Status: Active :D

Planning My Love Life

Chapter 1

“Rory, can you please come to my office?” my boss called me, AGAIN. I swear that man can’t live without me. I stood up from my desk and walked up to his office.
“Mr. Anderson, you called?” I said as I was awkwardly standing by his door.
“We need to talk about the BAFTA’S ceremony, I need you to organize everything and you will also be attending the dinner so I suggest that you find a date, since it’s only a month away.” I covered my mouth and started giggling like a maniac. Me? A date? Socializing? How funny. Yup, I’m the most awkward person you will ever meet and I’m awful at talking to people. Mr. Anderson just stared at me and got back to his normal work, he was used to my silly actions, so he didn’t care much about it.
I went to the bathroom and just stared at my reflection in the mirror, I’m not that bad looking, I have piercing blue eyes and black hair that was now in a ponytail. I’m skinny and my only problem is that I’m kinda small. I’m an event organizer, and to be honest, this was the biggest work I ever had, I normally organized birthday parties and stuff like that, but this was huge, I couldn’t mess it up.
Grabbing my phone, I decided to send a message to Benedict, we once met in one of the parties I organized and we have always been great friends since then.
“Benneh dear, we need to talk! My lunch time is in an hour, would you care to join me? xx “
Just as I was leaving the bathroom, my phone buzzed in my pocket, I took it out and read the message: “Sure hun, I’ll meet you in the usual place at 1.”
The rest of the morning passed pretty quickly, me and my assistant Carlie went through some details for the party and checked the guest list to make sure that everyone was invited.
Benedict and I met at "Joseph's Bistro", his favorite place.
He arrived in his Jaguar, as usual, God does he know how to make me envy!
He asked for a table for both of us, because I was a little busy with folders that I brought from work so he could help me out.
"Dear God, bringing this much work for lunch, what are you planning? Is it the royal wedding?" He smirked while asking me.
Even in this time of crisis, he amuses me and cheers me up, yes, because this time it's a real job, just for the fact that I have to participate on the event! Why did I hide in a cave for 20 years? (Not literally)
"I wish I was...oh God, I can’t do this. Look, I have to choose a dress, plan the whole BAFTA event, plus the dinner afterwards and the worse part is that I have to be there!” I had my hands covering my eyes at this point. Even with my assistant and some help from Benny boy, I still had no time for all of it. Though, I still think I’m missing something…
We received the menu, and ordered our meals. The chit-chat between us was enough to bring up some ideas for the ceremony, but there was still much to do. Most of the things were scribbled in a small notebook I brought along with me (one of thousands I have everywhere).
“That’s simply too much work for one person alone. You could drop-by after work if you want to, my mom will be there!” Benedict tends to offer himself to help every time there’s simply too much work for me, I usually panic and call him for advice, at minimum. Maybe he should consider a part-time as an event organizer? No, really! He can come up with seriously great ideas! Give the man a chance! And his mom, dear god, that woman is a saint!
“Really? I could really use the help. I need to finish the dinner details by today and I should start thinking of what to wear.” Thank god I met my idol to help me out, huh? Who would’ve guessed?
“Then that’s it! Tomorrow we can find each other something to wear!” He’s excited about it, to say the least, but I can’t help but notice how he uses his excitement to cheer me up…
“Thank you, you’re a life saver!” I hugged him with the little strength that I have and he hugged me back.
We had a calm lunch after and I did my best to keep my job on hold during that time. A quiet, friendly lunch between friends (did I say friendly?). Yes paparazzi! Just friends! Nothing else, unlike you all tried to imply some weeks ago, which made me hide at home, planning the event through phone with my assistant.
Sometimes I wonder why I became an event organizer, but then again I can’t even remember how I started! God, I have the memory span of a fish!
After lunch, Ben and I parted ways. He returned to whatever project he was involved at the time and I returned to the office, so much to do and so little time!
Out of the blue, my stupid phone rings again and the name of my “dear” boss is stamped across it. He really can’t live without me apparently. I picked it up as fast as I could, making me drop most of the folders I was carrying.
“I’m just calling to make sure you started sketching some ideas for the event.” I just wanted to shove my phone into someone’s face! I was nearly out of breath with so much to do and so little time. Dude, it hasn’t been more than 5 hours since he assigned me with this and he already wants a full report? If I die on the job, I’ll seriously request a nice funeral! In a golden coffin with red velvet!
“I have the dinner details nearly gathered an-” he interrupts me at full speed, shooting questions at every direction possible.
“Did you manage a menu to everyone’s liking? How many guests are coming? Are you inviting a famous chef? What about the place? Found anything nice? And the-” There’s only one thing to do to end this mess and start focusing on what’s important here, asides from my career that might end tragically if anything goes wrong.
Not looking forward to lie under a bridge but, I’m a ninja at planning parties!
“I really need to hurry, Mr. Anderson, I’m out of battery!” and with that I left the man speaking to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, tell us what you think :)