “Answer me. Now!” His voice caused Valentina to jump a little, but she pushed herself toward Lebbaeus. Dunixi continued to stay silent and a few of Lebbaeus’ men grabbed me and Dunixi, ripping his jacket to reveal to everyone his marks. “An Agonist,” Lebbaeus glared at me. “Did you know, Korbin?”

I looked down, hiding my face from him and the people I had betrayed. “Yes.”

“You brought him here? Breaking my rules of leaving these walls and bring in an Agonist?”

“Yes.”

“So you admit to your act of treason against everyone here? That took you in as a child?” Lebbaeus forced me to look at him and everyone else. Tears began to fall from my eyes and I cried loudly.

“Yes!”

Dunixi looked at me and tried to move toward me but one of the men holding him, hit him in the head with a piece of wood, causing him to fall. I tried to move, but I was overpowered by the two men holding my arms. Lebbaeus turned to face the people, his back facing me. I cried harder, I didn’t want this to be happening. This was my home too; I didn’t think bringing Dunixi here would cause havoc. My sister wouldn’t even look at me, but who could blame her.

Dunixi looked at me, “Korbin, I am sorry.” I shook my head and closed my eyes. Lebbaeus spoke loudly to the people, stating my fate.

“The act of treason, the deaths of many good people, and bringing danger to us falls on the shoulders of Korbin Raidor Elv the son of Isaac Raidor Elv. The punishment for these acts is death.” Lebbaeus paused and I could hear his efforts to hold back tears. “I will not bring death to Korbin, for he was like a younger brother.” The people began to make rude remarks, trying to change Lebbaeus’ mind. I opened my eyes and watched Lebbaeus. He faced me, tears streaming down his face. “I, the leader of Elenhime, banish you from this city.”

I tried to find words, but my throat was dry. Dunixi sat up and moved close to me, whispering. “Korbin...”

I turned my face away from him; I didn’t want him to see me this way. Lebbaeus’ men dragged me and Dunixi—and our things—and threw us out through the hole created by Faidon. Dunixi helped me to my feet, but I pushed him away. “Please don’t do this Korbin.” I ignored his plea and we walked the lonely path to nowhere. My weapons and paper were in a bag that Dunixi was holding, and at the moment, I didn’t want to be around him. I tried to remind myself that what happened was not his fault, but I was so angry with myself, I had to blame someone.

Hours passed and a storm hit. I tried to continue walking, but Dunixi grabbed my arm. “Korbin, we have to rest. Come on, let’s find shelter.”

“What shelter?!” I snapped, snatching my arm out of his grip. “You are the reason I am even out here! No home, no food, nothing! I have nothing!” Without thinking, I punched Dunixi in the face. I was shocked when I saw Dunixi look at me again, this time with tears in his eyes.

“Korbin…you have me.” He kneeled before me and cried. I felt so horrible, this gorgeous guy was crying because of me. Smart Korbin, fucking smart. “I swear Korbin; I will not let anything happen to you. I will never leave you and I will never ever hurt you, nor will I lie. Please, let us find shelter and rest. I worry about you, Korbin, please.”

I placed my hands on his shoulders and kneeled to level myself with him, and hugged him tight. There was no way I could stay mad at him. It was impossible. Maybe I really did love him. “Please…please, no more begging.” He nodded and we walked around until we saw a cave. I rested my head on Dunixi’s jacket and tried to keep warm.

Dunixi was trying his hardest to keep me warm, but nothing was working. “F-fire. Fire,” I kept saying. Out of nowhere, a fire started, right in the center of where we laid. After we were able to keep the fire going, I cuddled into Dunixi’s arms. “How did you and Faidon know each other?” I asked half asleep. I felt really ill, like my blood was burning hot and my back was bruised. Dunixi rubbed my arm and spoke softly.

“When I was turned into an Agonist, I was told to be special. Different. Most Agonists take weeks and sometimes months to fully transform, I transformed within seconds. The Darcwin that turned me had a son that was around the same age as me. His son wasn’t a true Darcwin, however. Apparently he turned a young woman into an Agonist and made her his slave, eventually giving birth to Faidon, a half breed that only had a human form. They forced me to be a servant or slave for them, and Faidon thought me attractive.” I heard Dunixi chuckle, but I felt something grow inside of me, an emotion that I did not know of. “I used his attraction for me as a way to manipulate him. In his mind we were lovers, for me, it was a way to get my freedom. When I finally learned everything I needed to escape, I did so and followed ordered Agonists to Galian, to hide.”

“So you lied before. You weren’t ordered to go to Galian. “

He nodded, “And for that I apologize. I did want to get out of Galian, but I never meant to bring harm to Elenhime.” I just nodded and closed my eyes.

As I slept, I could feel my blood begin to boil. The heat felt as if it would consume me. What was happening? I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t find my voice. I began to dig my nails into my arms, trying to rip out whatever was causing this. Was it venom? Poison? I woke from my sleep and shook Dunixi awake; he stared up at me with calm eyes.

“Yes, my love?” I melted when he said that, but the pain began to increase. He grabbed me and held me tight. “Be calm, it’s okay.”

“I…I think Faidon cursed me.” I screamed as the pain entered my heart. I tried to rip the skin and get to the pain, but Dunixi held my hands in place. I began kicking my feet and suddenly I felt as if I was on fire. I screamed for Dunixi to put out the flames, but there was none. Then I could see it. Fire. The fire was all over me. Why was Dunixi just sitting there? Why wouldn’t he help me? “Dunixi, save me!”

I woke up in sweat and out of breath. A dream? I sighed and pulled Dunixi closer to me, hoping he would erase that dream and just protect me. We continued to stay in the cave until the storm ended. I couldn’t understand the sickness I had, nor could I explain the nightmares I have been having. Something was off, and I needed answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
May seem a bit rushed and may have alot of mistakes. I will edit it when I wake up, I stayed up all night writing this. Enjoy.